Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve done several. Piece of cake. I don’t know many people with them up front that have been disappointed unless they were off put by the clicking on the street.
would you be happier with a eaton truetrac differential in the front over a lunch box?
i can get a deal on the eaton, which makes it the same price but ill need carrier bearings etc

I’m undecided, mines a manual sport like yours running 35s with 4.56 gears
Sponsored

Steve Jennings

First Name
Not Now
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.neveragain.com
Vehicle(s)
Red Scooter
Occupation
Trust Funder
would you be happier with a eaton truetrac differential in the front over a lunch box?
i can get a deal on the eaton, which makes it the same price but ill need carrier bearings etc

I just installed an Eaton/Dana Truetrack DET912A585 in my 2020 Sport. It works. No difference untill you actuall need all 4 wheels to drive. I had one in my YJ ( front and rear ) after trying all of the others for 150,000 miles +.

GreySportySpice

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JL Sport 6MT, 21' Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Huh. I didn't know they made truetracks for the new jl axles. I always loved the thought of helical LSD (I've also thrown around regearing when I go to 35s anyway)

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Huh. I didn't know they made truetracks for the new jl axles. I always loved the thought of helical LSD (I've also thrown around regearing when I go to 35s anyway)
just the truetrac for dana 30 fits our sport front axles
Eaton 912A585

damonic

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
He need a bath but I finally got the Old Man Emu lift kit, new 35" Yokohama tires, and re-geared to 4.56. Can't wait to get in the mountains after the 500 mile break-in period...

new tires.jpg

Sponsored

Buzztail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 S 2d

If I didn’t already have the lunchbox I’d probably look at other options, but in truth I’m happy with how they work. Locker up front, LSD out back is a combination I’ve been happy with running around Florida. If I were going out west it may be different but I’ve never been out that way so I dunno.

Since you’re running an M6 with 4.56’s and 35’s I’m torn between 35’s with 4.56’s or 4.88’s
I do a good bit of highway and would not like to kill the fuel range- don’t really care about MPG except for how it affects the range. At ~250mi range I’m sometimes looking for fuel 3x in a day. I’d rather not add a fourth stop if I can avoid it.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Tested the shocks out for a bit, very happy with the results. A lot more reach, jeep stays flat and floats over holes where before it would teeter on 2 wheels and lose traction.

Jeep Wrangler JL The 2Dr Sport Only Thread new tires

Basically this kind of stuff

Had to repost this link, great to see a Sport S 2dr. w/ only Fox shocks and driver motivation not giving up and getting over this!
Needless to say these shocks are my next on the to-do list!

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Had to repost this link, great to see a Sport S 2dr. w/ only Fox shocks and driver motivation not giving up and getting over this!
Needless to say these shocks are my next on the to-do list!
Yeap same here. I am getting fox shocks. Gonna have to be next year. I am installing a front locker this week and that'll finish my Jeep's budget for the year.
Sponsored