Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Seems the 30 pk of plugs are not available and Amazon advises they are not sure if they will get them back

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Honestly, I'm fine with them spending their testing budget on the Rubicon a bit more than in Alaska if this is the biggest issue that comes from it.

Life is too short to be bugged deeply by something fixed so easily. Think about this. I'll spend hours and hours installing a lift or some other modification, wind up bruised and bleeding and feeling bad for cursing a few times, but when done, I'm thrilled with the Jeep and think nothing of it. Then along comes a problem that takes 6 bucks and one minute to modify and fix but I'll complain to no end and feel like it is a criminal act and an injustice. That really doesn't make much sense, does it?

And I know, I know, on a $50k Jeep, this SHOULD be right. I get it. But I've spent a total of about $100k on 3 Wranglers, not counting thousands more on mods. They all had the same issue. This one is by far the easiest to fix. I never did fix the other two. It just really hasn't raised my heart rate even 1 beat per minute. Not worth it.
Your example is apples and oranges. Proper functioning HVAC from the factory should be a given. And it is remarkably bad in my opinion.

From the defroster lack of full windshield coverage to the auto controlled temp totally inconsistent and allowing hot and cold air blasts into the cabin season dependent is ridiculous.

Adding an aftermarket lift has nothing to do with basic functionality from the factory.

OP
OP
1JeepDad

1JeepDad

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Sarge Green

5foot19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Mine showed up today, looking forward to the next dump of snow to see how things change, because they cant be much worse.

Sponsored

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
That is good question. Mine seems OK but it's not like we get arctic blizzards in Virginia. I put an aftermarket remote start in and just remember to set everything before I get out so it is blasting when I let it warm up.
'20 rubi: we're in the middle of snopocalypse '21 in the seattle area (currently about 25 degrees with 10-20 MPH winds & snowing for the past 17 hours straight)...defroster seems to be working "mostly" ok, but the far end of my passenger side wiper keeps freezing..I believe it's time to try this trick.

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
'20 rubi: we're in the middle of snopocalypse '21 in the seattle area (currently about 25 degrees with 10-20 MPH winds & snowing for the past 17 hours straight)...defroster seems to be working "mostly" ok, but the far end of my passenger side wiper keeps freezing..I believe it's time to try this trick.
Hmmmm. Not really sure I would need windshield wipers or a defroster in a "snopocolypse" where it is in the 20s with wind whipping the snow that has been coming down for 17 hours straight.😎

I think the better solution is to stay off the roads and let the crews do their work. :idea:

5foot19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hmmmm. Not really sure I would need windshield wipers or a defroster in a "snopocolypse" where it is in the 20s with wind whipping the snow that has been coming down for 17 hours straight.😎

I think the better solution is to stay off the roads and let the crews do their work. :idea:
lol, I dont have enough vacation and sick days to stay home when it snows.... 1 foot of snow fell (and it is still snowing? Thats nice, work still expects me to go to work..

Its a far change from when I lived in Norfolk in 1995-1997, when "snowpocalipse" (about 2 inches of snow fell)on a friday, and that friday night they cancelled school for the entire following week. Which is particularly hiularious since the snow had all melted by the sunday. I remember driving to work on saturday and how shocked my boss was that I went to work since she had been "snowed" in. I wasnt even driving a jeep back then I just had actual winter tires, making the 2 inches of snow no concern.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Your example is apples and oranges. Proper functioning HVAC from the factory should be a given. And it is remarkably bad in my opinion.

From the defroster lack of full windshield coverage to the auto controlled temp totally inconsistent and allowing hot and cold air blasts into the cabin season dependent is ridiculous.

Adding an aftermarket lift has nothing to do with basic functionality from the factory.
I'm sorry you aren't happy with it.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Years ago, when I was a car line engineer, we had a clever defrost duct system that oscillated the air from side to side with no moving parts. It seems like a good idea for the Jeep.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Years ago, when I was a car line engineer, we had a clever defrost duct system that oscillated the air from side to side with no moving parts. It seems like a good idea for the Jeep.

Now that is just cool!

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
Seems the 30 pk of plugs are not available and Amazon advises they are not sure if they will get them back
I got lucky mine are coming in tomorrow after reading the post! Maybe for those of us that got the 30 pack we can pay it forward and send the excess to others here. I am guessing a 30 pack will be enough for 3 fixes. Ill find out, its -21 here today and wont be above freezing until next weekend, so plenty of time to figure it out

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
I woke up to some BS weather in TX today...
Jeep Wrangler JL Windshield Defroster Fix 20210214_102402

Jeep Wrangler JL Windshield Defroster Fix 20210214_102411

I figured it was s good time to test out @1JeepDad 's idea. I fired up Stomper, and checked airflow with my hand. There was full flow in the center...
Jeep Wrangler JL Windshield Defroster Fix 20210214_103341

and zero air flowing on driver and passenger sides.
Jeep Wrangler JL Windshield Defroster Fix 20210214_103353

I stuffed a flannel shirt over the center and confirmed the air instantly diverted to the sides. No internal blockage, no fake vents, just poor coverage of the windshield.

I had come prepared.
Jeep Wrangler JL Windshield Defroster Fix 20210214_102640

After a QUICK install (no thanks to old hands and the @Vector Offroad mount that I LOVE), 50-ish% of the air now flows to the sides.
Jeep Wrangler JL Windshield Defroster Fix 20210214_104302

So THANKS @1JeepDad for a practical and highly effective tip! 👊🏼
Sponsored