First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2004 L J
Occupation
Director of IT
I asked before purchasing and was told it would not interfere with the Mopar Over the Air updates. One has recently been released and some have it while others are still waiting, so I thought I was one of those that have not received it yet. Now I am concerned that the Tazer may have been interfering based of this thread that I will copy here:

"I talked to Uconnect support today and the woman told me if you have something plugged into ODB port Uconnect won't sent updates to the service (vehicle health, mileage, etc) and that it wouldn't take any updates OTA. Not sure if it's true or not but since my vehicle health hasn't updated since may 25th I'm guessing she might be right."

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/off-road-pages-are-here.13399/page-5#post-327366
Sponsored

greenJLmachine

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, Toyota FJ Cruiser, BMW X3
Vehicle Showcase
I asked before purchasing and was told it would not interfere with the Mopar Over the Air updates. One has recently been released and some have it while others are still waiting, so I thought I was one of those that have not received it yet. Now I am concerned that the Tazer may have been interfering based of this thread that I will copy here:

"I talked to Uconnect support today and the woman told me if you have something plugged into ODB port Uconnect won't sent updates to the service (vehicle health, mileage, etc) and that it wouldn't take any updates OTA. Not sure if it's true or not but since my vehicle health hasn't updated since may 25th I'm guessing she might be right."

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/off-road-pages-are-here.13399/page-5#post-327366
Well no answer from me, but I just checked mine and sure enough, no vehicle health updates since exactly the day I installed the Tazer. You may be on to something.

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
I have a Tazer installed and still get my vehicle health reports. When I first installed it I didn’t think I would, but it does.

greenJLmachine

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Tazer installed and still get my vehicle health reports. When I first installed it I didn’t think I would, but it does.
That’s good to know. I sure hope it’s just a complete coincidence that my last report was from the day I installed. I unplugged it tonight, we’ll see what happens. I left the bypass installed.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@greenJLmachine

I have had my TazerJL installed since May when I acquired my 2dr. JL. I always get my health updates and can start the JL, lock, unlock it, ect. with the Uconnect app.

I do suggest, that IF you have TravelLink/XM Traffic & Weather, disabled, you may want to enable it until you get the OTA Uconnect update. Much is unknown about how the update comes to our JL. Would turning off a chunk of SiriusXM input affect your JL getting the update.... I don't know.

As for me I have enabled TravelLink/XM Traffic & Weather, which I usually have disabled with the TazerJL.

You guys with programmers... Please post when your radio gets the OTA Uconnect.update...

Also.... Many here think that they will ... we all will be getting this update to their JL any day lets say. Reality is it may be weeks, months before your JL is prompted to do the update.

-Note: Have you signed up your JL with Guardian Uconnect? Can you work with your JL via the Uconnect app?

Sponsored

greenJLmachine

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@greenJLmachine

I have had my TazerJL installed since May when I acquired my 2dr. JL. I always get my health updates and can start the JL, lock, unlock it, ect. with the Uconnect app.

I do suggest, that IF you have TravelLink/XM Traffic & Weather, disabled, you may want to enable it until you get the OTA Uconnect update. Much is unknown about how the update comes to our JL. Would turning off a chunk of SiriusXM input affect your JL getting the update.... I don't know.

As for me I have enabled TravelLink/XM Traffic & Weather, which I usually have disabled with the TazerJL.

You guys with programmers... Please post when your radio gets the OTA Uconnect.update...

Also.... Many here think that they will ... we all will be getting this update to their JL any day lets say. Reality is it may be weeks, months before your JL is prompted to do the update.

-Note: Have you signed up your JL with Guardian Uconnect? Can you work with your JL via the Uconnect app?

I have signed up, and it does work with via The Uconnect app. I think maybe it really is a big coincidence.

Now that I’m on the subject again, I think I did read somewhere (it was a while back) that the “health” updates were supposed to be monthly. I could be wrong, but that may be what’s going on here on that part. Likely the OTA Page update just hasn’t reached here yet in the rollout.

greenJLmachine

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I unplugged the Tazer and received the health reports. Then I plugged it back in and haven’t received another health report since. At this point, I think it is interfering with the OTA updates. Unplugging again tomorrow.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@greenJLmachine

I get health reports and have the Tazer JL plugged in all the time.

By the way, there is no OTA update being actively pushed to ALL at this time.

greenJLmachine

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@greenJLmachine

I get health reports and have the Tazer JL plugged in all the time.

By the way, there is no OTA update being actively pushed to ALL at this time.
Mine is always plugged in. I have not received an OTA, health report or even mileage updates since. If I receive health reports, after I remove it then I will be certain it’s involved. I need to update anyway, so it will be a good time for this experiment.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine is always plugged in. I have not received an OTA, health report or even mileage updates since. If I receive health reports, after I remove it then I will be certain it’s involved. I need to update anyway, so it will be a good time for this experiment.
@greenJLmachine

Not sure what you have going on and or why you are not getting the health reports.

My Tazer JL is plugged in all the time. Has been for months. I get the health reports every month. I actually got one today, 9/8/18. I kinda chuckled when the report came in today, as first thing that came into my head was see, I told you so.... I get my health reports... and yes, I have the Tazer JL installed. I should mention that others' with the Tazer JL plugged in full time are getting the health reports too.

As for OTA updates... Very very few have gotten an OTA update. No one with a Tazer JL has reported getting an OTA update. I expect that the OTA updates will download aok even with the Tazer JL or Tazer JL Lite attached. Time will tell on this though.

Sponsored

lithe1

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Firecracker Red
Maybe the people not getting daily reports should check if the TravelLink option in the Tazer JL menu is turned on. Not sure if that matters, but worth a shot.

I know, for me, I didn’t see the TravelLink app (or get traffic info on the nav) on my UConnect when that was turned off in Tazer JL.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, today, 9/15/18 a forum member with a Tazer JL installed and married to his JL, did in fact successfully receive a Uconnect OTA update. (8.4 radio)

Forum member that got the OTA, 8.4 radio update was @DesertsJL

I had figured the installed Tazer JL would not hinder/prevent the update.

OP
OP
jravin

jravin

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2004 L J
Occupation
Director of IT
This is correct. I to just got the update and it installed just fine with my Tazer married and plugged in.

By the way, it included the much bemoaned missing Off Road Pages! I like the gauges display and will be using it for daily driving.
Sponsored