Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
Great topic!
Can't wait to pick up our ordered JL next month, it's ready and waiting for us in Las Vegas :)
Will be my 3rd Jeep but our old CJ5 (and a previous CJ7) have been out of the stable since 1992.
Cheers to a fantastic 2019 which I'm "positive" will be special!
I believe your going to absolutely love it!
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a first-time Jeep owner and I've been missing out. It's the first vehicle I've owned where I can make modifications on my own. I've said it many times here... it's a big-ass (expensive) Lego set. I compare it from when I took it home, to how it looks now 6 months later and it's a satisfying sense of accomplishment.

I like bacon and beer.

OP
OP
TopPinArcher

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
I'm a first-time Jeep owner and I've been missing out. It's the first vehicle I've owned where I can make modifications on my own. I've said it many times here... it's a big-ass (expensive) Lego set. I compare it from when I took it home, to how it looks now 6 months later and it's a satisfying sense of accomplishment.

I like bacon and beer.
I agree, it’s awesome how easy it is to modify and the options are endless. I’ve owned 2 JK’s that I built up and a while ago I had a CJ and TJ. that I built with my boys. The places one can explore and the people you get to meet on the way is priceless!!

OP
OP
TopPinArcher

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
F08CA65C-E693-4854-BF9B-D1968256AE98.png
Woke up to a fresh dusting for a white Christmas, loading up to head back to the mountain for some more snowmobiling/wheeling/sledding

59FDDC9F-76FB-43C8-A837-DFE3DCF44D8A.jpeg

Sponsored

Tj99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999tj
Merry Christmas! There is bad and good to everything; those who wish to only look at the negatives will always have a pessimistic outlook on life. Yes, things break; yes, nothing is perfect but it is what is. I love our Jeep! 2018 Wrangler JLU, it’s our first JL after having a 10 JKU and a 14 JKU. I love everything about this one! After living with a 17 Cherokee for a year, it felt great getting back into a Wrangler! We all know there are strong points to these vehicles and there are weak points. We bought them for their strong points, knowing they had weak points. I’ll take care of what ever comes up when and if it does, but until then, I give you a wave and wish you a Merry Christmas!
Lol..they aren't off road vehicles amymoan with all the electronics and stuff..last real Jeep was pre 2000 the..no ignition rail cap rotor..plugs easy to work on..the new Jeep's are poor man's H2's..lol love to see one in the 3 plus feet of water I ford

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Lol..they aren't off road vehicles amymoan with all the electronics and stuff..last real Jeep was pre 2000 the..no ignition rail cap rotor..plugs easy to work on..the new Jeep's are poor man's H2's..lol love to see one in the 3 plus feet of water I ford
And TJs aren't on leaf springs so they aren't real Jeeps either right? And "amymoan" says put the eggnog down.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
The irony of a Positivity thread on a Wrangler forum reminds me of posting the same notions on a bboard about, say, chocolate, and its so called mood improving properties.

The Wrangler itself, the journeys you take with it, the ability to get away from the negatively that is part of life can almost find the phrase "Wrangler Positivity" a redundant one.:)

The Beatles' John Lennon described life as "that you do when you're busy making other plans."

Clearly, he didn't drive a Wrangler. His definition likely would have included Wrangler driving in addition. ;)

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase

I like bacon and beer.
I too enjoy bacon, beer, and Lego.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
I love my 2019 JL , It’s so unique it’s so awesome and different then basically everything else on the road. It drives great , quality seems awesome the paint is amazing it looks like it’s a custom paint job it’s a mile deep very shiny no orange peal. If feels solid no rattles I’m just so impressed and it exceeded my expectations in just about every way.

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Satire:

I appreciate how, for free, some nice guys came by today to take the wheels off my rig so I can now ride it like a train on railroad tracks.

notires.jpg

Better still, I never have to worry about rotation, replacement, pressure or a spare anymore.

Tire delete: Yes!

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
Satire:

I appreciate how, for free, some nice guys came by today to take the wheels off my rig so I can now ride it like a train on railroad tracks.

notires.jpg

Better still, I never have to worry about rotation, replacement, pressure or a spare anymore.

Tire delete: Yes!
Wow Russ - it makes one really appreciate the bodywork much more than getting distracted by some wheel/tire combo. Plus as a positive surely you'll get better gas mileage with the new forward raked stance. And now you have an excuse to upgrade to larger rotors! Win-win!

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Positivity: it's a matter of perspective I say.

The Wrangler enthusiast doesn't see something broken, so much as he/she sees opportunity to buy additional gear.

Before:

20181224_211846.jpg

After:

blackoutpassengersside.jpg

Jokes aside: I think this is a solution for the driver's side rear window, not the passengers, as otherwise shown here for satire.

Blacking out the passenger's side rear window could have, IMHO, safety/visibility concerns.

P.S. I don't know if JL product is available (yet) on this design.

NathanG

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I love that time period when you have a major mod on order and are awaiting delivery, second guessing your decision, looking around online for pictures, info. The anticipation is delicious.
Sponsored