OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
I watched a Raptor trying to go up Poughkeepsie Gulch once. It was sorta comical. Apples and oranges. No real comparison to be had.

Pn221

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
When freeway driving in my raptor I am easily doing 90-100mph and it feels like I am only doing 60mph.

When driving at 60mph in my rubicon it sounds and feels like I am doing 100mph lolll.

Sponsored

Merlin28

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 JK Sahara builds , JL Rubicon, 95 XJ build
When freeway driving in my raptor I am easily doing 90-100mph and it feels like I am only doing 60mph.

When driving at 60mph in my rubicon it sounds and feels like I am doing 100mph lolll.
exactly haha apples to oranges... Even a chevy ZR2 rides wayyy better than a JL

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
The only problem I have with the Raptor is its size. It's an incredibly capable truck, but take it on virtually any trail up here in Colorado and say goodbye to the paint. Despite how much Ford will plaster decals along the sides of it, I couldn't justify taking a beautiful truck like that and pinstriping the holy hell out of it on even the most basic trail runs.

I'm curious to see what the Ranger Raptor can do.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
I did drive a 600 hp supercharged version, and I will say that it was a power house. But that’s just additional money to spend on top of the money to even buy the truck in the first place. At the end of the day, FCA will be answering with a competitor. Keep an eye out for it at the LA auto show this year................
Do you know something, or are we just guessing here? Because while I’d be ridiculously stoked about a JT abased raptor fighter - I just don’t see it happening. The SFA of the JT makes any high speed off-roading pretty sketchy - vulnerable as heck and just can’t react to terrain fast enough.

Merlin28

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 JK Sahara builds , JL Rubicon, 95 XJ build
The only problem I have with the Raptor is its size. It's an incredibly capable truck, but take it on virtually any trail up here in Colorado and say goodbye to the paint. Despite how much Ford will plaster decals along the sides of it, I couldn't justify taking a beautiful truck like that and pinstriping the holy hell out of it on even the most basic trail runs.

I'm curious to see what the Ranger Raptor can do.
Completely agree and ranger raptor will completely suck ... and be ugly. I would never by a ford anyway NEVER!

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
Do you know something, or are we just guessing here? Because while I’d be ridiculously stoked about a JT abased raptor fighter - I just don’t see it happening. The SFA of the JT makes any high speed off-roading pretty sketchy - vulnerable as heck and just can’t react to terrain fast enough.
He's referring to Fcas answer to the raptor.... But it's a ram, not a wrangler

Sponsored

OP
OP

Wdh777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hoping to get a JLL
Just looked at a raptor today and it is pretty cool. Like the 34 inch beadlock wheels. I’m never going to rock climb in it. But I do want to keep it for 5-10 years. Jeep may age better since it is so iconic. Raptor is huge particularly the 86 inch width that gives me pause living in an urban area. Not sure about reliability?

wooderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Don't forget the new Bronco is coming and it will perfectly fill the void for those who want a Raptor AND a Jeep's qualities. I've done two feedback sessions on it (a follow up yesterday) and I think it is going to be pretty sweet. It appears to borrow a few things from the Raptor.
Go on..... :)

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
Your assessment of Solid Axles is absolutely correct, and that’s not where I was steering this. I am referring to a Ram variant (or two) that will debut in LA. And no, I’m not some insider that knows more than everyone. But you sure can put 2 and 2 together with the typical FCA hints they drop all the time. This hint was too easy, and might as well be confirmed.

Berkfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
The 20k markup may have been valid a year or two ago but that is simply no longer the case if you take a minute to call around. There are several dealers advertising that they have raptors for msrp and many dealers have them in stock. Several on the raptor forums are reporting sales for 1-2k under msrp...
I can confirm this, my buddy got a Raptor few weeks ago for $1000 bellow MSRP

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your assessment of Solid Axles is absolutely correct, and that’s not where I was steering this. I am referring to a Ram variant (or two) that will debut in LA. And no, I’m not some insider that knows more than everyone. But you sure can put 2 and 2 together with the typical FCA hints they drop all the time. This hint was too easy, and might as well be confirmed.
That makes perfect sense - my head is so deep in Jeep that I forget FCA owns other brands!
Sponsored