2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I did:
  1. Mopar steel bumper ($900) and skid plate
  2. Quadratec Stealth-10 winch ($600) mounted on a Mopar winch plate
  3. Mopar 2-inch lift ($2,000, installed) and a Yeti adjustable track bar
  4. 35-inch General ATs on Quadratec CJ Retro alloy wheels, with custom-made vintage Jeep center caps ($40), tailgate reinforcement from Amazon ($110) and Smittybilt spare relocation bracket ($80)
  5. Old school Anzo 7-inch round halogen off-road lights ($190) mounted on Maximus-3 auxiliary lights bracket ($65)

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking For Ideas For Your Favorite Modifications 1624559760181

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking For Ideas For Your Favorite Modifications 1624560813133

Jeep Wrangler JL Looking For Ideas For Your Favorite Modifications 1624559829433
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
If you go anywhere off the beaten path, an air compressor and quality tire plug kit, A quality first aid kit, and a fire extinguisher are mandatory in my opinion. Back in February we came across a Tacoma with a shredded tire laying behind it and a flat spare on the drivers rear. People were gone with a note they were walking to the highway for help…20 miles away. Fortunately we caught them about 2 miles down the trail, went back, plugged the tire and aired it up, and followed them down to the highway. Not saying we saved their lives, but an 18 mile walk in the winter at 2 pm would have at the very least led to the worst night of their lives. A compressor and tire plugs are just cheap insurance.

OP
OP
JasonInDLH

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Damn college kids wrecked it ;)

You must look up the Gilbert OHV park. Even in a dead stock JLUR you will be fine in a LOT of the park.

Here's a link to the official info:
https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ohv/gilbert/index.html
I’ve always wanted to check this place out. Hopefully I can sometime this year! Know of any other good wheeling areas in MN?

Other than that I’ll probably just go down some power lines and in some muddy gravel pits. Sadly, one of the pits I used to frequent in the 90’s has been dug out and is now quite the lake with houses and a camping site around it.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
I’ve always wanted to check this place out. Hopefully I can sometime this year! Know of any other good wheeling areas in MN?

Other than that I’ll probably just go down some power lines and in some muddy gravel pits. Sadly, one of the pits I used to frequent in the 90’s has been dug out and is now quite the lake with houses and a camping site around it.
For public, there's Spider Lake, and then farther from you is Appleton. You can have fun at both and won't have any issues in a stock rubi. Past that you need to know people in a club or drive farther.

Pleas stay off the places we aren't supposed to go...we've had such a hard time keeping places open and getting more.

OP
OP
JasonInDLH

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
For public, there's Spider Lake, and then farther from you is Appleton. You can have fun at both and won't have any issues in a stock rubi. Past that you need to know people in a club or drive farther.

Pleas stay off the places we aren't supposed to go...we've had such a hard time keeping places open and getting more.
Thanks! Hopefully one day I’ll be able to visit one of these places!
Sponsored