First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
So I'm going to finally hook up the Tazer I picked up back in February. The only things I'm going to use it for is TPMS threshold and Speedometer Recalibration. Right now I have the doors off. Do I need to put them back on to reboot the computer for non-live functions? If so, do I need to put on all four doors or can I just put on the driver's door?

Thanks!
Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
So I'm going to finally hook up the Tazer I picked up back in February. The only things I'm going to use it for is TPMS threshold and Speedometer Recalibration. Right now I have the doors off. Do I need to put them back on to reboot the computer for non-live functions? If so, do I need to put on all four doors or can I just put on the driver's door?

Thanks!
I rebooted with front doors off and opened and closed the back door...worked fine.

PF3352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Jeep YJ, 2019 JLUR
Curious and it may have been discussed so my apologies . When I set my low TPMS it would only let me go to 15. Is this the lowest others have seen? The Tazer has been awesome.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Curious and it may have been discussed so my apologies . When I set my low TPMS it would only let me go to 15. Is this the lowest others have seen? The Tazer has been awesome.
The JL is hard programmed to only go to 25 so even with the Tazer set to 15 you will still most likely get a tpms alert at 20

I have mine set at 25 and have aired down for testing and at 20 I get an alert

PF3352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Jeep YJ, 2019 JLUR
The JL is hard programmed to only go to 25 so even with the Tazer set to 15 you will still most likely get a tpms alert at 20

I have mine set at 25 and have aired down for testing and at 20 I get an alert
Thank you. I was just curious and have not aired down below 20 yet but plan to on my next outing. I was thinking lowing the TPMS on the Tazer to 15 would maybe hold off on the light. Just curious why 15 was the lowest as I will probably be down to 12.

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you. I was just curious and have not aired down below 20 yet but plan to on my next outing. I was thinking lowing the TPMS on the Tazer to 15 would maybe hold off on the light. Just curious why 15 was the lowest as I will probably be down to 12.
Maybe Hoe can chime in and answer that

KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Is there anyway to turn the full sized Tazer to the Mini version?

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Is there anyway to turn the full sized Tazer to the Mini version?

They have the same features; the only difference being the mini is one piece. There's no operational difference.

KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have the full sized one but I would prefer the mini. It’s not worth it to me to buy a whole new unit just to have a cleaner look. If it starts to bother me that much I will just buy a cable and velcro it under the kick panel.

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
So I've got a question. All you guys are saying to unmarry the Tazer before bringing it to the dealer. But here's the problem.

If I unmarry my Tazer, I will lose my tire size changes and gear ratio changes, and this will result in my Jeep throwing error codes that the dealer is going to have to chase down, probably causing even more suspicion. For example, when I re-geared, I had to completely reset the ESS by unplugging the battery and then performing a re-learn of the N/V ratio as outlined in this post: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/ess-broken-after-regearing.11852/page-2#post-541310

Does anyone have an answer for this? I'm wondering if I can set all options back to factory except for tire size and gear ratio, and then just unplug the Tazer without unmarrying it. Would this be the same end result of the dealer not being able to tell there was a programmer attached to it? Wouldn't it look just like someone had set the tire sizes and gear ratios at the dealer?

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
It's really not a hard rule to unmarry & remove the device prior to a dealer visit; it's more of recommendation. Not everyone does for whatever their reasons may be. Some don't want to go thru their settings after each visit.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
It's really not a hard rule to unmarry & remove the device prior to a dealer visit; it's more of recommendation. Not everyone does for whatever their reasons may be. Some don't want to go thru their settings after each visit.
The reason to unmarry is to hedge against dealer flashing an update. If they apply a new version and you have to unmarry later on, you’re going to lose the update they applied. Pretty small risk of that happening, IMO, but...

upload_2019-8-27_21-42-20.jpeg

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
The reason to unmarry is to hedge against dealer flashing an update. If they apply a new version and you have to unmarry later on, you’re going to lose the update they applied. Pretty small risk of that happening, IMO, but...
...still a risk nonetheless.

Happos2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
With the original Tazer, is there an actual difference for someone who has a manual versus an automatic? Wasn’t sure if there were different programs and modules due to the difference of transmission.

Thanks!

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
With the original Tazer, is there an actual difference for someone who has a manual versus an automatic? Wasn’t sure if there were different programs and modules due to the difference of transmission.

Thanks!
No. No difference. Ditto for 2.0 vs. 3.6. Same unit for all configurations.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.