Sponsored

The 2Dr Sport Only Thread

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Here's my 2018. I bought it during construction of a new house I'm building. So I haven't had time to play with it. But I just picked up a Rubi take-off suspension and Sahara wheels. Now if I can just finish the house, so that I can get back to what's important.

E10F45B8-EC47-4BAA-A084-88E5983C48EE.jpeg
Did you add that “4x4 Off-road” sticker on the rear size?
Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
My 2 door Sport is excellent stock, it's the first Sport I didn't have to upgrade the tires ,wheels ,as the LSD option gave me 32" Bridgestone tires. . Remember when stock Sports had 29" tires, 16" wheels ?? The stock 3:45 axle ratio is a big improvement over the JKs 3:21, I had to order the 3:73 on my JK, an extra jolt to the wallet. The only things I've added, hitches front and rear, Mopar side steps ( saving for ROAM), mud Flaps ( Quadratec). My cargo liner from the JK, Dirty Dog, transferred no problem. No lifts, or big tires in my future; Skid plates likely, and when tires become worn, I'll replace with the same, or 33" Pizza Cutters, narrow is Good.
Best "stock" Wrangler ever...
PS, decals are my add-on, I liked the JK Willys, and made my JL one before the JL one appeared. Already had LSD, so painted grill, added decals, and a budget Willys is born..

IMG_20191119_115749439_resized(1).jpg

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
My 2 door Sport is excellent stock, it's the first Sport I didn't have to upgrade the tires ,wheels ,as the LSD option gave me 32" Bridgestone tires.

IMG_20191119_115749439_resized(1).jpg
Mine didn't come with bridgestones... came with Goodyear AT's (kevlar). And they are technically 31.5 not 32. Sweet tires tho.

1cNwTNd.jpg

WQnv1na.jpg

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
3 months under ownership, no loft kits, no bigger tires, no mods what so ever (just some rugged ridge door entry guards and floor mats) and having a blast with my stock 2 door. Honestly don’t see myself getting a lift or even bigger tires. Only thing I’m looking at getting right away is a winch on the front, although not sure how much weight I can put before I start seeing a sag upfront.

382B151A-644F-4ACA-BC06-7683B8805F46.jpeg
Just get some rubi takeoffs, from a rubi that had metal bumpers and get either a light metal bumper or one of those winch plates to be able to install it on your plastic bumper. Then you don't have to worry about sag.

Reykoning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
Just get some rubi takeoffs, from a rubi that had metal bumpers and get either a light metal bumper or one of those winch plates to be able to install it on your plastic bumper. Then you don't have to worry about sag.
ok thanks, that’s a good idea. Also looking at getting a roof rack to put a overlander tent on, but I haven’t seen any for the JL 2 door models, and from what I’ve read, the JK models wouldn’t work.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
ok thanks, that’s a good idea. Also looking at getting a roof rack to put a overlander tent on, but I haven’t seen any for the JL 2 door models, and from what I’ve read, the JK models wouldn’t work.
Have you looked into exposed racks, cheap and claim to hold 300lbs dynamic. If you wanna invest some more cash $$$ best rack out there imo is the maximus 3, can hold a lot of weight and it is low profile and light. I like it much better than the Gobi rack.

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase