First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
I love the feeling you get when you clean that tough section of trail and you don't end up walking home.

j9sd6s61xYXskDFwdAq1J6X6erJ_WJQhvhV7eckA9YWK1fwJXMvLGLUArB_9wvW4hD0KJSPRsxsdf-EGw=w1948-h1298-no.jpg
Always a good feeling especially when the terrain doesnā€™t matter... tomorrow morning we will be breaking trail in headlight deep snow!!! Canā€™t wait

chacomaya

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2013 VW Golf R, 2016 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT, 2015 KTM 500EXC
Vehicle Showcase
As I was perusing the forum I began to realize a lot of negativity..What do you hate? Things I hate the most! Most hated mod? The list is endless. This thread is for positive thoughts and ideas. For example, I love the fact that I can hook my snowmobile trailer up to my JL, head up to Mt.Hood and air down my 37ā€™s with beadlocks and thoroughly enjoy this recent dumping of snow. I love the fact I can go places many canā€™t get to and in going to those places I get to meet some awesome like minded people. A positive thread will attract negative trolls so please donā€™t feed them. Merry Christmas to all!!
What a nice idea. It reminds me of that time Louis CK was on Conan talking about how everything is amazing and nobody's happy. If you haven't seen it, Google it. It's a bit off topic, but relevant nonetheless.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TopPinArcher

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Environmental Technician
What a nice idea. It reminds me of that time Louis CK was on Conan talking about how everything is amazing and nobody's happy. If you haven't seen it, Google it. It's a bit off topic, but relevant nonetheless.
Iā€™m just greatful for what I have. I did see that one with Louis CK....itā€™s true

Darter02

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer
Here's my positive vibe contribution. In October my 2004 Wrangler was found to be way too unsafe to drive anymore. With around $4k in estimated repairs that I just didn't have the cash for I resigned myself to being afoot. Honestly, it really didn't bum me out much. I began to take the bike trail that leads from close to my house to right where I work on the nearby Blue Mounds. It's 4.27 miles.

Here's a post that I shared about taking the trail. (Note: I posted that before I realized just how bad of shape my jeep was in.)

Anyway, after weeks of dealing with the situation winter began to arrive, making biking on the trail sort of impossible. I actually considered cross country skiing to work. As a "fitness freak" I figured it'd be part of my routine.

Now for the positive vibes part. In November a number of my contracts paid off (I am a commercial photographer with a few annual contracts.) and we had a monetary windfall out of the blue.

On November 12th I was able to order a 2019 to suit my needs. Nothing fancy. Just what I need. I received it a week ago! I've installed Hothead Headliners, have LOD Destroyer bumpers and rails waiting to be put on, as well as the Diabolical Slipstream ready to be installed once I have clearer instructions. I'll deal with wheels and tires this summer.

It's truly a Christmas miracle. Here's my blue baby just after picking it up!

OP
OP
TopPinArcher

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Environmental Technician
Here's my positive vibe contribution. In October my 2004 Wrangler was found to be way too unsafe to drive anymore. With around $4k in estimated repairs that I just didn't have the cash for I resigned myself to being afoot. Honestly, it really didn't bum me out much. I began to take the bike trail that leads from close to my house to right where I work on the nearby Blue Mounds. It's 4.27 miles.

Here's a post that I shared about taking the trail. (Note: I posted that before I realized just how bad of shape my jeep was in.)

Anyway, after weeks of dealing with the situation winter began to arrive, making biking on the trail sort of impossible. I actually considered cross country skiing to work. As a "fitness freak" I figured it'd be part of my routine.

Now for the positive vibes part. In November a number of my contracts paid off (I am a commercial photographer with a few annual contracts.) and we had a monetary windfall out of the blue.

On November 12th I was able to order a 2019 to suit my needs. Nothing fancy. Just what I need. I received it a week ago! I've installed Hothead Headliners, have LOD Destroyer bumpers and rails waiting to be put on, as well as the Diabolical Slipstream ready to be installed once I have clearer instructions. I'll deal with wheels and tires this summer.

It's truly a Christmas miracle. Here's my blue baby just after picking it up!
Thatā€™s what itā€™s all about!!! Congratulations!!

OP
OP
TopPinArcher

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Environmental Technician
IHw3kV6BpxwUYMBN1zFsPpPxI6shBh89jTMz_BhmENhyA3i-J8iyym1mAqP3JegPI2wToBbySq2V7Gp2A=w1731-h1298-no.jpg
I love it when my tire pressures all match perfectly...
Your mileage is a little sketchy..lol, especially when all four corners equal your mileage

SouthernDawg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
This is my first Jeep. Yes, I've had a warranty issue or two, but nothing huge. This was a vehicle I've wanted for 20 years, and finally pulled the trigger. I absolutely love driving my JLUR. Does it drive whisper quiet, no. Does it get 35 MPG, no. Do I grin ear to ear every time I get in it, yes!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
TopPinArcher

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Environmental Technician
This is my first Jeep. Yes, I've had a warranty issue or two, but nothing huge. This was a vehicle I've wanted for 20 years, and finally pulled the trigger. I absolutely love driving my JLUR. Does it drive whisper quiet, no. Does it get 35 MPG, no. Do I grin ear to ear every time I get in it, yes!!
And how many...ā€nice jeepā€ do you get?

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
This is our first Jeep! So far we absolutely love it. Only one problem, and thatā€™s a leaking rear main seal. Itā€™ll be fixed after the hail damage that we got after owning our Jeep for six weeks. Been to places that a regular 4 wheel drive would not have made it through. Plan on going to many more this winter, and when it starts to warm up again. May is a long time away and by then Iā€™ll for sure be sick of our winter weather.

Merry Christmas everyone!

284FEE02-C741-45F6-8A4B-001A2B28AA37.jpeg

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Great topic!
Can't wait to pick up our ordered JL next month, it's ready and waiting for us in Las Vegas :)
Will be my 3rd Jeep but our old CJ5 (and a previous CJ7) have been out of the stable since 1992.
Cheers to a fantastic 2019 which I'm "positive" will be special!

Poppajeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 JL Sahara/ ā€˜16 Z71 LTZ/ ā€˜96 ZJ Limited
Having owned our JL for almost 7 months and 12,000 miles, our experience has been nothing but positive. No issues, gas mileage is better than anticipated, overall great ownership experience!

Just happy the snow is starting to pile up now, have some back road trails to explore over the holidays.

Merry Christmas

66D6544B-53BD-4CD8-AC16-5B269B690F8F.jpeg
Sponsored