Found out the other day that if you open front and rear doors at the same time the step will not deploy!
I installed mine myself and it took about 6 hours. Had to remove one as the motor failed and it came off in an hour. Seems that once the body mounts are loosened, just have to take out the 4 body bracket bolts and the 6 body seam bolts they come off easy and leave the body brackets on the JeepLabor for install is $800 around here. I've checked several places and they're all the same. So having to pay even half the labor AGAIN, isn't a realistic option for the vast majority.
This has been at the top of list of next mods. I get that there are probably plenty of people that have had great success with RSE. But there are sufficient people with issues that I have to pause. There is really only one other similar product out there, but the reviews for survivability when using it as an actual slider aren't that great.
I have an early 18 build and those had a few breaking I guess. I installed mine and I did not have the issue. I used a good old fashion socket with a SMALL breaker bar and went slow. I did mine before anyone reported a single bolt to break so I did not know any better. I assume doing it my way vs an impact wrench that is what saved my a$$.For those of you who installed these themself, how hard was it to loosen the body mounting bolts? I have heard of these braking.
Yes I am sure it did. A little back and forth help with the bar I am sure.I have an early 18 build and those had a few breaking I guess. I installed mine and I did not have the issue. I used a good old fashion socket with a SMALL breaker bar and went slow. I did mine before anyone reported a single bolt to break so I did not know any better. I assume doing it my way vs an impact wrench that is what saved my a$$.
I use there silicone spray about every few washes on all the moving parts. Seems to be the best solution for snowy and ice areas. My first winter I had your same problem.About a month ago I rode thru some crazy deep water/ice/mud puddles late at night. When I woke up in the morning, the Jeep was one huge mud ice ball. Surprisingly, the driver side step came down and worked perfectly. However, the passenger side was frozen. The next day when I had some time, I scraped all the ice out of the seams where the step would deploy. Nothing. Didn’t work. I pulled it down by hand and it wouldn’t extend all the way. When I closed the door it did nothing. I took some PB penetrator and sprayed the crap out of all the joints. After helping the step up and down a few times, it worked. I honestly thought it was shot. Overall, I’ve been very happy with them.