Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Would be? They were lame from the beginning. Fortunately, they were all jammed into one, because they all went the same way. A bunch of posts started stirring the pot, just for the sake of it, with talk about how the bronco will outshine the Wrangler in every way. That was quickly followed by analytical breakdown of the many demo videos that clearly showed its weaknesses. Finally, rather than conceding, those same posters continue to backpeddle and wrongly compartmentalize those weaknesses to only being an issue if "climbing rocks". Now, we are left with mirror talk and justification for having 3x the weatherstripping in the roof.

Using the term lame, was actually a nicety.
Well that is why there is just one thread and it can be ignored (which most of the users on this site do).
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Well that is why there is just one thread and it can be ignored (which most of the users on this site do).
I'd rather do my part to offset misinformation or the lack of the information on the flip side of the coin, than to just simply ignore a thread. I've yet to do it, but I can see the benefit of ignoring an individual who chooses to erode something instead of putting that same effort into building it up. But ignoring a thread does nothing more than leaving a bunch of worthwhile people out in the cold.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I'd rather do my part to offset misinformation or the lack of the information on the flip side of the coin, than to just simply ignore a thread. I've yet to do it, but I can see the benefit of ignoring an individual who chooses to erode something instead of putting that same effort into building it up. But ignoring a thread does nothing more than leaving a bunch of worthwhile people out in the cold.
Good point!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 9.07.28 AM

Base Bronco tires are 255/70R16

Base JL tires are 245/75R17

JL tires are a bit narrower but 1.5 inches taller is significant.
Thanks for taking the time to do this. I was responding to a post that said the Bronco had beefier tires on the lower Trims, but i was lazy and did the comparison in my head.

Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I'm satisfied for now but my JLR is my fiftieth something vehicle. Wife says no more, but at 69 there is still time for a Bronco, C8 whatever and new broad in the passenger seat :giggle:
Please don't quote me, I may want to delete this thread. cheaper to keep her and all, haha

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Would be? They were lame from the beginning. Fortunately, they were all jammed into one, because they all went the same way. A bunch of posts started stirring the pot, just for the sake of it, with talk about how the bronco will outshine the Wrangler in every way. That was quickly followed by analytical breakdown of the many demo videos that clearly showed its weaknesses. Finally, rather than conceding, those same posters continue to backpeddle and wrongly compartmentalize those weaknesses to only being an issue if "climbing rocks". Now, we are left with mirror talk and justification for having 3x the weatherstripping in the roof.

Using the term lame, was actually a nicety.
Cue the gif lol :rock:

But seriously, I don't mind reading both sides here. I just... I don't know. I feel kind of bad because I think a lot of people get really caught up in all this talk and kind of force themselves into expensive vehicles that they never even use the capabilities of.

WRGLR-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
Last summer you whined Jeep guys are just brushing the Bronco off because it’s not a Jeep. I remember asking you for specific examples of Jeep people putting down the Bronco which ironically was never responded to. I wonder why..

Let’s ask a similar question again. By either quoting or linking the posts, who exactly is suggesting the Bronco is not Jeep Wrangler competition? There’s a lot of mental gymnastics going on in this thread and it’s mostly one sided..
It's not really a lot of gymnastics. Trolls aren't good at gymnastics.🙃

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Cue the gif lol :rock:

But seriously, I don't mind reading both sides here. I just... I don't know. I feel kind of bad because I think a lot of people get really caught up in all this talk and kind of force themselves into expensive vehicles that they never even use the capabilities of.
That's exactly why I don't cease to respond to these threads. To point out the other side of why Jeep did this and Ford did that. To offer full disclosure, which goes a long way towards someone making an informed purchase.

As a quick example, I'll mention the slew of 2.0 vs 3.6 threads. Reading most of the posts, a non mechanical buyer would be left thinking that the turbo is destined to blow up in short order and that a kitten gets gutted for every 2.0 purchase. I've already come across a few posts from people that went with the 3.6 and settled on being uninspired. They happened to have driven a 2.0, after the fact, and instantly had buyers remorse because they kept reading posts about it not being good in a heavier Jeep. They, unfortunately, didn't know well enough to realize that they were taking advice from people that aren't qualified or have never even seen the inside of an engine. But that doesn't seem to stop them from spreading false information.

I'm babbling.

Also, nothing for anyone to feel bad about. People have been buying expensive vehicles that never see a fraction of their full capability, since before Jeeps even existed. It's human nature to want more than is really needed. My take is that someone who makes it far enough to be on this board, should already know what they're getting into. Rather than dissuade them from spending, I'd rather focus on helping them spend wisely.

Oh, and so I don't miss my cue.... ;)

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread giphy (9)

Hahaha! Gotcha buddy!

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

Tellurian

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Wrangler JLUR Ocean Blue (MT); ‘20 Grand Cherokee White; ‘12 Volvo C30 (MT)
Occupation
Analyst

One thing I’ll be curious about is Ford’s relationship with the aftermarket companies.

Ford clearly understands the ever increasing amount of money to be made off of accessories in the overlanding community and have quite the rollout of accessories that aftermarket companies brought into being: dash rails, limb risers, rock lights, recovery boards, storage drawers, etc.). I wonder how many folks will not shop outside of Ford’s network so as to not disrupt their clean OEM aesthetic.

I foresee a great wave of overlanding Bronco mall crawlers. It will be nice to cross that one off the “It’s a Jeep thing” list.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
As far as EJS concepts go, these are very mild.
Sponsored