Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
As @jludave advised this would change the Tazer completely going to an app, the hardware is all different plus someone has to write the program for the app so if you want an app based program that has lots of the same features as the Tazer I would suggest JSCAN.

They both do lots of the same things but are different in how they handle certain things like disabling ESS and JSCAN is a bit more ā€œTechieā€ then the Tazer and by that I mean more involved but both are good products.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
This would likely add cost and complexity, as youā€™d need something like Bluetooth added to allow connectivity. I could be wrong, but I donā€™t see that happening any time soon.
We can control a robot and drone on Mars from earth but we cannot get the Tazer in a Jeep to communicate with a smartphone App, what language does the Tazer speak Klingon?!?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

We can control a robot and drone on Mars from earth but we cannot get the Tazer in a Jeep to communicate with a smartphone App, what language does the Tazer speak Klingon?!?
I never said it couldn't be done.

The point I was trying to make is that at the moment, the Tazer is not designed to be used with an app. There's no way of communicating with the device as it doesn't have Bluetooth or WiFi built in. Adding such features would add complexity and cost, as previously mentioned.

If you want an app, use JSCAN with bypass cables and an OBD reader.

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
I never said it couldn't be done.

The point I was trying to make is that at the moment, the Tazer is not designed to be used with an app. There's no way of communicating with the device as it doesn't have Bluetooth or WiFi built in. Adding such features would add complexity and cost, as previously mentioned.

If you want an app, use JSCAN with bypass cables and an OBD reader.
Relax, I was just kidding :)

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer šŸ˜‚
Here is a shot in the dark. The bronco is supposed to allow you to turn super tight by braking it locking up the rear inside wheel on a turn, basically dragging that inside wheel through the turn (like a pivot point). Since you can lock up both front wheels for a burn out does that make this functionality possible?
How does Ford get around the solid axle? Open diff?

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
How does Ford get around the solid axle? Open diff?
It would be open at least while executing that maneuver. Honestly, it's a novel idea, but pretty close useless in my years of off roading experience. Even in tight wooded trails. But it makes for good marketing.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
It would be open at least while executing that maneuver. Honestly, it's a novel idea, but pretty close useless in my years of off roading experience. Even in tight wooded trails. But it makes for good marketing.
How would you know without trying it?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
How would you know without trying it?
Because I've never thought, "Hey, my back end isn't quite getting around that turn as well as I'd like."

To me, it is a solution in search of a problem that doesn't exist, at least in the types of off-roading I've done over the course of 30 years.

There's plenty of things I don't need to try before knowing I don't need it. I've seen some of them on the internet. ;)

NCIC105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Because I've never thought, "Hey, my back end isn't quite getting around that turn as well as I'd like."

To me, it is a solution in search of a problem that doesn't exist, at least in the types of off-roading I've done over the course of 30 years.

There's plenty of things I don't need to try before knowing I don't need it. I've seen some of them on the internet. ;)
Now wait a minute. You know if it is on the internet, it is TRUE

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
How about Off road plus in 2 wheel drive? It would be nice to have the aggressive throttle mapping for the street.

Sponsored

tubaom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Diesel KJ, 20 Diesel JLUR (ordered), 13 Diesel GMC Dually
Before I forget... The ability to keep the rear tailgate locked even if the unlock button is pressed. Seems like jeep forgot that the cubbie under the tailgate isn't secure if you can simply unlock all the doors with the button on the front doors.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Here's an idea... Could we up and down shift with the little circular buttons behind the steering wheel? If that could be added, I bet it would drive a ton of new customers.
@joe@zauto

Is this possible? Controlling the trans shifting via the steering wheel is something that is really missing from the JL while engine breaking in the mountains.

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I would use it every day commuting in my Gladiator šŸ˜‚

Nickb1907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 4XE
Here is a shot in the dark. The bronco is supposed to allow you to turn super tight by braking it locking up the rear inside wheel on a turn, basically dragging that inside wheel through the turn (like a pivot point). Since you can lock up both front wheels for a burn out does that make this functionality possible?
I had the same thought and just added it to the feature request list. This doesn't seem to much of a stretch since he can lock the front brakes and would just need to use the steering position to decide if the driver rear or passenger rear caliper would need to lock up.

https://7f708d01.nolt.io/
Sponsored