First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
This is what gives forums a bad name. Oh well :)
Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Ok everyone....let's all go out in garage....open the garage door....get in the 392...press the start button and SMILE FROM EAR TO EAR!!!😃
I can’t :( getting parts installed this week at a shop. But will be so worth it when done.

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
This is not as difficult as many of you are making it seem... And why are any of you spending money on tools?

If you're having trouble take off the damn driver's side door and remove the driver's seat.

Lay down with your head under the dash and get it done.

This was about 9 million times easier than installing OEM LEDs as the BCM is waaaay up in there with a fraction of the room.
I recommend a “big“ handed round of applause for @turbosix ability to install OEM lights. You are truly a master, sir!

turbosix

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
I recommend a “big“ handed round of applause for @turbosix ability to install OEM lights. You are truly a master, sir!
Thank you. Thank you. I've also done lots of other things much more complicated like resetting circuit breakers and emptying the basket on my robot vacuum.

Sponsored

music293

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Clubs

Just want to jump in to say that I recently installed my Tazer. Took @Rhinebeck01 's advice on the extension cable. Anyone looking for validation on this process, listen to him.

Absolutely get the extension, and absolutely wait until you have it in your hand.

You want to do this one time only because it is legit a PITA. I don't care who you are, how big or small your hands are, etc. It is still a PITA, and that extension cable makes it 100% better when you need to disconnect/reconnect in the future (which you will need to do for dealer service).

Happy Jeeping!

OP
OP

dgerb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
OK....so I got finally got the damn plugs out (with the help of dry spray lube) and the SGW extension cable installed....now I have a new problem.....the Mini Tazer module doesn't work...is the module LED light supposed to go on when plugged in to the SGW cables? Mine doesn't and I can't get it into the "menu" state...I've watched Youtube video's and nothing works....very frustrating to say the least....

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
OK....so I got finally got the damn plugs out (with the help of dry spray lube) and the SGW extension cable installed....now I have a new problem.....the Mini Tazer module doesn't work...is the module LED light supposed to go on when plugged in to the SGW cables? Mine doesn't and I can't get it into the "menu" state...I've watched Youtube video's and nothing works....very frustrating to say the least....
Yeah, it lights up right away…. Did you use the SGW correctly? For me the SGW is only used when I remove the Tazer and go into service. It basically hangs up in the dash. So the plug doesn’t need to go all the way up into the dash, it goes into the SGW extension.

Crap, I just reread what I wrote and it makes no sense… I wish I had a picture.

Edit [added picture] OK, I did this in 2 minutes with PowerPoint (DON'T LAUGH - I'm trying to help): Is this how you are set up?

Jeep Wrangler JL Tazer Mini Install Tazer Layout.JPG

JDLouisville

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the LED begins to blink immediately. (With and without extension cable)

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Please excuse some Jeepers on here. That time of the month makes them unpleasant.

I had issue removing the plugs but did get them out. I already had Tazer plugged in when my SGW came in. I did get that installed with cuss words. The Red light will blink. Did you take USB cable and update the Tazer before install? That should tell you if the Tazer is bad. You plug into laptop for update and the Red light comes on. If not working on laptop you have bad Tazer maybe.

OP
OP

dgerb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
The Tazer light definitely turns on when updating with the USB cable. Then it's plugged in to the cable ends that where plugged in to the hard to reach spot....actually the only way it can be plugged in. NO light turning on....I'm starting to wonder if something wrong with the SGW cable...however everything seems to work in the Jeep as far as I know. Not sure what SGW system does...

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The Tazer light definitely turns on when updating with the USB cable. Then it's plugged in to the cable ends that where plugged in to the hard to reach spot....actually the only way it can be plugged in. NO light turning on....I'm starting to wonder if something wrong with the SGW cable...however everything seems to work in the Jeep as far as I know. Not sure what SGW system does...
Have you looked if any Pins were bent removing cables. Bent pins want connect correctly. Just to make sure you are not using the SGW extension with Tazer ?

OP
OP

dgerb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
Have you looked if any Pins were bent removing cables. Bent pins want connect correctly. Just to make sure you are not using the SGW extension with Tazer ?
The Tazer pins are male...none are bent...the extension cable when plugged in the hard to reach connector has male pins, so Tazer can't be plugged in to that. The other cable ends that where plugged in to the hard to reach connector are female pins, this is plugged in to the Tazer. The wires look ok, but I'm wondering if something got messed up when pulling on the cable to remove it....😬

Kevin_S1126

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
@dgerb

I just messaged you with a video that tells/shows the deed..

NO reason to install the Tazer now..... the install will / can wait til you get the SGW Extension Cable.
Just remember to drive say 5 mph slower til you adjust for new tire size. 8-)

No sense dealing with the connectors more then you have to..

You can see release tabs in this pic of the Tazer JL plugged into the cables.

Jeep Wrangler JL Tazer Mini Install Tazer Layout.JPG

@Rhinebeck01, would you be so kind to share the video with me as well? Much appreciated
Sponsored