First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
I have an 18 JLUR with a mopar 3.5 lift and 37's on stock rims w/ spacers. I had it recalibrated and I get about 15- 15.5 average. Nearly all of my driving is around town... now I don't drive with too heavy of a foot, so that could be part of it. I am also running 87 octane with ethanol for comparison.
Sponsored

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Funny you should mention that. Some years ago, I walked away from convertibles because I decided motorcycles were more fun. More to the point, the budget at the time required that I choose one or the other.

I still have two 'cycles in the garage, but decided to revisit soft tops, via my JLU, just for old time's sake. Being able to choose one or the other now is the best of both worlds. :like:

And give me 5 minutes with a spreadsheet, and I'll diplomatically shoot down any hope of saving money by owning a motorcycle... ;)
My 4 motorcycles in the garage say this is a lie! 😂 All I need is another few hundred thousand miles and I am way ahead. Well, not way...but...some.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Your mpg seems really low. You have Select Trac correct? What position are you running your transfer case in? If you have it in Part Time 4WD, this could suck some mileage I think.
Yes, it has Selec-Trac, but I have been driving in 2WD...for obvious reasons.

58Willys

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Yes, it has Selec-Trac, but I have been driving in 2WD...for obvious reasons.
OK, well a thought.
B-ham is pretty hilly in places. My kid lives there and I usually get about 25 mpg going up there from south of Seattle on I-5. Around town I get low 20’s; totally stock 2018 Sport, 3.6 and a 6 speed manual.
Sponsored