Sponsored

Your favorite mod under $200

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jetta, 2018 Discovery Sport, 2020 Wrangler Sport S (on order)
Midland MTX275 15w GMRS - $150
JKS Disconnects - $160
Rugged Ridge cargo liner - $80
Shadeidea front sunshade - $30
Pair of Kayak lifts (for hard top removal and storage) - $45

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
My favorite mod... and it was FREE!

20190216_144323.jpg

20190216_094512.jpg
How did you get it off? I can’t seem to even get it started. it’s like it’s fused to the plastic.
They are so big and the passengers side is covered as well.
Heat the sticker with a hairdryer. Pick a corner and peel slowly at 180 deg. Keep applying heat. The vinyl material on the visor will pull up somewhat with the sticker. Don't worry, it will reset quickly. (The visor may look like its made from a solid piece of plastic, but there is a vinyl cover on it.)

Sponsored

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
Okay, most are from y'all!
  • Gaia GPS & ONx Off Road
  • 67 Designs rail (shorty)
  • Alien Sunshades (out of business :()
  • Shorty antenna
  • Self made First Aid Kit
  • Extinguisher
  • Extinguisher mount
  • Carolina Ball Join for Grab handle (used for Switch Panel)
  • Paracord Grab handles for read headrests and rear passenger area
  • Trim Removal kit
  • Mini LED clip on lights for interior "map" lights
  • Card wallet for fishing licenses, off road access/park passes
  • Fun stickers and badges
  • Recovery Gear - Rope retention pulley, soft shackles (various), Fast Fid - all Factor 55

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
You can't get much for a JL for a measly $200. Close to $200 is the Z Automotive Tazer. You really can't do any big mods without it.

On a different note, I've discovered that you can pretty much rebuild the motor on a YJ for $200. lol.
That might cover new ARP head bolts.

Sponsored

mazer

First Name
Mazer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2Dr
$4 for name badging. Yep...$4.

A $4 roll of permanent vinyl at Hobby Lobby and a Cricut complements of the local public library...

Jeep Wrangler JL Your favorite mod under $200 ziety-small

I used the Sofachrome font and expanded the kerning to get the look & layout & the correct size and fill to the appropriate bounding box for the hood layout; then used Inkscape to convert to SVG so that the cricut could do its thing.

If that makes no sense, then let me rephrase to "I sat at the computer and tinkered quite a bit so that the layout looked good, filled the space allocated, and wasn't hard at all."

And if that's still confusing, everyone else seems to go to @pixeldecals with good/great results (well, except for one guy, but there's always gotta be that one guy, amiright!? ).

Edit:
Also shown:
  • The JL (Zeitgeist) has 35% VLT tint in the doors. That was $30 and self-applied. and there's enough left over to do another 2-Door Wrangler [To the guy earlier who paid $600? WTF?!]
  • The JK in the back has 20%VLT tint in the doors. That matches the hardtop tinting quite close - 20%VLT is just a shade darker. It was also $30 and self-applied (and also has enough left over for a 2nd 2-door wrangler job).
  • The JL's grill and headlight inserts (aka "mascara and eye liner") were $30.
  • The black-out badging ("Jeep") and door keyholes on both the JL and JK are complements of plastidip. One can did all the badging AND the JK's grill inserts. (The JK's original whip antenna is also dipped) $6.
  • The JL's side-indicator lights were swapped out for smoked LEDs. $12.
  • The JL's fender flare indicator lenses were covered with smoke film. $10.
  • The JL's stubby antenna - $15
  • The JL's halo LED headlights were $115.
  • The JL's halo LED FOG lights were $30.
  • The JL also has smoked LED tail lights ~ $65.

Last edited:

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
DAMN! $600, and I thought $350 quote was bad in NorCal.
I had the top their UV reflecting tint installed, it’s typically double the price of standard tint.

Jaeth

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.doublerrealtygroup.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Realtor
$4 for name badging. Yep...$4.

A $4 roll of permanent vinyl at Hobby Lobby and a Cricut complements of the local public library...

Jeep Wrangler JL Your favorite mod under $200 7D48E3EC-DB1E-45BC-B0DE-07D7E034A194

I used the Sofachrome font and expanded the kerning to get the look & layout & the correct size and fill to the appropriate bounding box for the hood layout; then used Inkscape to convert to SVG so that the cricut could do its thing.

If that makes no sense, then let me rephrase to "I sat at the computer and tinkered quite a bit so that the layout looked good, filled the space allocated, and wasn't hard at all."

And if that's still confusing, everyone else seems to go to @pixeldecals with good/great results (well, except for one guy, but there's always gotta be that one guy, amiright!? ).

Edit:
Also shown:
  • The JL (Zeitgeist) has 35% VLT tint in the doors. That was $30 and self-applied. and there's enough left over to do another 2-Door Wrangler [To the guy earlier who paid $600? WTF?!]
  • The JK in the back has 20%VLT tint in the doors. That matches the hardtop tinting quite close - 20%VLT is just a shade darker. It was also $30 and self-applied (and also has enough left over for a 2nd 2-door wrangler job).
  • The JL's grill and headlight inserts (aka "mascara and eye liner") were $30.
  • The black-out badging ("Jeep") and door keyholes on both the JL and JK are complements of plastidip. One can did all the badging AND the JK's grill inserts. (The JK's original whip antenna is also dipped) $6.
  • The JL's side-indicator lights were swapped out for smoked LEDs. $12.
  • The JL's fender flare indicator lenses were covered with smoke film. $10.
  • The JL's stubby antenna - $15
  • The JL's halo LED headlights were $115.
  • The JL's halo LED FOG lights were $30.
  • The JL also has smoked LED tail lights ~ $65.
Do you have a build thread? My initial search says no.

Have a bright white JLUR order I'm hoping is in next week and you've done several things the way I'd like to. DIY and cheap!
Sponsored