First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I never understood the whole waving at people just because they drive a similar vehicle thing. How do you know they are someone you want to associate with? They could be a serial killer, or a kid-toucher or worse yet - a lifelong Republican or Democrat. But it's OK because they drive a Jeep? 🤷‍♂️

For me, waves are just like Xmas gifts at work. I don't give them. I don't want them. If I happen to get one, I do not reciprocate, in hopes that next time the giver will pass me by and annoy someone else.
You sound like a really fun guy to hit the trails with....
Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I never understood the whole waving at people just because they drive a similar vehicle thing. How do you know they are someone you want to associate with? They could be a serial killer, or a kid-toucher or worse yet - a lifelong Republican or Democrat. But it's OK because they drive a Jeep? 🤷‍♂️

For me, waves are just like Xmas gifts at work. I don't give them. I don't want them. If I happen to get one, I do not reciprocate, in hopes that next time the giver will pass me by and annoy someone else.
Careful, you'll upset the natives lol. Tribalism is the problem.

rubiria

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I have gotten a few waves and returned them. Don’t be exclusionary, welcome them. Same goes for motorcycles, I wave at everyone, I’ve got a big ass Harley bagger in the garage, but when I’m on my Honda and the guy on the Harley won’t wave back it’s not a good look. That guy thinks he’s better than me because he’s on a “real bike”. That guy is a tool, don’t be that guy.

I wave at anyone modified, anyone who waves first and all wranglers.
I love pulling up to fellow Jeep Owners on the Highway driving other cars, giving them either the nod or the usual Wave. Even on a Sportbike, I wave to everyone (including Harleys and Scooters, even the Can-Ams).

"All are welcome" in my book.

Sponsored

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Plus A8 & F8 Green
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
I’ve had a few jeeps throw me a wave. I always feel bad because they catch me off guard. I think the wave might be dying off. I’ve been out of the game since my 14JKUR. I guess I’ll tell when my 392 XR shows up.

7F023F3B-7D98-4679-BD7B-B1B407DD027C.jpeg

vegasblue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Modded whatever - I'll wave.
Stock - I wave back, but don't initiate.

Not being a judgemental fella, just talking percentages, stock drivers couldn't care less. So, it's a nod to the driver that I appreciate they take pride and interest in their rig or ride irregardless if it's my taste or not. I'd rather see a clapped out Autozone clad "thing" as pretty soon we will all be driving the same white....egg shaped....electric....autonomous... personal conveyance.

Sponsored

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
My $0.02, the Jeep Wave is actually the 'V' vets started for victory in WWII as they drove their now civilian Jeeps around.

Therefore, while I used to shaka, since I learned this history I now view the Jeep Wave as more of a salute. We're all keeping that tradition alive as we embrace a lifestyle of "jeeping". There's an inherant freedom in the Jeep. It takes a certain personality to love the Jeep.

That said, that mentality of freedom loving, fun having is found in other rigs. I'll genuinely wave at anyone enjoying life. Could be a Bronco, could be an XJ, could be a lowrider Impala.

Respect is not vehicle exclusive.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Had a new Bronco give me the Jeep wave today. It was lifted (Sasquatch likely), 35's and some Baja LP6's in the front bumper. Looked really sharp.

I gave him a thumbs up back. Feel a bit dirty over doing so. But figured in the divisive world we live in showing some camaraderie across brand loyalty was a good thing.

Thoughts?
Sure I'll wave, and wave back. We're all the same no matter the emblem on the front of our rigs.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
There's a lot more Wranglers nowadays but I try to wave as much as I can. I typically wave to the modified ones but not always to stockers just because there's too many. I always return the wave.

I probably need a robotic arm that just waves constantly.

ASMSAS

First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aviation
Had a new Bronco give me the Jeep wave today. It was lifted (Sasquatch likely), 35's and some Baja LP6's in the front bumper. Looked really sharp.

I gave him a thumbs up back. Feel a bit dirty over doing so. But figured in the divisive world we live in showing some camaraderie across brand loyalty was a good thing.

Thoughts?
Sometimes I forget I'm in our F150 and do The Wave at a nice looking Jeep. And then I'm confused why I don't get any love back until I look back inside at the dash - "oh yea..."

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired

You must be fun at parties!
Sponsored