Sponsored

Tazer Feature Request! Remember Cruise Control Status...

JohnP

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 Yukon Denali, 2006 F350, 2006 AMG CLK55
Occupation
Troublemaker
Hey Joe and team, I’m wondering if it would be possible to have the Tazer ensure that my Adaptive Cruse Control is always turned on? (Or regular cruise for those without adaptive.) Or at least retain the last state from when the vehicle was previously turned off.

I have a Yukon with Adaptive Cruise, and it basically stays on, allowing me to just hit the SET button any time to kick the cruise on. But in the Jeep, every time you turn off the vehicle you have to push the cruise button to turn it on before you can set the speed. I know hitting 2 buttons doesn’t sound like a big deal, but it forces me to look down for the damn little button to turn it on, which is sub-optimal.
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Using 2 button presses to activate cruise control is a safety feature to eliminate the chance that it could be easily set inadvertently by a single accidental button press, and possibly catch the driver off guard when they remove their foot from the accelerator abd the vehicle maintains speed. This would startle most drivers and possibly cause an accident because they don’t immediately respond by pressing the brake to cancel cruise control.

OP
OP
JohnP

JohnP

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 Yukon Denali, 2006 F350, 2006 AMG CLK55
Occupation
Troublemaker
Understood. But Tazer allows us to defeat multiple safety features already, like being in motion with the door open, using reverse camera while in motion, etc.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Understood. But Tazer allows us to defeat multiple safety features already, like being in motion with the door open, using reverse camera while in motion, etc.
Yes. I’m not disagreeing with your request, just explaining why it’s made that way in the first place in case you weren’t aware. I am a safety and health professional by trade and I’ve been known to circumvent or defeat certain safety features on vehicles myself.