Not open for further replies.

Dubeau9005

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2010 GMC Sierra 1500
I see there is a new update available 11.1.2, I have my mini plugged in my jlus and also keep a USB cable plugged into it as well. My questions are do I need to to remove / unplug it from the jlus before I do the update? Do I need to unmarry it? And can I go from 11.1.0 right to 11.1.2? I have the updater program on my laptop.

Thanks
I’m also curious about this. Not sure if I need to unmarry and remove it before updating or can just hook up to it while it’s plugged in and update it.
Sponsored

StingGrayJL77

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, new to programmers here, and I’ve attempted to read through the 70 pages of comments... that said, I think I understand the difference between “Vehicle Settings” & “Live Features”, and the fact that the Tazer JL Mini has to remain plugged in for the “Live Features”, but not for the “Vehicle Settings”... That said, when I unmarry the unit to take the JL in for service, will I lose the current “Vehicle Settings”? And will those all have to be reset when I re-marry the Tazer JL Mini?

Thanks for help with what is probably a dumb question.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, new to programmers here, and I’ve attempted to read through the 70 pages of comments... that said, I think I understand the difference between “Vehicle Settings” & “Live Features”, and the fact that the Tazer JL Mini has to remain plugged in for the “Live Features”, but not for the “Vehicle Settings”... That said, when I unmarry the unit to take the JL in for service, will I lose the current “Vehicle Settings”? And will those all have to be reset when I re-marry the Tazer JL Mini?

Thanks for help with what is probably a dumb question.
You lose all vehicle settings upon unmarry... From the user guide:

- One-touch return-to-stock – Quick “unmarry” function returns all vehicle settings back to stock.

StingGrayJL77

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
You lose all vehicle settings upon unmarry... From the user guide:

- One-touch return-to-stock – Quick “unmarry” function returns all vehicle settings back to stock.
So if I want permanent changes, like LED Lighting options turned on, I have to go to the dealership?

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
So if I want permanent changes, like LED Lighting options turned on, I have to go to the dealership?
If you want specific Tazer-supported changes to be permanent, I'd imagine you'd have to go to someone who specializes in what you'd like to have modified.

Sure, there's always the option of leaving the Tazer connected & married, but it's not recommended when making a service trip to the dealer (I'm sure you've read on this). You could just remove it without unmarrying, but I believe this is also not recommended.

Sponsored

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Sr Product Line Researcher
Vehicle Showcase
Where is the best place to buy a Tazer Mini? Anyone giving discounts?

Tjbrlecic1

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
I was just at the dealership today for an oil change, tire rotation and a radio repair. I removed the Tazer but did not unmarry it. The mechanic did not blink an eye when I told him I had a programmer. He looked at the radio determined the head unit was bad and ordered a replacement. The only thing that did not stay programmed was the ASS. It is a live function. LED lights, seat belt chimes, tire size, AUX switches and nav functions while moving all continued to retain its programming. Overall I like the way the Tazer works.

Riptire

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
I just installed the tazer on my 2.0 sport with 3.45 gears on 35's. At 75 mph I'm in 7th gear at 2100 rpm. Will I not have 8th gear anymore? I never really paid attention to what gear it was in before but I would think at that speed it would be in 8th. If i no longer have 8th will it hurt anything?

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed the tazer on my 2.0 sport with 3.45 gears on 35's. At 75 mph I'm in 7th gear at 2100 rpm. Will I not have 8th gear anymore? I never really paid attention to what gear it was in before but I would think at that speed it would be in 8th. If i no longer have 8th will it hurt anything?
You may get 8th down hill with a tail wind.....No.

It won't hurt anything.

Mine sees 8th on the interstate some times and I am in Florida.

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
Sorry if this has been answered, but it's hard to search through 70 pages for the answer...

Two questions.. if the only reason I'd need this is to change my tire size, would I be better off just having the dealer do it so I don't have to mess around with anything? This leads into question two, because I have no experience with these kinds of things and don't want to screw anything up.
So, question two.. How simple or difficult is this to install and use for someone who's never used something like this before?

Sponsored

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry if this has been answered, but it's hard to search through 70 pages for the answer...

Two questions.. if the only reason I'd need this is to change my tire size, would I be better off just having the dealer do it so I don't have to mess around with anything? This leads into question two, because I have no experience with these kinds of things and don't want to screw anything up.
So, question two.. How simple or difficult is this to install and use for someone who's never used something like this before?
Dealer is $125 I think or $150 but you may want to run lower tire pressure with larger tires and you will have low tire idiot light all the time if you drop below 30 and the alarm starts. Stay above that and you might be ok.

The hardest part is unplugging the swg but I can do it without looking now.

Easy/ hard is relative but it's fairly easy after the first three times and actually reading the manual hehe.

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
@kobejo34 that pretty much answers my questions. Thanks!

I think I'd rather leave it to the dealer so I don't mess anything up and also save a little bit of money. But that's good to know if I do decide to get one.

Tjbrlecic1

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
@kobejo34 that pretty much answers my questions. Thanks!

I think I'd rather leave it to the dealer so I don't mess anything up and also save a little bit of money. But that's good to know if I do decide to get one.
The Tazer programmer is not to hard to figure out. The initial installation takes a few minutes. It is easy to remove if you are taking your Jeep in for warranty service.
The thing I like about the Tazer is it gives me the ability to take control of how my Jeep works. Between the Bosch OBDII code reader and the Tazer me and the service department are not going to be seeing much of each other.
We did have a warranty issue with the radio. The service department does not care if we have a programmer. The mechanic said “ the programmer is not the cause of your radio problem.” He found the radio to be defective and ordered a new touch screen.
Just another bit of information to help you decide if a Tazer will fit your needs.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Just i stalled the tazer and it was pretty simple to setup....i had 0 issues. But i did not know the turn cam would turn off the navigation over ride. Those are the two main things i bought it for and saw no mention of it until i went to the instructions page during setup. That should be listed on the feature list so people know, kind of pisses me off.

MTSmith

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Subaru Outback
I attempted to install my Tazer mini today. Plugging it in was a breeze, I got the flashing green and red lights but the Tazer menu would never come up on the audio screen. I attempted to upload the latest firmware but the updates would never say complete. It also seemed like my computer had a tough time connecting to the Tazer. I tried on two different computers. I sent it back for a new one, hopefully the new one won’t have issues. Any suggestions to make things smoother? Thanks.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.