Sponsored

Under-hood mount for single ARB compressor?

dspilman

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2-Door 3.6L Manual, 1997 TJ Sport 2-Door 4.0L Manual;
Occupation
Architect
Most people are going with the dual compressor, but for those of us that are doing the single ARB compressor - where have you located it? I'm trying to put it under the hood but I have not found any mounts for the single ARB under the hood.

I do not want to do it in the wheel well - its not very accessible there and I don't like its proximity to catalytic converter and potential for dust and dirt.

Has anyone tried the JK mounts that are available? Can they be modded to work on the JL?
Sponsored

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I am currently trying to decide if I should get the single or dual but like you location is key, I am leaning towards in the cab somewhat out of sight but not in the storage bin lol. So, hurry up so I can steal your ideas....

normaleagle05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Here's the best I think I've seen for a single. I like a dual but this is tempting. And Jeep included the mount in the purchase price!

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I have my single ARB pump mounted to the fire wall on the drivers side. I ran an air outlet to the front bumper. I have found that if I pump up six 37in tires from 8 psi to 28 psi, the pump will overheat..... if I leave the hood closed and engine running. The solution is easy, get my bum friends to get their own air compressor so that I am only airing up my tires, or open the hood.

I remote located the air intake for the pump to the top corner of the hood to get it away from the mud and dust. It has work great here. It is out of the way and it is quieter than mounting it inside of the Jeep. My wife will often chill in the air conditioning while I am airing up. If the compressor was inside of the Jeep, she would most likely not sit in the air. I like my girl happy and comfy.

It was a super easy install and with the remote air outlet, super easy to use.

Under the brake booster.
Jeep Wrangler JL Under-hood mount for single ARB compressor? 1598528901625

remote air outlet on the front bumper
Jeep Wrangler JL Under-hood mount for single ARB compressor? 1598528942046

Jeep Wrangler JL Under-hood mount for single ARB compressor? 1598528965281

the relocation of the air intake under the hood.
Jeep Wrangler JL Under-hood mount for single ARB compressor? 1598529000203

A pretty easy install, I did my JLUR and a friends JLUR in the same afternoon while caaually hanging out with my friend. I hooked it up to Aux 1 button. Running the wiring was very simple and easy to hide.

Sponsored

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up installing the compressor in the rear cargo area using the M.O.R.E. bracket. I also ordered a long power cable and ran a separate line to the switch's, I like this setup and ease of use.

IMG_6321.jpeg

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Also, my pump no longer over heats, I vented the hood.

mjwilson12379

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Where do you get the mount? Mention it's free, but want to make sure I didn't miss part of the video. Is it the engine cover bracket being reused? Sorry, feeling pretty stupid right now.

Here's the best I think I've seen for a single. I like a dual but this is tempting. And Jeep included the mount in the purchase price!

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392