TazerJL Feature Requests

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
I actually applied for a patent on this 2 years ago before I tried to make it work. Due to how the ABS controller works I was unable to make it happen. I can brake front or rear or both but controlling left and right independently for more than just pulses just wasn’t happening.
I don’t give up easily and still revisit the project from time to time.
Sponsored

SpaceCase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
I actually applied for a patent on this 2 years ago before I tried to make it work. Due to how the ABS controller works I was unable to make it happen. I can brake front or rear or both but controlling left and right independently for more than just pulses just wasn’t happening.
I'm curious, did you get the patent?

jeeeeeeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Not sure if it's possible, but my MINI will roll the windows up / down with the key fob when I press, then press and hold the lock / unlock button on my fob.

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Not sure if it's possible, but my MINI will roll the windows up / down with the key fob when I press, then press and hold the lock / unlock button on my fob.
Can’t be done. The JL window controls are not tied into/integrated with the rest of the vehicle. They are independent of the body control module and the CANBUS. There's no way of "programming" the power window system.

I used to use JSCAN and within it, there are options to enable express down for passenger and rear windows. It doesn’t work.

Nickb1907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 4XE
Could you pulse it constantly while a button is pushed?

Glad you already had this on your radar. I am surprised Jeep hasn't tried to add it since it would help them compete more with Bronco offerings.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

One question and one request:

After changing gears to 5.13's do I also change the gearing on the 4low or is 4low meaning the 4to1 ration that the transfer case has?

I also purchased the sensor bypass modules because my front sensor would not work correctly after changing out the gears. I understand that this now means I can turn on the lockers at any speed and in 2 hi. Can you make an option to lock these out at higher speeds or in 2 hi?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

After changing gears to 5.13's do I also change the gearing on the 4low or is 4low meaning the 4to1 ration that the transfer case has?
You didn’t change the transfer case or it’s gearing, so there’s no need to change anything for that.

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited

RonAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Here's one for you Joe. When flat towing a JL or JT with LED tail lights the battery can go dead from the third wire on the tail light waking up the Jeep every time a light is activated by the motorhome. Could you do something along the lines of do not wake up if key fob is not present or do not wake up if Jeep is locked??? This would save splicing into the harness with a switch.
Sponsored