Sponsored

tazerjl not always responding

newjerseyjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
I installed the tazerjl mini last week, it has the 11.1.4 firmware installed by default, so i went with what it had. Everything worked as planned-
-activated aux switches
-shut off seatbelt ding
-turned on lane change video (which i shut off after experiencing the audio muting problem)

For several days its worked as advetised. As of yesterday, however, the live features (and even the standard features) do not respond. On my last drive home from the local big box store, i turned cruise control on and off a few times, adn then it did respond. later it stopped responding again. So it seems to intermittently reconnect.

Has anyone experiencede this issue? Thanks!
Sponsored

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Not here, seems to work great.

OP
OP
newjerseyjl

newjerseyjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
quick update: For the last two days, its been working, since i cycled through cruise control a bunch of times. Who knows, maybe it will stay running now. shrug. (still love the device!)

gijohn56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
I'm on firmware 11.2.5 and experiencing the same issues. things I had turned on like the cam on turn signal has shut off, the auto park has come back on... I can't get in and reset things unless I take it out and reflash the firmware.

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I'm on firmware 2.5.1 and experiencing the same issues. things I had turned on like the cam on turn signal has shut off, the auto park has come back on... I can't get in and reset things unless I take it out and reflash the firmware.
@gijohn56

You need to update your firmware on your Tazer JL.

Firmware in regards to the Tazer JL is evolving and .. a work in progress so to speak... Newer firmware addresses shortcomings of old firmware, adds features and lots more... (of course new firmware can also bring with it new issues/quirks)

Anyway, do your homework when it comes to firmware.. before you change firmware..

Sounds like you need to read up in regard to the Tazer JL and how to use it, etc...

By the way, the Tazer JL does not disable/deal with Auto Park at all.

Sponsored

gijohn56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
@gijohn56

You need to update your firmware on your Tazer JL.

Firmware in regards to the Tazer JL is evolving and .. a work in progress so to speak... Newer firmware addresses shortcomings of old firmware, adds features and lots more... (of course new firmware can also bring with it new issues/quirks)

Anyway, do your homework when it comes to firmware.. before you change firmware..

Sounds like you need to read up in regard to the Tazer JL and how to use it, etc...

By the way, the Tazer JL does not disable/deal with Auto Park at all.
I have the latest firmware I just typed the wrong numbers, and I have read all the info on it. I also know how to use it. and the auto park is part of the live menu. its not listed in the manual due to the current manual is 2-3 updates behind.
The auto park is under the in-motion if you turn it off every time you open the door or undo your seatbelt while in drive it will not move the transmission to park,

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I have the latest firmware I just typed the wrong numbers, and I have read all the info on it. I also know how to use it. and the auto park is part of the live menu. its not listed in the manual due to the current manual is 2-3 updates behind.
The auto park is under the in-motion if you turn it off every time you open the door or undo your seatbelt while in drive it will not move the transmission to park,
@gijohn56

Ok, good to see you are running current firmware on your Tazer JL Mini..

Do know though, you are absolutely incorrect in regard to "Auto Park"....

Early on.... about 3 yrs ago, the Original Tazer JL could indeed defeat "Auto Park" but, FCA pushed a pcm update and after that the Tazer JL could not defeat Auto Park and to this date still cannot defeat Autopark.

IF you doubt what I am saying reach out to Joe @ ZAutomotive and he will tell you what I just spewed.

TEXT, Joe at 631-533-3363 if you want and ask him about "Auto Park"
-Do not call this text support line which is for text only.. and ask in your text .. whatever.... Even on weekends and nights and all, Joe usually gets back to you in short order..
Sponsored