Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

WRGLR-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
And you say ford copied Jeep. Which is it? Haha
I think you mistaked me for someone else. You're making to many claims to follow your own posts. I never said Ford copied Jeep? You're making all the claims of who is copying who. I stated that I do not see where a 60's Bronco looks like a Jeep JK/JL which was your claim. Except for them both having 4 tires that is....
Sponsored

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
What’s already been said. All I can say is “it takes two (Broncos) to tango” with a Jeep Wrangler.
wrangler all day long.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep made a smart play, in my opinion, by sticking with 33's on the Rubicon. Here's my 2 thoughts:

How many past generation owners had to lift to fit a big, at that time, 33?They are pleased to get that directly from the factory. Looks good and is quite capable, while helping to maximize fuel economy. Plus, 35's are still an option without further mods.

For those who want bigger, most go right to 37's because lifting is also part of the plan and 35's will be too small. Those lightly used 33's are very easy to sell to a large market of sport and Sahara owners who aren't looking to drop a lot of coin on lift and tires too big for their factory wheels. 35's can take a bit longer to move.

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
The Far Off delivery dates for the Bronco will hurt sales, people get tired of waiting,and will go for the JL/ JT.
This is why we placed an order for a JL. I've forever been a Bronco fan. But I can't wait until mid 2021 (or 2022, depending on what you believe, for one). While I do like what the Bronco MAY be, I don't regret our decision. We'll see where the Bronco is a few years from now.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
If Jeep would build the J8 Concept, I would buy it. If Ford builds something like the J8 Concept, I would buy it.

If I'm going to be forced to buy a 4-door pickup then I'll be looking at a F150 Raptor or TREX.

Sponsored

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Wrangler vs A vehicle nobody can buy and nobody has ever driven. Cool
Seems everybody knows everything about the bronco That they have not built and that nobody has driven.

How about wrangler vs Godzilla

Last edited:

ChadT

First Name
CHAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR, 2017 JKR Lots of mods
For a brief period I was interested a bit in the bronco only because I like the early EB Bronco's and I had a 83 at one time. Once the delays starting happening I began loosing interest quickly like we were being teased and then once the solid front axle was said to not be happening that mostly ended my interest in them.

The cherry on top is that you have to order sight unseen except for publicity photos and you cant even test drive one, and now you will have wait now even longer than initially stated to get your vehicle.

Curious if Ford will allow its dealer network to screw this up like they did the T-bird when it was reintroduced and they were charging way over sticker for a car that had a lot of interest and could have sold a lot of units but didn't because they priced it above what the masses wanted to pay

Last edited:

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Jeep made a smart play, in my opinion, by sticking with 33's on the Rubicon. Here's my 2 thoughts:

How many past generation owners had to lift to fit a big, at that time, 33?They are pleased to get that directly from the factory. Looks good and is quite capable, while helping to maximize fuel economy. Plus, 35's are still an option without further mods.

For those who want bigger, most go right to 37's because lifting is also part of the plan and 35's will be too small. Those lightly used 33's are very easy to sell to a large market of sport and Sahara owners who aren't looking to drop a lot of coin on lift and tires too big for their factory wheels. 35's can take a bit longer to move.
This is an interesting point and it makes sense. Not sure I agree with it fully though.

I believe that if jeep offered a 35” tire included in a factory “suspension enhancement package’ (I.e. a small lift and maybe a choice of a new rim too) that it would sell like hot cakes to a large number of buyers who, frankly, will never take their jeep off-road and who don’t “customize” but who like the aggressive LOOK of the larger tires and small Lift. Put it all on at the factory. Wrap it all into the factory warranty and wrap it all into the financing.

If a prior generation was pleased to get 33’s right from the factory, won’t they, or a new generation be even more happy to get 35’s?

I’m willing to bet you the glazed donut of your choice that Jeep has 35” tires on the rubicon by sometime in the 2022 model year. And then they will need to worry even more about CAFE.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
What I find most interesting about this thread is the fact that this is a Jeep board with a large (and potentially disproportionate) amount of Jeepers who also use their jeep off-road. folks here tend to skew towards being off-road enthusiasts And also highly dedicated, long-term Jeepers.

yet, about a 35% of folks here will consider buying a Bronco as a replacement for their Jeep or as a second vehicle. 54% of folks will stay with their Jeeps.

on a board that is populated by “Jeepers”, I find those results remarkable. And, to me, it points to the Bronco selling VERY well with the general public.

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
I mean, my Cayman has seen dirt on a forest road.

I thought we dispensed with this....

It came down to a bunch of queers (myself included) who couldn't agree on what constituted a "trail" or "offroading". But the SEMA numbers I posted pretty much said a fairly high percentage (65%ish IIRC) of Jeeps see dirt.