Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

After taking Jeepeto III to Hot Springs OHV Park for a shakedown run this weekend, I've found a minor issue with the bump stop extension tube interfering with the front springs. This results in a terrible noise when flexing. Is anyone aware of a solution to this problem? Maybe the 392 guys have seen this and figured it out by now?

I've got the @Metalcloak Game Changer 3.5" lift

Jeep Wrangler JL Xtreme Recon Lift Issues JA707990.JPG
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
After taking Jeepeto III to Hot Springs OHV Park for a shakedown run this weekend, I've found a minor issue with the bump stop extension tube interfering with the front springs. This results in a terrible noise when flexing. Is anyone aware of a solution to this problem? Maybe the 392 guys have seen this and figured it out by now?

JA707990.JPG
That’s likely a pinion angle issue, need pics of pinion angle, what your caster is set at, what lift, and what’s included as far as all control arms, just uppers or just lowers, and a pic from the side to see the wheel in wheel well.

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

That’s likely a pinion angle issue, need pics of pinion angle, what your caster is set at, and a pic from the side to see the wheel in wheel well.
Ugh... I took it to Dallas Off Road, and after realizing they were doing a tape measure alignment I lost a lot of faith in the accuracy of what was done. I have no print out of where I sit. The first time I got it back it was way off, pulling driver, not centered on the steering wheel, and I asked about the pinion angle as well as it seems to be less than perfect. (low in the rear) I was told "you got the aftermarket drive shaft, it should be fine" but I'm a bit annoyed. The second time it seemed like it was very much trial and error to get it "drivable". Not what I was expecting when I paid for a "professional" alignment. You're probably dead on with your assessment, it's likely due to the axle being rolled back. Thanks!

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Ugh... I took it to Dallas Off Road, and after realizing they were doing a tape measure alignment I lost a lot of faith in the accuracy of what was done. I have no print out of where I sit. The first time I got it back it was way off, pulling driver, not centered on the steering wheel, and I asked about the pinion angle as well as it seems to be less than perfect. (low in the rear) I was told "you got the aftermarket drive shaft, it should be fine" but I'm a bit annoyed. The second time it seemed like it was very much trial and error to get it "drivable". Not what I was expecting when I paid for a "professional" alignment. You're probably dead on with your assessment, it's likely due to the axle being rolled back. Thanks!
No worries, if you can get a cheap angle finder and put it on the diff and your rig on level ground we can determine where you sit.
Jeep Wrangler JL Xtreme Recon Lift Issues 9CC3C118-E3DF-4D64-A461-CD04487DB1DA

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry for the recommendation bud. Haven’t heard any complaints on them in past. They are off my list going forward. Again sorry

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Sorry for the recommendation bud. Haven’t heard any complaints on them in past. They are off my list going forward. Again sorry
Nah man, it’s not your fault. And I’m not putting them on blast. To be honest they are really nice dudes. I feel comfortable with their work, but they’re just not setup to do alignments. It’s felt like guess work throughout the process. I’m annoyed because I don’t like other people touching my rig. But it’s a necessary evil sometimes. I should have just learned how to do a tape alignment myself. It would have cost me less time.

wesjtx

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Xtreme Recon

Take it over to Adam at Tribe16, have him look it over and measure things for you and see what his thoughts are. When I worked at a high end offroad shop here in Houston we did tape measure alignments on JK's and JL's as well as thats all that is needed if you do it properly. Adam at Tribe is worth a visit to discuss and see what he may think after seeing it in person.

Wes

ekim

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ
After taking Jeepeto III to Hot Springs OHV Park for a shakedown run this weekend, I've found a minor issue with the bump stop extension tube interfering with the front springs.
My experience is with a TJ - but - might it be possible to remove the bump stop extension from the top and place a spacer on the axle side?

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
Without a full picture of the spring, my guess is track bar. Is the axle centered ? How is the passenger side spring?

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Assuming that is at full droop? Both sides doing it? Droop isn't straight down, its moving along a slight curve towards the rear. With your MC lift you have tons of droop. This plus the extended bump drop Jeep put in and whatever your caster is.
So is this the 2.5" or 3.5" MC? Also, still running 35's or 37'? Need you need to add 1 or 2 of the MC bump pucks or is that the extended Jeep bump enough?

Sponsored

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Are the springs bowed when sitting level? Try the metalcloak lower isolators. They are slightly angled to combat spring bow. I think they are $25. I used them when I put mine in as a preventative and my bumps are perfectly centered.

Should have Hollard at one of the mid south Jeep people who were at the park Saturday. Most of them love the opportunity to go under someone’s Jeep to try to solve issues. If I’d have known I’d have looked. Good luck.

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Update:

Called Dallas off road and took them the rig for the third time. We’ve moved the axle further forward to combat the problem. It looks fine on the RTI ramp, I dont know if that translates to droop, but we will see. In their defense, they’ve been very cool about it the whole time. And they haven’t charged me anything since the initial alignment. I’m fairly annoyed that I’ve wasted 14-15 hours of my time and 6 hours of my wife’s time for an alignment. But if this is the final adjustment then I’ll be happy. Fingers crossed 🤞

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
It looks like this would have been an issue with the normal length bumpstops, correct?

Vrrooom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Update:

Called Dallas off road and took them the rig for the third time. We’ve moved the axle further forward to combat the problem. It looks fine on the RTI ramp, I dont know if that translates to droop, but we will see. In their defense, they’ve been very cool about it the whole time. And they haven’t charged me anything since the initial alignment. I’m fairly annoyed that I’ve wasted 14-15 hours of my time and 6 hours of my wife’s time for an alignment. But if this is the final adjustment then I’ll be happy. Fingers crossed 🤞
Do what @falcon241073 said. The isolators are slightly angled and will correct this.
Sponsored