Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
So it's been over a year since I started this post and things didn't go as planned. I had some health issues so my other hobbies got cut back so I put resources into the Jeep instead. Was originally going to keep it low just leave it with Rubicon takeoff tire and lift but was having clearance issues where I wheel so I needed some more height. The failing rear D44 limited slip also prompted an upgrade to Rubicon axles rather that fighting with a dealer.

Rubicon take off wheels / tires / axles
DIY winch bumper / winch / etc.
EAG rock rails with DIY removable steps
RK 2.5" X Factor lift / Fox shocks (ended up being 3.5")
Synergy track bar and drag link
M.O.R.E engine and transfer case skids
JKS swaybar disconnects
DIY switch panel for lockers and front light bar
Trailer hitch / wire harness
Tazer JL lite
Headlight / Foglight / backup LED bulbs
Weather tech floor liners
Generic seat covers

To do list:
BIGGER TIRES
Gas tank skid
DIY rear bumper
Additional lighting?

OW1ucLZEJIk6stsjZBfCFL_QCRIBmCqaGu6_kRtO5ADwuQ0KH5vEawXQOjkmlsVfsK69GZD33og0I-PQKKw=w873-h656-no.jpg

9fnzuexdcKvg9OWMMiqOFx6SiEEDMSbnd9I3akuMkqpkPuhByc3PsZ5YMGOIJKAHsLe1uTWr14F0Y19ZqHw=w873-h656-no.jpg

Nothing against the Rubicon or Sahara or 4 doors, but the 2 Dr sports don't get a lot of love on the forums and not everything applies to them. The aftermarket has been slow to release 2Dr specific parts and not everything is interchangeable from a 2Dr to 4Dr or the other models. So I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread dedicated to 2Dr sports whether it be a new mod you did or accessory you bought or whatever. I'm just starting out with mine and am already finding a lot conflicting information about what works and what doesn't and thought others might also.

I haven't done much so far, it's only three weeks old but I'm working on the list of required equipment by my local clubs so I can do some trail riding. I did get black Weathertech floor liners for the front and they fit perfect (part #4413131).

I installed the trailer hitch leftover from my JK and it fit perfect. HOWEVER, the wire harness is completely different and you need an auxiliary harness with switching module that requires a 12v lead run up to the fuse box in the engine compartment. Something like this:

https://www.etrailer.com/t1-2018_Jeep_JL+Wrangler.htm

So post a picture of what you got or what you've done and hopefully this thread will stay alive for a while and be a resource for future 2Dr sport owners.

20180913_192139.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I haven't done much in the year I've owned her. I personalized her with custom decals and added side steps after I got her. These steps are holding up great. I didn't know what to expect with them.
TAC Side Steps Running Boards Fit 2018-2020 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door SUV 4.25" Oval Bend Texture Black Side Bars Step Rails Nerf Bars Off Road Accessories (Texture Powder Coating Brackets) 2 Pieces https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KCLL192/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_n5GfEbQBH4TRS

Only other thing I've done is put the @Quadratec PreRunner lights on that my husband got me for Christmas. I love them. Subtle but bright:like:
https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/pre-runner-led-light-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl

IMG_20191225_175154392.jpg

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT
I haven't done much in the year I've owned her. I personalized her with custom decals and added side steps after I got her. These steps are holding up great. I didn't know what to expect with them.
TAC Side Steps Running Boards Fit 2018-2020 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door SUV 4.25" Oval Bend Texture Black Side Bars Step Rails Nerf Bars Off Road Accessories (Texture Powder Coating Brackets) 2 Pieces https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KCLL192/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_n5GfEbQBH4TRS

Only other thing I've done is put the @Quadratec PreRunner lights on that my husband got me for Christmas. I love them. Subtle but bright:like:

It looks like your Jeep is floating! ....no, I have not been drinking (yet).....

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The smaller ones to the sides are for stabilizer bars, that can keep Cargo Baskets from twisting, makes a more stable platform

beammmer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL two-door, 2017 X5, 1973 2002

Dumb question, are DRLs a requirement for the pre-running lights. I love the look.

Don

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Dumb question, are DRLs a requirement for the pre-running lights. I love the look.

Don
No, they come on with the parking lights. I don't have DRLs, so I have been in the habit of naturally turning on my lights when I get in the Jeep:like:

beammmer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL two-door, 2017 X5, 1973 2002
No, they come on with the parking lights. I don't have DRLs, so I have been in the habit of naturally turning on my lights when I get in the Jeep:like:
Cool, I am so doing this.

Don

Sponsored

Reykoning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
3 months under ownership, no loft kits, no bigger tires, no mods what so ever (just some rugged ridge door entry guards and floor mats) and having a blast with my stock 2 door. Honestly don’t see myself getting a lift or even bigger tires. Only thing I’m looking at getting right away is a winch on the front, although not sure how much weight I can put before I start seeing a sag upfront.

382B151A-644F-4ACA-BC06-7683B8805F46.jpeg

jbal13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Here's my 2018. I bought it during construction of a new house I'm building. So I haven't had time to play with it. But I just picked up a Rubi take-off suspension and Sahara wheels. Now if I can just finish the house, so that I can get back to what's important.

E10F45B8-EC47-4BAA-A084-88E5983C48EE.jpeg
Sponsored