Sponsored

Teraflex vs MetalCloak

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I’m shocked no one has talked about the two long arm kits. I’m curious about everyone’s thoughts. I am working my way into a 3.5” long arm kit for my 4door jlu. Been debating between the tried and true teraflex and the metacloaked new kit. I will in either case continue to use my falcon 3.3 shocks as they are one great set of shocks.. I’m just curious how the install goes for metacloak. I unfortunately don’t have means for car lift just yet so everything I do is jack stands and Jacks. Can’t wait to hear what people have to say about the cloaked 3.5” L.A.kits
Not going wrong with either kit. Which can you get a better deal on? Do you prefer black or gold under the Jeep?
Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Not going wrong with either kit. Which can you get a better deal on? Do you prefer black or gold under the Jeep?
I was a bit worried as the meta cloak when it came out was only in a 4.5" lift. they just currently added the 3.5" which made me happy. color doesn't bother me its all about functionality, longevity, and maintainability for me. I want this to be the last lift that i do to my jeep expect repairs or anything like that. Also the easier the install the better as i do not want to pay a shop to do something i can do :)

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
I've run teraflex on my jl for almost 2 years now with no complaints. I've been pretty happy with everything but their front trackbar which I swapped for a steer smarts.

Teraflex ct2 with 3.3 falcon shocks is what I've been running.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
140 is ride rate. 110 is the extended part on top for extension during droop. The 2 door rears are less at 150 vs 170 on JLU.
Good catch. Maybe TeraFlex did design for proper ride frequencies after all... or it was a happy coincidence.

And for some reason the 2.5" 4-door has the same rear spring rate as the 2.5" 2-door, which is why I didn't notice this earlier. I wonder if this could be a typo.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Not sure who I believe... but I've felt that the JLUR springs on the front of my JLR were softer...

With TaraFlex's 110 #/inch front ride rate & 150 #/inch rear... Again, I'm not sure who I believe here.

Why? They're already unique springs for the 2-door.
Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex vs MetalCloak 1b1

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
We don't list the shock lengths because there is so many variables and different shock options. We don't want to cloud up and confuse customers with an already wide range of offerings and related info.
Continuing this... thanks for the chart. It really is the most straightforward way of comparing shocks, and I think that advertising "Lift Height" only adds to the confusion... especially when you don't mention bump stop length.

On your last question, we do most of our spacers listed in pairs, for example kit #1155150 for a pair of 0.5 front spacers, kit #1155110 for a pair of front 1 inch spacers, etc. There's a few of the rear spacers that are not listed, but they can be bought in pairs or individually if wanted, you'd just want to reach out to us direct or to one of our dealers/vendors.
Let me restate: there are no 1.5" front or 1" rear spacers available individually or as part of a set. There should be.

Links for checking:
https://teraflex.com/shop/suspensio...angler-unlimited-rubicon-26840&sid=wG301YpYmt
https://teraflex.com/shop/suspensions?cat=773&find=2021-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-26837&sid=O6oCbVeq6X

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I have a question for you @TeraFlex

as part of my frankenlift I used your suspension spacers. Specifically 1inch front and rear. I did this by buying 0.5inch spacers for front and rear and then I stacked them. Did I mess up? should I replace them with 1inch version instead?

I had a really hard time finding 1inch front and 1inch rear as a set. And I think I found 1inch for either the front or rear, but buying the 0.5inch sets came out cheaper.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR

Sponsored

Casey250

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR | 2020 JLUR-D | 2022 Demonator
Occupation
Video Creator
@Casey250 has @TeraFlex on his 3.0. I remember the video, they were one of the first, if not the first to make a lift specifically for the EcoDiesel! 😍
I used a 3.6L lift and spacers. Teraflex has not released eco-diesel springs. I found the 3.5in springs too soft and too low, even after adding 1in spaces front and rear. I do have a lot of gear. I am using 3.5in Clayton Overland springs and airbags in the rear and no spaces. It seems to have been perfect for the last 2 years.

Both Teraflex and Metalcloak make excellent products. Teraflex sways more to the suspension side and Falcon shocks have really performed well for me. Metalcloak has tons of additional products beyond suspension as well.

Teraflex is now part of a large conglomerate of companies since they were purchased by Wheel Pros. Metalcloak is operated by its owners and makes everything in-house in the USA. If any of that matters when picking a company.

I have run Teraflex for 3 years on my JL, and will be running Metalcloak on my Demonator. I have only good things to say about both companies.

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
I have a question for you @TeraFlex

as part of my frankenlift I used your suspension spacers. Specifically 1inch front and rear. I did this by buying 0.5inch spacers for front and rear and then I stacked them. Did I mess up? should I replace them with 1inch version instead?

I had a really hard time finding 1inch front and 1inch rear as a set. And I think I found 1inch for either the front or rear, but buying the 0.5inch sets came out cheaper.
By no means have you messed up or done anything wrong. Our spacers are intended to be stackable, so no worries at all. The only advice I'd give is to not stack the spacers over 3 tall.

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
I used a 3.6L lift and spacers. Teraflex has not released eco-diesel springs. I found the 3.5in springs too soft and too low, even after adding 1in spaces front and rear. I do have a lot of gear. I am using 3.5in Clayton Overland springs and airbags in the rear and no spaces. It seems to have been perfect for the last 2 years.

Both Teraflex and Metalcloak make excellent products. Teraflex sways more to the suspension side and Falcon shocks have really performed well for me. Metalcloak has tons of additional products beyond suspension as well.
We've got our HD spring rate versions of our springs for both JL and JT set to be released between now and April, so stay tuned! Appreciate the kind words as well.

Their site is garbage. :facepalm::puke:
I'd be lying if I said we haven't heard this a lot lately. We've been doing a TON of back end work to our website for updating and reflecting current inventory, along with adding new products and the entire AllTera line, and it's created a few bugs and slow loading pages.
Sponsored