Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

I wave to Jeeps all the time while driving our Chevy Equinox and say, “Jeep wave!” And my wife gets all mad and says, “we’re not in a jeep!” But I don’t care what she thinks. What does she know, she’s just a girl… 😂
Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I never have issues with solo riders waving back at me...cruiser or not. However, I do notice that Harley Riders in a group won't do it. Non-harley riders in a group will. It's odd...I wave at everyone lol.
There are often some in the group who will enjoyably make fun of those who do.

Fudster

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Me and my daughter wave to Broncos as we consider ourselves part of the off road community as a whole and our off roading club has all sorts of vehicle owners as members :)
/\ this.

We should wave at Broncos. And why we should comes as a product of why we wave to fellow Wrangler owners.

For me at least, the wave is not some secret handshake of a fellow Wrangler owning club member.

Rather, it's about showing respect for people with common interest to ours in a vehicle that provides the freedom to customize its appearance, functionality and adventures.

Broncos provide much of that too, and that's our common bond, not the presence or absence of 7 slots in the front.

My $0.02.

Last edited:

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
People wave. It’s s thing. when riding motorcycle we’re always waving at each other. Think the jeep wave is now just the SUV wave. See people in Prius wave at each other same with Tesla. Maybe it’s just people being nice.

Sponsored

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
I'm all good with waving to others in the off road community because of some shared bond... but then it's not a "Jeep wave." There is a very specific bond amongst Jeep owners: you own a Jeep. Not all Jeep owners are off roaders, but all Jeep owners own Jeeps! Hope that was clear. You have to take it as I meant it to understand it.

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 4xe Rubicon (Earl Gray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I don't discriminate :) I wave to all wranglers and gladiators.. and I wave to Broncos when I see them on the trails or forest service roads (not on the highway :D )

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
I don't discriminate :) I wave to all wranglers and gladiators.. and I wave to Broncos when I see them on the trails or forest service roads (not on the highway :D )
Same here, I'll wave to anybody on the trails. It's the highway where I discriminate my waving!

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
People wave. It’s s thing. when riding motorcycle we’re always waving at each other. Think the jeep wave is now just the SUV wave. See people in Prius wave at each other same with Tesla. Maybe it’s just people being nice.
True true. I was always taught to wave by my dad...especially when we would travel outside the city in rural areas. He grew up during a different time where there were only 2-lane highways, and people would wave as they passed each other. I still do this to anyone I pass on a 2-lane back road or in my neighborhood. However, once I get on the highway in Houston...I typically wave to Jeepers or motorcycles. Too many folks to wave to if I tried waving at everyone lol.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Sure, Jeep wave, blah blah whatever.
I also wave, give a thumbs up, or give a nod (if the driver's looking) to anything that is cleanly built and equipped to go off roading- including Broncos, 4 Runners, Tacomas, etc. It is a recognition that they have the same distinct taste (or disorder) that I do. Most of the Bronco drivers I saw on vacation returned the same. Either they're experienced connoisseurs of boxy 4x4's who know what's up and just updated, they're rookies jumping into the fold, or maybe just auto enthusiasts. Might as well welcome them.

Sponsored

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I’ve been at both ends of the recovery rope. I’m not particularly concerned about who I waved to and what they are driving.
Act like a prick? Expect to stay stuck.

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
I'm waiting for the OP to change his name to BroncoViking13.

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco