Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The Jeep in the last shot is a lifted Sahara.

A point that I haven’t seen discussed much is the fact that it is relatively easy —and affordable— to lift a solid axle; an IFS...not so much.

OP
OP
John VonJeep

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
The Jeep in the last shot is a lifted Sahara.

A point that I haven’t seen discussed much is the fact that it is relatively easy —and affordable— to lift a solid axle; an IFS...not so much.
Yeah, several random Jeeps throughout that video.

The Bronco getting stuck at 7:18 is just so sad.

Sponsored

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Yeah, that grill is something else. To each their own though. Building a Jeep that fits your needs and personality is one of the things that make them great.

No judgement here.

As far as the Bronco’s go, they are capable, and seem like a good fit for someone that likes amusement rides where you feel like you’re teetering on the edge of a drop. That moment where your stomach turns because your not sure your going to make it off the ride.

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
Calling that a grill is like calling a Jeep a car. It’s a Grumper! 😆

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
@2:17 when the weight shifts and it slams down on the front tire. That is why I am done wheeling with independent suspension. The Grumper Jeep shifts later, but there are a few differences. The Jeep was driven much faster, and still didn't flop as hard. Plus the Jeep can be fairly easily modified to have more articulation, whereas the Bronco is going to difficult to ever add more wheel travel.

Reactions: J0E

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Plus there are multiple Broncos. One has sway disco but don’t know if it was used. Some used no locker some one some two. I saw plenty of Jeep tire float but not as much as the Bronco.

Sponsored

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
Plus the Jeep can be fairly easily modified to have more articulation, whereas the Bronco is going to difficult to ever add more wheel travel.
Well, it's not difficult to lift IFS, but it is stupid expensive :)

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Well, it's not difficult to lift IFS, but it is stupid expensive :)
Lift, no. But to gain a measurable amount of wheel travel it is difficult and expensive. It usually requires a differential drop, new bracketry, longer A arms, coilovers or struts for increased travel, longer CV and steering, and wider fenders to cover the tires after everything is wider.

I'll stick with some springs, shocks, and a few control arms. Yes, you can go crazy with it and gain more. But I can get the same travel with a solid axle much easier. And end up with a vehicle that is more stable on trails.

Sorry that kind of turned into a rant, when you weren't even disagreeing with the statement. But I figured I would preemptively argue points against the Bronco fan boys that will flock to this thread to defend their pride.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Both my wife and I own wranglers. Probably will never own a Bronco. With that said, I would still love to get behind the wheel on and off road in one to reserve full judgment. I wonder how much better if feels on road than a wrangler.