Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Hi All!

Just getting back into this Wrangler world after a long time and looking for some ideas to customize it. So far I’ll be doing the following:

Lift Kit
Tires
Winch
Air Compressor

What are you all doing to yours?

Thanks!
Jason
Sponsored

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
Tires and lift should be #1. Nothing else improves the look or capability more than bigger tires and a lift. (Lift may not be needed depending on tire size. I prefer a minimum of 37" tire, thus you likely need a lift, depending on how you use your Jeep).

Don't waste money on tail-light cages or other nonsense. :)

Save all $ for tires and a lift, then you can go from there.

OP
OP
JasonInDLH

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Tires and lift should be #1. Nothing else improves the look or capability more than bigger tires and a lift. (Lift may not be needed depending on tire size. I prefer a minimum of 37" tire, thus you likely need a lift, depending on how you use your Jeep).

Don't waste money on tail-light cages or other nonsense. :)

Save all $ for tires and a lift, then you can go from there.
Totally agree with you. I should have added that I’m looking for more functional items such as the lift and larger tires and not so much for cosmetic things and the such (although I have to admit I’m diggin’ those “angry eyes” and will probably get them).

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
You probably don't need 37's unless you are hitting trails fairly hard. Up to you of course though. But I do agree with tires and lift should be top of the list. Rest is going to be subjective depending what your goals are.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JasonInDLH

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
OP
OP
JasonInDLH

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
You probably don't need 37's unless you are hitting trails fairly hard. Up to you of course though. But I do agree with tires and lift should be top of the list. Rest is going to be subjective depending what your goals are.
Ive been going back and forth on tire size and will probably stick with 35’s as I won’t be hitting the trails too hard at all. At least not yet. ;)

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
Totally agree with you. I should have added that I’m looking for more functional items such as the lift and larger tires and not so much for cosmetic things and the such (although I have to admit I’m diggin’ those “angry eyes” and will probably get them).
I used to love the angry eyes. And then suddenly (seemingly overnight) tons of Jeeps near me (Chicago area) had them. Nothing wrong with them just overly done now in my opinion.

I think lift and tires are the major ones. It's probably one of the higher barriers of entry due to cost so if you can knock those out right away you're golden. I have to do it the most economical way... So once the stock tires wear out I'll put 35s on and then sometime after that I'll upgrade wheels. Cross that bridge when I get to it. Welcome back to Jeep!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
A couple of my favorite things added to my JLUR besides tires, lift, winch, and all the normal stuff are as follows.

Tinted the front door windows and put a strip of tint across the windshield. At first I was not wild about it as I had to get used to it. Now I look through an un-tinted normal windshield and if the sun is glaring or a vehicle with bright lights come towards me, I can just slightly tilt my head up and all the glare is gone.

You can see the strip of tint in this pic.
Jeep Wrangler JL Looking For Ideas For Your Favorite Modifications 1624532588738

I also like the the split fender mod with the American Adventure Labs fender lights.

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking For Ideas For Your Favorite Modifications 1624532885061

Then inside I added a net behind the front seat. It is a trunk organizer from the trunk of a car. I love the dam thing. It is great for traveling. It will hold a ton of stuff. We put jackets, hats, snacks, maps, books, all kinds of stuff in it. It is nice because you can just trow things over your shoulder and it captures it. This way stuff does not end up on the floor and all over the rear of the Jeep. It keeps things within easy reach.

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking For Ideas For Your Favorite Modifications 1624533432020

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Great! Never knew that existed! Looks like I’ll have to wait for the ‘21 version as it only states that it works with ‘18-‘20 model years.
Nothing has changed from '18-'20 to '21. The Web site probably just needs to be updated.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JasonInDLH

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
I used to love the angry eyes. And then suddenly (seemingly overnight) tons of Jeeps near me (Chicago area) had them. Nothing wrong with them just overly done now in my opinion.

I think lift and tires are the major ones. It's probably one of the higher barriers of entry due to cost so if you can knock those out right away you're golden. I have to do it the most economical way... So once the stock tires wear out I'll put 35s on and then sometime after that I'll upgrade wheels. Cross that bridge when I get to it. Welcome back to Jeep!
That’s the way to do it. However, I don’t drive much at all currently, so it would take forever to wear down my stock tires. With that said I’ll have a set of brand new Rubicon tires for sale (if anyone wants to purchase them ;) ) once my Jeep gets delivered in about 6 weeks.

OP
OP
JasonInDLH

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
A couple of my favorite things added to my JLUR besides tires, lift, winch, and all the normal stuff are as follows.

Tinted the front door windows and put a strip of tint across the windshield. At first I was not wild about it as I had to get used to it. Now I look through an un-tinted normal windshield and if the sun is glaring or a vehicle with bright lights come towards me, I can just slightly tilt my head up and all the glare is gone.

You can see the strip of tint in this pic.
Jeep Wrangler JL Looking For Ideas For Your Favorite Modifications 1624533432020

I also like the the split fender mod with the American Adventure Labs fender lights.

Then inside I added a net behind the front seat. It is a trunk organizer from the trunk of a car. I love the dam thing. It is great for traveling. It will hold a ton of stuff. We put jackets, hats, snacks, maps, books, all kinds of stuff in it. It is nice because you can just trow things over your shoulder and it captures it. This way stuff does not end up on the floor and all over the rear of the Jeep. It keeps things within easy reach.

Great ideas and thanks for the photos! Unfortunately, in Duluth, MN, that strip of tint would not sit well with the police (I knew a dump truck driver who tried getting away with it on his rig, but had to take it off shortly after).

I wish I had seen your fender flare setup prior to ordering my Jeep, as I couldn’t find any that I liked, so I opted for the “Body Color Fender Flares” option on my Rubicon order ($695 additional!). 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

Loving your aggressive stance! Could you please tell me what size lift, tires, and wheels (including offset) you have? I just might copy it. ;)

And “JLUR” means the JL Unlimited Rubicon I presume?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I've stuck to the functional end of the spectrum. You'd never guess how much I have spent on my Jeep, because the vast majority of it is hiding behind the scenes.
Jeep Wrangler JL Looking For Ideas For Your Favorite Modifications 20210607_102230

Angry eyes? OK, that's it! Assume the position!
Jeep Wrangler JL Looking For Ideas For Your Favorite Modifications dunce

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Great! Never knew that existed! Looks like I’ll have to wait for the ‘21 version as it only states that it works with ‘18-‘20 model years. But definitely will be adding that, thanks!
Maybe call em and ask if their site just isn't updated? It is curved to fit the contour of the rear glass, and I doubt Jeep re-engineered that in the 21s.
Sponsored