Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Subaru owners have reached enlightenment. They are at permanent calm and restful awareness with their vehicles. They are one with Subaru.
I blame that on recreational pot becoming legalized across more of the country!
Sponsored

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Except you can rock crawl with a Bronco as well. Maybe not 100% like a Wrangler but plenty good. And still go fast over rough terrain.
The only place I see people drive fast off road is on sand dunes, or the desert. So the other 85% of the US, you are not driving fast. Plus off road is not a race track. Many of the places out west that people call trails are actually listed as legal roads and "fast" driving is unlawful. Just like Litebrite video. They were driving faster than they should have been. Those roads are often shared with SxS, ATV, mountain bikers, hikers and many other. So if you think you're going to go fast on the trail anywhere east of the Mississippi River. Good luck. Of course I would love to watch someone drive at 60+ mph at Windsock, Rausch Creek, Blue Hollow, Stoney Lonesome or on the trail on Drummond Island. Trails are not race tracks and by and large the people that treat them as such are usually looked down upon. Really the last thing I want to encounter on the trail is coming around a corner and meeting a 5,000 to 6,000 pound vehicle driving at high speeds.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

The only place I see people drive fast off road is on sand dunes, or the desert. So the other 85% of the US, you are not driving fast. Plus off road is not a race track. Many of the places out west that people call trails are actually listed as legal roads and "fast" driving is unlawful. Just like Litebrite video. They were driving faster than they should have been. Those roads are often shared with SxS, ATV, mountain bikers, hikers and many other. So if you think you're going to go fast on the trail anywhere east of the Mississippi River. Good luck. Of course I would love to watch someone drive at 60+ mph at Windsock, Rausch Creek, Blue Hollow, Stoney Lonesome or on the trail on Drummond Island. Trails are not race tracks and by and large the people that treat them as such are usually looked down upon. Really the last thing I want to encounter on the trail is coming around a corner and meeting a 5,000 to 6,000 pound vehicle driving at high speeds.
That's an excellent point. I've never been in the situation where I wished that I could drive faster on a trail than my Jeep allows.

A Bronco would most likely be more comfortable at the same speed. That might be a significant benefit as people get older, but I'll worry about that when I get to that point in my life.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Couldn’t resist could you………:CWL:

Jeep Wrangler JL "Subaru < Bronco < Jeep" C926E302-59CC-4B1A-B3A3-E1B70B89A061

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys 2 Door 6 speed
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
Glad someone said this. I'm seeing too many folks lately, out running roads and trails at racing speeds, and there have been accidents and injuries the last couple years.

Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Glad someone said this. I'm seeing too many folks lately, out running roads and trails at racing speeds, and there have been accidents and injuries the last couple years.
Yep. A group of us roll up on a head on collision on a dirt section of the Georgia Traverse. Thankfully no injuries.
A person in a vehilce btween us and the accident said that one vehicle involved was passing others and driving fast.

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys 2 Door 6 speed
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
Yep. A group of us roll up on a head on collision on a dirt section of the Georgia Traverse. Thankfully no injuries.
A person in a vehilce btween us and the accident said that one vehicle involved was passing others and driving fast.
For some reason, on dirt roads that are actually county roads here, there has been a shift in thinking the last couple years. It happened around the time of Covid when everyone and their brother descended on Idaho from every state of the union. It was a free for all of people in side by sides, quads and 4x4's running up and down mountain rough gravel roads at Pike's Peak qualifying speeds. Ignored and shot up speed limit signs, waving their middle fingers at anyone swerving and honking to avoid them, basically completely awful behavior. It's still out there in the side by side crowd.

I hate to point a finger at the large number of people that have moved here, but there's a correlation in the timing.

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
Lmao….Shooter….. right ?
That is it, Shooter. I was looking for a Gif of it but didn't look have the time to find one at work...

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
The Bronco forum thread got locked. :LOL:
Oh shoot NOW the contest has changed! Can we get our thread locked before them?
Sponsored