My favorite mod... and it was FREE!
Heat the sticker with a hairdryer. Pick a corner and peel slowly at 180 deg. Keep applying heat. The vinyl material on the visor will pull up somewhat with the sticker. Don't worry, it will reset quickly. (The visor may look like its made from a solid piece of plastic, but there is a vinyl cover on it.)How did you get it off? I can’t seem to even get it started. it’s like it’s fused to the plastic.
They are so big and the passengers side is covered as well.
That might cover new ARP head bolts.You can't get much for a JL for a measly $200. Close to $200 is the Z Automotive Tazer. You really can't do any big mods without it.
On a different note, I've discovered that you can pretty much rebuild the motor on a YJ for $200. lol.
Do you have a build thread? My initial search says no.$4 for name badging. Yep...$4.
A $4 roll of permanent vinyl at Hobby Lobby and a Cricut complements of the local public library...
I used the Sofachrome font and expanded the kerning to get the look & layout & the correct size and fill to the appropriate bounding box for the hood layout; then used Inkscape to convert to SVG so that the cricut could do its thing.
If that makes no sense, then let me rephrase to "I sat at the computer and tinkered quite a bit so that the layout looked good, filled the space allocated, and wasn't hard at all."
And if that's still confusing, everyone else seems to go to @pixeldecals with good/great results (well, except for one guy, but there's always gotta be that one guy, amiright!? ).
- The JL (Zeitgeist) has 35% VLT tint in the doors. That was $30 and self-applied. and there's enough left over to do another 2-Door Wrangler [To the guy earlier who paid $600? WTF?!]
- The JK in the back has 20%VLT tint in the doors. That matches the hardtop tinting quite close - 20%VLT is just a shade darker. It was also $30 and self-applied (and also has enough left over for a 2nd 2-door wrangler job).
- The JL's grill and headlight inserts (aka "mascara and eye liner") were $30.
- The black-out badging ("Jeep") and door keyholes on both the JL and JK are complements of plastidip. One can did all the badging AND the JK's grill inserts. (The JK's original whip antenna is also dipped) $6.
- The JL's side-indicator lights were swapped out for smoked LEDs. $12.
- The JL's fender flare indicator lenses were covered with smoke film. $10.
- The JL's stubby antenna - $15
- The JL's halo LED headlights were $115.
- The JL's halo LED FOG lights were $30.
- The JL also has smoked LED tail lights ~ $65.