Info Sec

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
For sheer utility, the $100.00 Auto Stop Eliminator harness wins.

For overall peace of mind, the $145.00 Tuffy Security locking center console safe kit ranks alongside the aforementioned harness as money I'd spend again, if necessary and without hesitation.

----------------

For a bit of fun, what's the single accessory that, irrespective of price, you wouldn't purchase again?

For me, it'd be a set of plastic frame hole plugs. They were too small for a proper fit, and an insufficient quantity were provided. The ad copy was pretty misleading. A wholesale waste of $12.00. Perhaps I'm fortunate that this was the only disappointing purchase I've made for my Wrangler.

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Appearance wise is the hinge covers to add contrast and break up the wall of solid color. $30 on Amazon and a $6 can of plasti dip from Walmart.
PXL_20210313_154828935.MP.jpg
I second the hinge covers. Have them on my HellaYella as well. My others are the 13" antenna, seat rail flashlight holder, and hood protector/bug deflector.

Volstock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Info Sec
I second the hinge covers. Have them on my HellaYella as well. My others are the 13" antenna, seat rail flashlight holder, and hood protector/bug deflector.
My first mod was the 13" antenna. I need to look into a bug deflector and a flashlight holder. Adding them to my future upgrade spreadsheet now. :)

Sponsored

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase
...less than a $1 (I already had the 2-sided tape)

Jeep cap.PNG

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
What exactly are we looking at...?
A plastic cable retention hook, cut down and taped to the interior of the fuel door. It gives the owner a place to hang the gas cap so it doesn't make contact with the body paint when refueling.

Sponsored

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase
A plastic cable retention hook, cut down and taped to the interior of the fuel door. It gives the owner a place to hang the gas cap so it doesn't make contact with the body paint when refueling.
Couldn't have said it better myself :)

bgrex

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Altitude - Sting Gray
How did you tape into reverse and allow aux4 use? I have a Motobilt rear bumper with rigid cubes going in. My plan was to just use them for reverse when needed, but did not know I could also tap into reverse. I figured it was either or. I am actually replacing my tail lights with some LEDs from Motobilt, but not sure how those will fair in brightness.
Used this diode (Roadmaster 790 Hy-power). Tapped the reverse wire from the rear trailer harness (if you don’t have the tow package you’ll have to tap the rev wire behind one of the tail lights) and ran that as diode input 1, Aux4 factory wire in the engine bay is diode input 2, then ran the output wire to the lights. I installed the diode and connections under the hood next to the battery, and ran the loomed wires to/from the rear through the passenger-side frame rail (leave some slack/extra wire to accommodate any future lifts/mods just in case). The diode ensures no backfeed, so the factory rev lights do not come on when using Aux4. The extra light in back is well worth the work - prob about 2 or 3 hrs to complete. Good luck!

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
Rokbloks extra large quick-release mud flaps and the Brawlee LED liftgate lightbar. A little over $200.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500