Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Interesting that the Broncos parked next to the Wrangler in the photo is the higher end off road packages with 35” tires and the Wrangler is all but a basic two door with 31” tires. Let’s see a Rubicon with steel bumper and 35” tires sitting there instead. That would make for a more even dollar for dollar comparison. Wait.....what I am saying, silly me that’s not what they want to show it wouldn’t be so dramatic and misleading.
Exactly! Completely staged. Here is an original picture from the article with the Bronco purposely parked in a spot a little higher so it looks taller. I leveled out the asphalt in the second picture. You will see the Bronco doesn’t look so much taller than the Sport when they are both on level ground.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread 571592F0-07EF-4DE6-88A7-7269694755F7

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread D542E070-8103-46BD-AD11-52848F98B35E
Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Exactly! Completely staged. Here is an original picture from the article with the Bronco purposely parked in a spot a little higher so it looks taller. I leveled out the asphalt in the second picture. You will see the Bronco doesn’t look so much taller than the Sport when they are both on level ground.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread D542E070-8103-46BD-AD11-52848F98B35E

I think we can agree on one thing. This bronco won't become a legend.

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
I think Bronco looks good overall. But the 4-door looks too much like a Land Rover Discovery —which is good or bad, depending on your take; the 4-door with the soft top looks like a... Mongolian yurt.

In this picture I see a nice Jeep and 2 underdeveloped inbred children. but hey, that's just me, maybe you see 2 first attempt copy cats of a Jeep and a nice Jeep. Which ever you see its still a nice Jeep.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Why do people always misunderstand the "Ford Built Jeep Scenario"

Bantham was the original but could not meet demand and had financial problems. Then Willys and Ford were contracted to build a prototype using Banthams design model. Willy won and began production building over 300,000 units....but also has production issues....so the GOVT let Ford build the Jeep the (GPW) using Willys design. The "W" at the end designate Willys. Ford built about 250,000 units approx.

So...NO ford was not building Jeeps before anyone else.

After the War the Willy became the CJ models and then about 16 years later Bronco came around. Then Ford kept slowly molding it into a full size truck until they sh#t canned it for 26 years while Jeeps were still produced.

Ford has a tendency to produce a "Flavor of the Month" vehicle....let's hope they dont get bored of the Bronco....again!
Then you need to correct wiki. They say 640k units.
I never said before anyone else, I said before jeep. I was correct in saying Ford actually produced the Willy's prior to the Jeep moniker(CJ in 1945), I was wrong in assuming the Jeep was a separate entity from Willy's.
Specs don't matter, just internet rumor and personal impressions.

You can apply this lesson to anything.
You're right The Bronco could be that much greater than the 20 Rubicon.
:CWL: Sorry I'm still laughing as I write this... Ford building things in WWII has nothing to do with Bronco copying the JL Wrangler. Ford benchmarked the JL Wrangler. Haven't you read? Can't you see? What you "think" is inconsequential to reality.
Copying and competing are 2 different items. What is your complaint, the Ford Bronco looks like the original 66 Bronco but bigger, or that the JK/JL looks like the 66 Bronco?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I think they both look good.

Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread 6234DC49-92AD-448B-86ED-C0B77B06A460
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread 4ABA83F8-6BBA-4550-9A5E-5A1A9E553737
I think we can agree on one thing. This bronco won't become a legend.
It already is.
In this picture I see a nice Jeep and 2 underdeveloped inbred children. but hey, that's just me, maybe you see 2 first attempt copy cats of a Jeep and a nice Jeep. Which ever you see its still a nice Jeep.
Again the looks of the current JK/JL is a copy of the original 60’s Bronco. One reason I love the new Jeeps so much.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Good thing it’s just a spy shot because that is the ugliest vehicle I have seen in quite some time.
Um.... it’s an FJ Cruiser... not a bronco. Seems someone was just having a little fun here....

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread 4ABA83F8-6BBA-4550-9A5E-5A1A9E553737

It already is.

Again the looks of the current JK/JL is a copy of the original 60’s Bronco. One reason I love the new Jeeps so much.
JL/jk copies the Bronco? Sorry. I don’t buy that at all.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I heard they were going to build a maverick unibody pickup based on the Bronco sport. Too many rumors to keep up.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The Far Off delivery dates for the Bronco will hurt sales, people get tired of waiting,and will go for the JL/ JT.
Plus, as was noted earlier, the Bronco is BIG , 5-7" longer and wider than the JL , in 2 door model. That's an issue for narrow trails, parking, all the things we like in a nimble, trail worthy vehicle. I much prefer the clean lines of the JL, but that's subjective, and " Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder "
What's a fact, Jeep will up its Game to keep us loyal, and that's a solid " Win"

Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
JL/jk copies the Bronco? Sorry. I don’t buy that at all.
All I can say is the JK/JL look so much better with that squared off roof. First this I said when I saw the JK was that looks like a bronco...

Do you even remember the “We’ll lift it” Jeep ad?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
All I can say is the JK/JL look so much better with that squared off roof. First this I said when I saw the JK was that looks like a bronco...
Because they squared off the hard top?

i still don’t see it.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Agree, I can't see the similarities of any 60's Bronco to a current JK or JL... They do both have 4 tires though....
And you say ford copied Jeep. Which is it? Haha

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Saw a report this morning that said the Bronco release has now been pushed from 4/2021 to 6/2021. Also, if you haven’t already placed a reservation, it’s being reported you will now have to wait 18 months, tail end of 2022, for delivery. Take that for what's it worth.
The Far Off delivery dates for the Bronco will hurt sales, people get tired of waiting,and will go for the JL/ JT.
Plus, as was noted earlier, the Bronco is BIG , 5-7" longer and wider than the JL , in 2 door model. That's an issue for narrow trails, parking, all the things we like in a nimble, trail worthy vehicle.
This is so true. I really like the look of the Bronco, but it does seem massive and potentially harder to manage as a daily driver, even if the IFS allows it to run smoother. Getting that thing into parking garages and keeping it in one lane on the highway seems like a bit of a chore.
And why would I really want to wait an extra year to buy a constantly delayed 1st gen vehicle just to find out if it's really as much of a chore to drive as it seems?

And that's before we get into final pricing and off road capacities debates.
Sponsored