Jeep pulls to right-need advice

azjlur

First Name
Angie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
I had a Rock Krawler 2.5 inch Max travel lift, 37 inch Cooper STT Pros, Fox shocks and a Fox steering stabilizer installed 3 weeks ago. My Jeep has pulled to the right ever since. They did do a four wheel alignment when they installed the lift and tires. I took it back to the shop and they checked everything and said it was fine. They thought it might be the Fox steering stabilizer. Bought a cheaper steering stabilizer and installed it but still had the pull. Took it to a different alignment shop and they said my alignment was perfect and that it must be radial pull from one of the tires. Took it to Discount Tire and had them rotate the 2 front tires and it still pulled. Had them rotate the tires front to back and it still pulls to the right. It’s not severe, but it is annoying and worse at higher speeds. Any ideas on what the problem is?
Sponsored

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I had a Rock Krawler 2.5 inch Max travel lift, 37 inch Cooper STT Pros, Fox shocks and a Fox steering stabilizer installed 3 weeks ago. My Jeep has pulled to the right ever since. They did do a four wheel alignment when they installed the lift and tires. I took it back to the shop and they checked everything and said it was fine. They thought it might be the Fox steering stabilizer. Bought a cheaper steering stabilizer and installed it but still had the pull. Took it to a different alignment shop and they said my alignment was perfect and that it must be radial pull from one of the tires. Took it to Discount Tire and had them rotate the 2 front tires and it still pulled. Had them rotate the tires front to back and it still pulls to the right. It’s not severe, but it is annoying and worse at higher speeds. Any ideas on what the problem is?
Did the lift come with front and rear adjustable track bars to re center the axles?

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
How slight is the pull as all vehicles should track a bit right in case you fall asleep at the wheel. If it’s anything that causes a full lane change at 60mph in less than 12-15 seconds you have an issue.

But with JL steering you could be in a different county in 10 seconds with factory steering so who knows.

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Right also happens to be the grade from crown of the road, what you are experiencing can be attributed (partially) to front solid axle acting on the natural grading of all roads.

0AD0893B-1CE5-4189-B40B-95DD16F0F405.jpeg

Remember this will be more pronounce in a solid axle vehicle vs independent suspension.

F47245B1-3F29-409D-AEF9-35A5B9BDF77F.jpeg

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
did you ever get this sorted out? If so, what was the cause and remedy?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Did the lift come with front and rear adjustable track bars to re center the axles?
Mine is pulling to the right also ever since I put the 37 1350 Cooper SST pros. I had to 37 1250 rich rappers and I drove straight as can be I've rotated tires move them all around they say it's just the tread in The wider tire that doing it.hate to spend thousands of dollars on control arms drag bars and all kinds of stuff when it's just tread design of the tire. that's what they are saying.can't be alignment it drove straight until I put the wider 13.50 tire on it

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is pulling to the right also ever since I put the 37 1350 Cooper SST pros. I had to 37 1250 rich rappers and I drove straight as can be I've rotated tires move them all around they say it's just the tread in The wider tire that doing it.hate to spend thousands of dollars on control arms drag bars and all kinds of stuff when it's just tread design of the tire. that's what they are saying.can't be alignment it drove straight until I put the wider 13.50 tire on it
I’m beginning to think you’re right! I’ve made tons of adjustments and even had it aligned 2 different times with different shops and both believe it’s dialed and shouldn’t be pulling. I’ve cross roared and swapped them around and it’s still pulling, also seemed to happen after tires installed. What psi are you running? I’ve tried from 25-34 to me 30-32 makes it pull a bit less and track the imperfections in road a bit less. I’m on 37/12.50/17 STTs

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I’m beginning to think you’re right! I’ve made tons of adjustments and even had it aligned 2 different times with different shops and both believe it’s dialed and shouldn’t be pulling. I’ve cross roared and swapped them around and it’s still pulling, also seemed to happen after tires installed. What psi are you running? I’ve tried from 25-34 to me 30-32 makes it pull a bit less and track the imperfections in road a bit less. I’m on 37/12.50/17 STTs
I run SSTthe Cooper pro 37 1350 and it's a 10 ply so I run it at 28 PSI but it's still pulls to the right

Last edited:

Village Idiot

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Mine is new with factory wheels and factory 33s. Pulls right. Shop checked it, said good. Still pulls right. They rotate tires. Still pulls hard right on freeway. Even when flat.

bikenutty

First Name
Cash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Silver 2018 Ford Raptor Crew Cab 2012 ZX10R 2007 FJR1300 2018 Honda NC750X 2015 Yamaha 212SS Jet Boat
Occupation
Facilities Engineering Lead
Coincidence? I had a constant pull, was checking fasteners and found nothing. Just happened to have my sway bar hit my drag link so I went to lengthen my adjustable front sway bar links and found one side was about 1/8" different from the other, adjusted the right side so the lower mount bolt would slide through easily. Seemed to have made a big difference. Doesn't sound like a solution..... but here I am with no pull....

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
If your steering stabilizer isn’t a “through shaft” design like the Fox TS or ATS or the Teraflex Falcon Nexus 2.1 or 2.2, it will cause pulling to the right. You get what you pay for with steering stabilizers. Definitely worth going with a good one. Through shaft is the key. I can almost guarantee this will alleviate your pull.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
If your steering stabilizer isn’t a “through shaft” design like the Fox TS or ATS or the Teraflex Falcon Nexus 2.1 or 2.2, it will cause pulling to the right. You get what you pay for with steering stabilizers. Definitely worth going with a good one. Through shaft is the key. I can almost guarantee this will alleviate your pull.
I was told I need more caster and the only way to get it is with getting adjusted front lower control arms. I asked about adjustable steering stabilizer and geometry control brackets. Everyone told me something that gets more caster which I need is the adjustable lower control arms. You agree ? I was told for every half inch you get one degree of caster is that true? If so what normally do jeeps need ? My fixed lower control arms that came with my Mopar lift are 24 1/4. Do you think I need 25 cuz I can get some fixed teraflex free that are 24 and 5/8 that's a half inch longer which would be 1 degree of caster. Is that enough or do you think I be better off with getting adjustable ones that would go to 25 5/8 ? But they won't be free
Sponsored