Tazer Mini 392

Iowa_Wrangler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Firecracker Red, 2022 392 On Order
If it does not "ghost" the OEM ECU, in my opinion, it would be a great programmer.

Of course maybe the final say would be left to Rhinebeck. He seems to be the expert. :like:

Sam
How would a person go about finding out if it "ghosts"?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
How would a person go about finding out if it "ghosts"?
@Iowa_Wrangler

The Tazer JL has been offered for 3 years approx... Many many guys/gals, have been running one for years. Many here on this forum are very very, Tazer JL, savvy.

Reality is a 392 equipped JLU is pretty much just another JL but with a different motor...

DON'T shoot yourself in the foot so to speak just seeking out Tazer JL related info, answer's on 392 threads here, and on 392 forums, etc..

Just research using the words Tazer JL Mini, Tazer JL, etc., as there is a wealth of info on this forum in regard to the Tazer JL. Yes, there is a lot to learn...

ALL info you find in your search will pertain to any JL/JLU/JT, regardless of the motor....

Also, do know, that Joe Z., the owner of ZAutomotive has a 392 and runs a Tazer JL Mini on it.... he personally tests his firmware on a 392, etc.. AND.... Joe is very into it so to speak..... and very very fussy in regard to firmware he releases, etc..

In closing...... research Tazer JL... also, even though you do not have a Tazer JL, yet.... DO read carefully the Tazer JL instructions over very carefully/thoroughly before you consider buying a Tazer JL.. You want to know you are up to lets say dealing with / using one...

https://www.zautomotive.com/zpu/instructions/TazerJLMiniUserGuide1127.pdf

For sure, if you buy a Tazer JL don't be foolish enough, not to RTFM before you do so....

......to not RTFM is pound foolish and in the end, may see you in a world of chitt, confusion, a no start situation, a driving mishap, an off roading issue, etc...

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
@Iowa_Wrangler

The Tazer JL has been offered for 3 years approx... Many many guys/gals, have been running one for years. Many here on this forum are very very, Tazer JL, savvy.

Reality is a 392 equipped JLU is pretty much just another JL but with a different motor...

DON'T shoot yourself in the foot so to speak just seeking out Tazer JL related info, answer's on 392 threads here, and on 392 forums, etc..

Just research using the words Tazer JL Mini, Tazer JL, etc., as there is a wealth of info on this forum in regard to the Tazer JL. Yes, there is a lot to learn...

ALL info you find in your search will pertain to any JL/JLU/JT, regardless of the motor....

Also, do know, that Joe Z., the owner of ZAutomotive has a 392 and runs a Tazer JL Mini on it.... he personally tests his firmware on a 392, etc.. AND.... Joe is very into it so to speak..... and very very fussy in regard to firmware he releases, etc..

In closing...... research Tazer JL... also, even though you do not have a Tazer JL, yet.... DO read carefully the Tazer JL instructions over very carefully/thoroughly before you consider buying a Tazer JL.. You want to know you are up to lets say dealing with / using one...

https://www.zautomotive.com/zpu/instructions/TazerJLMiniUserGuide1127.pdf

For sure, if you buy a Tazer JL don't be foolish enough, not to RTFM before you do so....

......to not RTFM is pound foolish and in the end, may see you in a world of chitt, confusion, a no start situation, a driving mishap, an off roading issue, etc...

You still seem to avoid the question. Is the Tazer programming completely erased when it is pulled out of the factory ECU and non traceable??? You have a plethora of knowledge regarding the Tazer. You should have the answer.

Thanks
Sam

ascuro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 1985 CJ7, 1975 CJ5
You still seem to avoid the question. Is the Tazer programming completely erased when it is pulled out of the factory ECU and non traceable??? You have a plethora of knowledge regarding the Tazer. You should have the answer.
As far as we all know (unless someone wants to decypher the JL software) the Tazer restores all factory settings and should be completely undetectable when unmarried. So far I haven't heard of anyone having any dealer or warranty issues due to using one.

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
As far as we all know (unless someone wants to decypher the JL software) the Tazer restores all factory settings and should be completely undetectable when unmarried. So far I haven't heard of anyone having any dealer or warranty issues due to using one.
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Sam

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Sam
Definitely converts back to setting prior to marrying. It saves copy of factory setting and converts back when unmarrying.
This is my opinion and only my opinion - I’m more worried dealer would overwrite the tazer if left married them I am it creates warranty issues :)

Viking Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJR. 2021 392 Wrangler.
I programmed force 2wd to the minus button on the cruise control. I cant tell a difference in driveabitliy most of the time. The 4 HI light goes out when in 2 wd. It will definitely spin the tires easy in 2wd.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Never tried

Was curious back then, but never actually tried it. I dont mind the stock setup and did not see enough upside to test it early on. Now after a year i dont even think about it.
My FAD is clicking. Thinking about bypassing it to see if it's the issue.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Usethis83

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
My FAD is clicking. Thinking about bypassing it to see if it's the issue.
The fad, at least on my 21' is not active, just a static fork cast into fad cover and in the locked position. Kinda corny. Perhaps yours may be damaged? Not sure if the newer ones are the same. So even if your did force 2wd i would expect it all to turn from the wheels and continue the noise. Couple bolts to remove cover may show something.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
The fad, at least on my 21' is not active, just a static fork cast into fad cover and in the locked position. Kinda corny. Perhaps yours may be damaged? Not sure if the newer ones are the same. So even if your did force 2wd i would expect it all to turn from the wheels and continue the noise. Couple bolts to remove cover may show something.
Thank you. I'll check it out.
Sponsored