Sponsored

WTF Jeep?

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I disagree. If I'm there, it works, game on.
What happened to the sanctity of another person's personal property rights?

There is no theft, here.

It is a free charging station that was labeled "out of order". Consumers are well within their rights to check if something so labeled has been "fixed" and returned to function.

The OP did that, found out that it was NOT "out of order", so the "out of order" label was wrong and misleading. The OP then proceeded to use the FREE service as intended.

And good for the OP.

The analogy here is that there is a free to all soap dispenser in a bathroom labeled out of order. You try it anyway and soap comes out. Is that theft in your book?
I agree that this doesn't rise to the level of theft -- but you are in no way entitled even to someone else's soap in a dispenser in someone else's bathroom if they no longer want you to have it, and it is NOT incumbent upon them to remove it. This is exactly identical to you are not entitled to walk onto someone else's property where there's posted "no trespassing".
Sponsored

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
What happened to the sanctity of another person's personal property rights?

I agree that this doesn't rise to the level of theft -- but you are in no way entitled even to someone else's soap in a dispenser in someone else's bathroom if they no longer want you to have it, and it is NOT incumbent upon them to remove it. This is exactly identical to you are not entitled to walk onto someone else's property where there's posted "no trespassing".
We are talking public use. I'm not saying break into someone's house and connect to their EV charger. Same as I wouldn't barge in someone's house to use their bathroom. A public restroom on the other hand, yeah if I need to use it, and it works, I'm going to use it.

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
We are talking public use. I'm not saying break into someone's house and connect to their EV charger. Same as I wouldn't barge in someone's house to use their bathroom. A public restroom on the other hand, yeah if I need to use it, and it works, I'm going to use it.
That ”public” restroom is still some other entity’s property. In the case of this EVSE, that entity is Jeep/FCA/Stellantis; in the case of a “public” bathroom that entity is the gas station or restaurant or whatever. Corporate entities have property rights as well, and in fact can, say, post ”no trespassing” signs on their property.

Anyway, this has really reached the level of https://xkcd.com/386/ and I need to get back to work (my ordered Jeep ain’t gonna pay for itself, if it ever arrives with gorilla glass).

Sponsored

Flieger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon
Jeep or no jeep, it's probably just one of those militant anti-ev folks going around screwing with ev chargers.
I've seen this happen. We owned two EV's before our 4xE and saw this from time to time.

Anti-EV drivers liked to park their ICE cars in the EV spots too. Until the local laws caught up with technology and made hefty parking fines for doing that.

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick

Sponsored

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
The interesting part of trying to get rid of the original decayed biological matter is just how many things we use oil for. Wind turbine blades and towers, clothes, vaccines, electric vehicles, and on and on. So while the way we use oil and gas may change it is not going away.

The only solution I see Marty, don't be such a square. Everybody who's anybody drinks.
Yeah, and when they fraction a barrel of oil, what are they going to do with the now "worthless" gasoline?

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I came for the click bait, but stayed for the BTF quotes. Classic movie, good job all.

FWIW, I'm not sure when it became okay to mess with other peoples' stuff just because someone 'didn't tell you not to', but whatever, it happened and the OP seems proud of his actions. I guess an "Atta-boy" is in order. Keep 'er movin
If plugging a Jeep charger into your jeep vehicle is "messing with other people's stuff", I wonder how many people's gas pumps I've messed with in 20+ years of commuting? If they wanted it inoperable, all solar arrays are fused in the combiner box, pop the fuse holders out just like we do when we are installing/ servicing them as solar panels have no off switch.