Sponsored

Rubicon vs raptor

yell03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
We have a 2018 Raptor that’s fully loaded and love it. It has a lot of room, is very comfortable, and man does it make driving here in Puerto Rico a lot less stressful. We got it for MSRP, but due to being military, we also didn’t have to pay taxes on it here either, so all we paid was $495 for plates/registration.

This is our 3rd. We had a last gen model but the dealership decided to not tighten the lugs after an oil change and tire rotation and the wheel came off driving down the
Road and did over $10k worth of damage. So we let them buy it from us and replace it. But then we were stationed in the middle of nowhere, closest town over 20k was 2.5hrs, closest city was 3.5 and HQ was 5hrs. So the gas was killing us. So we traded it but always missed it. So when we found out baby 2 was on the way we sold the BMW and got back into one. It gets better in city mpg than my Scat Pack Challenger.

Next month I’m shipping my Challenger back to the States to sell so I can order a JLUR. I’ve been a Jeeper for a long time and miss having one. Long story short I sold my JKU before coming here because they said we couldn’t bring it. When we found out I could have it was too close to the JL release so I bout the Scat to play with until then. Well baby 2 pushed the Scat to garage duty. At 2 years it just rolled 8k miles!

But, both are nice vehicles. I can say the SYNC system works better than the UConnect. My Scat’s UConnect freezes frequently, phone won’t connecr, screen freezes even when you turn the car off, resets itself, etc. only SYNC issue I’ve had is the voice doesn’t always recognize my TX accented words.

But you also can’t beat being able to drop the top and doors and go cruising. Def a hard choice! I’m just lucky my wife loves the Raptor and I love a Jeep
I am still lucky to have my F-type, being 55 I don't have small kids that make practicality a necessity, on a nice day with the top down it is hard to beat the sound of that supercharged V8. It is the most pissed off sounding car I have ever owned and I have had them all from supercharged Mustangs, Corvettes, to Vipers.

If I could only keep one out of the three vehicles it would be the Jeep, I don't know why, but I just like it.
Sponsored

NOMAD-0311

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scat Pack Challenger
I am still lucky to have my F-type, being 55 I don't have small kids that make practicality a necessity, on a nice day with the top down it is hard to beat the sound of that supercharged V8. It is the most pissed off sounding car I have ever owned and I have had them all from supercharged Mustangs, Corvettes, to Vipers.

If I could only keep one out of the three vehicles it would be the Jeep, I don't know why, but I just like it.
Me too. My Scat Pack is stupid fast, but I just don’t have the love for it like I have had for my Jeeps. I’m counting down the days until I can get back in one

yell03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
Me too. My Scat Pack is stupid fast, but I just don’t have the love for it like I have had for my Jeeps. I’m counting down the days until I can get back in one
Days sounds like what it will be, you got the bug

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I saw the Jeep pickup at the LA Car Show. Meh. It's grown even larger than the Unlimited. They need to figure out how to compete with the 1/2 ton pickup engine power. Until then, I think they will be playing second fiddle to the 1/2 tons with V8s.

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I saw the Jeep pickup at the LA Car Show. Meh. It's grown even larger than the Unlimited. They need to figure out how to compete with the 1/2 ton pickup engine power. Until then, I think they will be playing second fiddle to the 1/2 tons with V8s.
Why would they need to compete with half-tons? It's a mid-size truck. It'll be competing with (and failing against) the Tacoma, Colorado, and Ranger.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Why would they need to compete with half-tons? It's a mid-size truck. It'll be competing with (and failing against) the Tacoma, Colorado, and Ranger.
It's not really even competing directly with them. It's competing with the Tacoma TRD Pro and the Colorado ZR2. It's a niche vehicle.