Not open for further replies.

Wrangler-NS

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Did you go to live menu, where it says “Winch: x” and set the RPM to use?

The 11.1.2 firmware had a problem where coming off a previous version would set the RPM to some negative value, and wasn’t able to be changed back in range. 11.1.4 fixed that so you can change it to 1300-2000. If you didn’t change it, it’s probably still out of range.
Yes. Mine is set to 2000.
Sponsored

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
Should work then. Need to have your foot off the gas and brake. Then hit the two buttons (right arrow and cancel) and it should say “Winch on” and RPMs should slowly rise.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Should work then. Need to have your foot off the gas and brake. Then hit the two buttons (right arrow and cancel) and it should say “Winch on” and RPMs should slowly rise.
Joe, do you have to unmarry the Tazer JL to update it, or can you just remove it, update, then plug back in? I'm getting ready to update mine.

Thanks!

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Joe, do you have to unmarry the Tazer JL to update it, or can you just remove it, update, then plug back in? I'm getting ready to update mine.

Thanks!
Courious as well. I have the mini, I think I can just plug into it without removing? Thanks

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited

Thanks!
For 11.1.2 to 11.1.4 nothing I changed requires an unmarry/marry as all the saved data structure remained the same.
If you’re updating with Windows just go for it. You can even use a laptop in the Jeep without needing to unplug it. If you’re using a Mac I’d prefer if you unmarry as the Mac’s sometimes don’t play as nice and I’ve seen some updates cause an issue with saved data.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
For 11.1.2 to 11.1.4 nothing I changed requires an unmarry/marry as all the saved data structure remained the same.
If you’re updating with Windows just go for it. You can even use a laptop in the Jeep without needing to unplug it. If you’re using a Mac I’d prefer if you unmarry as the Mac’s sometimes don’t play as nice and I’ve seen some updates cause an issue with saved data.
I'll be using windows, but I'll have to check to see what previous version I have. i think mine is pre 11.1.2. I'll be using Windows, but it still looks like I'll have to unmarry it. That's ok, though. No biggie. Thanks!

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I just updated and will marry it back in once I get my Jeep back from the dealer.

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
I updated and noticed a few things. Start stop better, but it still misses. Sway bar disconnect doesn't always work in 2 wheel drive. Same for locking axles.

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Just updated my mini. Very easy. Haven’t demoed anything yet though. Thanks for continuing to improve this.

ABar112

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Lot of pages to read through, so sorry if this has been asked already. joe@zauto, have you been able to or attempt to try to get off road pages to load on an 8.4 radio that was installed on a Jeep that had either a 5" or a 7" radio originally? I swapped my 7 to an 8.4 and did uconnects newest update that included the ORP, and other updates, but it doesn't load that app of course (all other functions that should do) and i assume it's because the BCM doesn't tell the radio to display the app or send the info to it? I also installed the wifi antenna and i get wifi so that what has me wondering if its a programming thing or if some other wires should be ran to the radio from the cluster to display the info?

If its a programming thing, do you think the Tazer could handle it, like the other OEM swaps/upgrades?

Sponsored

Wrangler-NS

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Got it. I had to change the value of the RPM and then it worked.

NCIC105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Winch mode works perfectly for me as well as other functions...Hats off to your and your crew for a great product...
Oh and the Wench mode works good also...Bahahahah

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry if this was already answered, but has anyone put this on the new 2020 2.0 turbo engine without the mild hybrid, i went to order and noticed it ask you to specify the motor, and the new 2020 version of the turbo is not listed.. just want to make sure it works fine before ordering.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Sorry if this was already answered, but has anyone put this on the new 2020 2.0 turbo engine without the mild hybrid, i went to order and noticed it ask you to specify the motor, and the new 2020 version of the turbo is not listed.. just want to make sure it works fine before ordering.
If I’m not mistaken, he only asks engine type to build a demographic. The unit and firmware is the same for 2.0 and 3.6. Also, it’s a programmer not a tuner so should be no issue.

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Got it. I had to change the value of the RPM and then it worked.
Me too on the winch mode I reported not working. It was set to -1 (does that mean the engine runs 1 rpm backwards haha).

It works perfectly - thanks Joe for the info.

Really like the sway disconnect and maybe some are not getting to a stop to make it disengage?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.