Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Months before the Bronco’s shiny Wrangler tires( LOL ) hit the pavement Jeep will have announced a plethora of teasers and upgrades to make everyone considering a Bronco purchase to second guess that decision. Bronco has everything to prove, Jeep does not.
Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I am not overly impressed with the looks Bronco. The headlights remind me of a toy car .You look at the Wrangler and you immediately sense the baby bronco won't make it to the finish line . Wrangler probably won't even challenge that little immature bumper car .

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Bronco fenders look like nail clippings... which is one of the worst aspects of the design. Also the vehicle is disproportionately wide in the front but the hood seems to have plenty of space for two v8s not one. You cover the front, it's difficult to tell if the A-pillar back is a Wrangler or not because they copied everything.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Saw a report this morning that said the Bronco release has now been pushed from 4/2021 to 6/2021. Also, if you haven’t already placed a reservation, it’s being reported you will now have to wait 18 months, tail end of 2022, for delivery. Take that for what's it worth.
LOL, Ford fumbled that horribly. In the end that's going to hurt them
go figured, ford cant get their shit together and be ready for a pre order run on the bronco, i can see that ford is going to rush in building the pre orders and things are not going to work right.

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
Interesting that the Broncos parked next to the Wrangler in the photo is the higher end off road packages with 35” tires and the Wrangler is all but a basic two door with 31” tires. Let’s see a Rubicon with steel bumper and 35” tires sitting there instead. That would make for a more even dollar for dollar comparison. Wait.....what I am saying, silly me that’s not what they want to show it wouldn’t be so dramatic and misleading.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I don’t know why but I will admit to really liking the look of the Bronco. But, don’t listen to me- I also really like the exterior look for the Toyota FJ.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
I am not overly impressed with the looks Bronco. The headlights remind me of a toy car .You look at the Wrangler and you immediately sense the baby bronco won't make it to the finish line . Wrangler probably won't even challenge that little immature bumper car .
They are round like the cj/tj/jk/jl. Of course you could say the rounded/soft lines could look toyish. I think you’ll be surprised at how much this toy car can do.
Bronco fenders look like nail clippings... which is one of the worst aspects of the design. Also the vehicle is disproportionately wide in the front but the hood seems to have plenty of space for two v8s not one. You cover the front, it's difficult to tell if the A-pillar back is a Wrangler or not because they copied everything.
Maybe the jk/jl copied ford from the 60’s. That’s what I thought when the jk showed up in 07. Finally Jeep squares off the back hardtop, looking like the early broncos.
We won’t mentioned ford built the Jeep before Jeep did. Ford built over 500k GPW for the war.
Interesting that the Broncos parked next to the Wrangler in the photo is the higher end off road packages with 35” tires and the Wrangler is all but a basic two door with 31” tires. Let’s see a Rubicon with steel bumper and 35” tires sitting there instead. That would make for a more even dollar for dollar comparison. Wait.....what I am saying, silly me that’s not what they want to show it wouldn’t be so dramatic and misleading.
True, but this can’t happen. Jeep does not offer a 35 oem tire. It would be nice to see base vs base or badlands vs rubicon side by side.
it also be nice if Ford compares equal vehicles not piece together numbers from different builds. Such as why mention the 94.75:1 and the Sasquatch angles if you can’t build a bronco like that? Naive Ford!
Ill tell you that bronco is into the bump stops pretty good with not that much travel. You can see it on that desert running footage. What good is IFS with like 6-8 of travel...
What are the travel specs of each? Sway connected and disconnected? From what I’ve seen RTI scores are very close....if not Ford in the lead.

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
What are the travel specs of each? Sway connected and disconnected? From what I’ve seen RTI scores are very close....if not Ford in the lead.
Specs don't matter, just internet rumor and personal impressions.

You can apply this lesson to anything.

Sallaman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt jk
I definitely think it was staged... kind of a lets find a base sport still running its street tires and bumper fillers and park our mid and upper level broncos next to it for a photoshoot.. im not discounting the bronco, i kinda like the way it looks, not necessarily for me but maybe for my wife instead of a renegade... looking at the specs you can definitely tell they had a rubicon locked up somewhere as their goal to shoot for... jeep just needs to add a set of 35s as an option to take back that tire size advantage.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Maybe the jk/jl copied ford from the 60’s. That’s what I thought when the jk showed up in 07. Finally Jeep squares off the back hardtop, looking like the early broncos.
We won’t mentioned ford built the Jeep before Jeep did. Ford built over 500k GPW for the war.
:CWL: Sorry I'm still laughing as I write this... Ford building things in WWII has nothing to do with Bronco copying the JL Wrangler. Ford benchmarked the JL Wrangler. Haven't you read? Can't you see? What you "think" is inconsequential to reality.

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - Firecracker Red
They are round like the cj/tj/jk/jl. Of course you could say the rounded/soft lines could look toyish. I think you’ll be surprised at how much this toy car can do.

True, but this can’t happen. Jeep does not offer a 35 oem tire. It would be nice to see base vs base or badlands vs rubicon side by side.
it also be nice if Ford compares equal vehicles not piece together numbers from different builds. Such as why mention the 94.75:1 and the Sasquatch angles if you can’t build a bronco like that? Naive Ford!

Why do people always misunderstand the "Ford Built Jeep Scenario"

Bantham was the original but could not meet demand and had financial problems. Then Willys and Ford were contracted to build a prototype using Banthams design model. Willy won and began production building over 300,000 units....but also has production issues....so the GOVT let Ford build the Jeep the (GPW) using Willys design. The "W" at the end designate Willys. Ford built about 250,000 units approx.

So...NO ford was not building Jeeps before anyone else.

After the War the Willy became the CJ models and then about 16 years later Bronco came around. Then Ford kept slowly molding it into a full size truck until they sh#t canned it for 26 years while Jeeps were still produced.

Ford has a tendency to produce a "Flavor of the Month" vehicle....let's hope they dont get bored of the Bronco....again!