litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I'm still bouncing between the MC Game Changer kit, 2.5 and the TeraFlex kit. I'd settled on the GC, but now wondering if the TeraFlex is more suited for my build and trails. Daily driver, fire roads, moderate trails with some crawling, and eventually a run to Moab.

I saw THIS REVIEW and the TeraFlex come out on top with much similar driving I'd be doing. Admittedly they didn't have a GC to review, and the GC seems to have a much more put-together kit, but I do like the idea of adjustable shocks that I can adjust to conditions, and stiffen up as I put weight on the build.

Thoughts? has anyone run both and have comparisons?
Sponsored

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
In a round about way I ended up with a 2.5" teraflex lift ( my third choice ) and the adjustable shocks, that video is spot on regarding on and off road performance. City driving the jeep feels very planted with minimal body roll and nose dive on that sneaky red light. I am running the SP2 Adjustable shocks, the fact I can adjust them on the fly to compensate for added weight is a big plus and yes it floats on washboard dirt roads.

If you plan on getting into rock crawling or extreme trails then hands down MC game changer is the best choice, while I have no experience with MC the folks I have talked to swear by MC being the go to for that next level off-roading.

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
If you're doing serious offroading/crawling MC hands down. Otherwise you'll likely be very happy with the Teraflex kit. The Falcon shocks are a little firmer over small bumps on the street than something like a Fox 2.0 or 2.5 but having the adjustability is awesome.

OP
OP
INCRHULK

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

If you're doing serious offroading/crawling MC hands down. Otherwise you'll likely be very happy with the Teraflex kit. The Falcon shocks are a little firmer over small bumps on the street than something like a Fox 2.0 or 2.5 but having the adjustability is awesome.
I agree - Metal Cloak seems to be the best crawling kit around, but Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ll get the full benefits. Not a whole lot or extreme crawling in my area. Eventually Iā€™ll hit Moab and out west. Goals this year, or next is driving to Tuktoyuktuk and hitting lots of back roads and trails along the way.

Iā€™m leaning back toward the TeraFlex based on the reviews. Which means in a few weeks Iā€™ll be back to thinking the MC is the way. šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

SmilesPerGallon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport, 2021 JLU Sport
I maybe a little biased because I have all Metalcloak on my JK. I haven't ridden in a Metalcloak JL but if its anything like my JK its extremely top notch. It rides extremely smooth for a jeep and the off road capability is incredible. Its a large improvement on road and off road. I can't speak for teraflex as Ive never used there kit or spoke with them. Metalcloak customer service is second to none if you ask me. They are always willing to help and answer questions in an extremely timely manner. Also the gold coating on the parts is extremely resistant to rusting. I have bashed my control arms and tie rod end on plenty of rocks and scuffed the gold chromate which is a chemical treatment and rust never appeared even on the scraped parts.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I agree - Metal Cloak seems to be the best crawling kit around, but Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ll get the full benefits. Not a whole lot or extreme crawling in my area. Eventually Iā€™ll hit Moab and out west. Goals this year, or next is driving to Tuktoyuktuk and hitting lots of back roads and trails along the way.

Iā€™m leaning back toward the TeraFlex based on the reviews. Which means in a few weeks Iā€™ll be back to thinking the MC is the way. šŸ˜‚
Why wait a few weeks? ;) Metalcloak 3.5" Gamechanger:
Jeep Wrangler JL MetalCloak VS TeraFlex 20200831_111107

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Both are top shelf and you won't go wrong with either choice. I've run both on previous Jeeps and have parts from both on the current JLUR.

OP
OP
INCRHULK

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

Why wait a few weeks? ;) Metalcloak 3.5" Gamechanger:
Jeep Wrangler JL MetalCloak VS TeraFlex 20200831_111107
I need to wait for taxes and save the last bit up for the MC if I go with it.
Sponsored