The 2Dr Sport Only Thread

SpeedKills

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2-Door, 2008 Rubicon 2-Door,2014 Ram 1500, 2013 CRF250L
2019 Sport S budget build--mostly cosmetic and minor protective items.

So far we've added Rubicon take-off wheels and tires, Barricade Cruiser HD lightweight front bumper, Smittybilt X2O 12k winch with synthetic line, Aries black rocker steps, both hard and soft tops for winter/summer use, Rough Country seat covers, Rugged Ridge entry guards, Kiwi 9" LED headlights, Kiwi floor mats, etc. I have a Rubicon suspension in a bin I have yet to install. Sorry for the photo--my JK is in the way.

20200126_195906.jpg

Sponsored

Leisure Freak

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door Sport, 1981 Toyota SR5 Convertible PU, 2002 Chevy Tracker, 2015 Impala, 90 Civic,
I bought my first ever Jeep 3 weeks ago to finally fulfill a bucket list wish. It's a 2019 Sport. Base model with Hardtop, AC, and Auto as the only options with the 6 cyl. I had it 2 days before ordering and then installing the Bestop Sunrider for hardtop. Other than that I haven't done anything else to it. I went from a Corvette to this and have to say I've been having a blast. I don't miss seeing the Vette just sitting in the garage most of the winter. I want to thank everyone on this JL forum. I spent many hours over several months pouring over the many threads before deciding to join Jeep life. I love all the great mod ideas shared here that I'm sure will be in my near future.

My 2019 JL 2door.JPG

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I bought my first ever Jeep 3 weeks ago to finally fulfill a bucket list wish. It's a 2019 Sport. Base model with Hardtop, AC, and Auto as the only options with the 6 cyl. I had it 2 days before ordering and then installing the Bestop Sunrider for hardtop. Other than that I haven't done anything else to it. I went from a Corvette to this and have to say I've been having a blast. I don't miss seeing the Vette just sitting in the garage most of the winter. I want to thank everyone on this JL forum. I spent many hours over several months pouring over the many threads before deciding to join Jeep life. I love all the great mod ideas shared here that I'm sure will be in my near future.

My 2019 JL 2door.JPG
Welcome to the family:like:

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque

My 2019 JL 2door.JPG
Welcome and enjoy making it your own! I had a C5 corvette a few years back, fun car but no comparison to the fun you can enjoy with your jeep. Also good job on getting a 2 door :like:

Trill

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL
Hey folks, I did some suspension work on my 2 door sport, I have some measurements for you if you want to go off of that to do your own thing, or just use the same shocks I did and have it be guaranteed to work. Basically I want to keep this jeep mild, using mainly OEM parts. It def needs more reach though so I wanted to find out what I could do as far as max shock length. I also test fit rubi take-off tires every which way to see if there was any trimming required.

Front maximum compressed length, 16.25"

Jeep Wrangler JL The 2Dr Sport Only Thread 4k3U6hE

Front maximum extended length, 26.25" (before spring loses all pre-load)

Jeep Wrangler JL The 2Dr Sport Only Thread qMlPbFk

Front track bar at full bump, zero room for any kind of raised bracket and high steer. Also have to be careful with aftermarket track bars, it's very close.

Jeep Wrangler JL The 2Dr Sport Only Thread rzsoHOR

Rear maximum compressed length, 17"

Jeep Wrangler JL The 2Dr Sport Only Thread yBHtAeZ

Rear maximum extended length, 27.75" (before spring loses all pre-load)

Jeep Wrangler JL The 2Dr Sport Only Thread 4U5rBfh

Stock rear sway bar links are still good at 27.75"

Jeep Wrangler JL The 2Dr Sport Only Thread WqXuKMQ

Rear track bar bracket is right up against the tub at full bump. No room for a raised bracket.

Jeep Wrangler JL The 2Dr Sport Only Thread oBBKTZ7

Rear sway bar is close to the frame at full bump. No room for longer links, not that you will need them anyway.

Jeep Wrangler JL The 2Dr Sport Only Thread xz4BCOY

TL;DR front shocks should be 16.25" short and 26.25" long. Rear shocks should be 17" short and 27.75" long. I ordered Fox shocks, part numbers 985-24-171 and 985-24-172. They were pretty close to those measurements.

edited to clean up broken links

Last edited:

Trill

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL
New front shocks vs. stock

Jeep Wrangler JL The 2Dr Sport Only Thread PFtJJml

Front shocks full bump, perfect

Jeep Wrangler JL The 2Dr Sport Only Thread QMwsWvb

New rear shocks vs. stock

Jeep Wrangler JL The 2Dr Sport Only Thread yM5DRgT

Rear shocks full bump, almost perfect

Jeep Wrangler JL The 2Dr Sport Only Thread gFMzkW7

No rear sway bar interference with shock

Jeep Wrangler JL The 2Dr Sport Only Thread MFDLSbT

edited to clean up broken links

Last edited:

Trill

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL
Tested the shocks out for a bit, very happy with the results. A lot more reach, jeep stays flat and floats over holes where before it would teeter on 2 wheels and lose traction.

weCReCb.jpg

Basically this kind of stuff

JU5MooU.jpg

Really smooth and easy

And not really shock related but I had a hell of a battle with these rocks. Finally gottem. Had to bump up them since crawling didn't work. Don't watch if you don't like scraping sounds.

vxEA05A.jpg

Sponsored