Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4Xe - ordered, 2019 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber security
well as a first mod i chose to go with these lights. I was doing some research while waiting for the Jeep being built and thought will take one easy mod a time. completely forgot that you need to take the steel bumper off for this and about the grinding issue and now about the harness issue.

guess it wasnt the right one for the first mod lol. anyway, eagerly waiting on the lights and the harness and will report back on how the install goes
Sponsored

BilletMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Billet Silver
Has anyone tried to connect these to Quake LED qte 558 smoked taillights? Their wiring diagram does not match the wires that are actually used in the light fixture and they’re totally different from the Mopar wire colors.
FF2493B5-555E-4065-9CFD-0408C1027B00.jpeg
0A1E99B9-A99B-4034-A540-2F9BDA6A799A.jpeg
Update: it's long.
I purchased @Oracle Lighting 5874-504 Rear Bumper LED Reverse Lights last year. I waited to install them, longer than I should have. Later Oracle released a plug-and-play wiring harness to ease the wiring connections further. I purchased this in advance of my eventual install. When it was first shipped, they were shipped with wire ends that did not match the instructions. It was determined that those were for the JT Gladiator. I returned the incorrectly wired ones in exchange for the correct ones.

When I went to install the lights, the wiring harness was found to be useless. It was meant for connecting to trailer wiring harness, but my JLU did not come with factory tow hitch or trailer wiring. There was no documentation to describe that the Oracle harness would only work with trailer wiring. $40 down the drain since I waited some time to attempt my install.

When attempting to install the lights, I could not get the included tTaps to connect, they were made poorly and did not allow for the spade end of the wires to be inserted into the plastic body. I purchased new tTaps from the hardware store and attempted the connection again. I finished the connection on one side (left) and found that the light illuminated but flickered intermittently before going dark completely. Without expert knowledge of lighting and circuitry, I turned to a professional installer, Truck Trends in Champaign. Truck Trends completed the wiring on the second light (right side) but when I went to pick up the Jeep, the same light-to-dark phenomenon occurred (now on both sides). I took the JLU back to Truck Trends the next week when their wiring expert was going to be in the shop. He spent the day troubleshooting the problem, including calling Oracle and QuakeLED to talk through the issue. He told me that Oracle revealed to him that this is a common problem and the only ways to solve it are to connect to the factory tow wiring or to install an aftermarket controller (Tazer). None of this was disclosed by Oracle as possible issues/complications with the install of these lights. The Oracle rep also told him that we could solve the problem by reinstalling the factory halogen taillights but replacing the reverse bulb in the taillights with an LED bulb; the wiring expert countered this by sharing my aftermarket QuakeLED taillights (QTE 558 taillights, purchased through Quadratec and have worked perfectly since first day they were installed) were all LED so that was definitely not a problem nor a potential solution. The Oracle rep agreed with this and moved away from this line of suggestion.

To say I am disappointed is an understatement. I now have to pull my bumper back off again to remove the non-functional Oracle lights and reinstall my lame red reflectors. And I will continue to suffer through poor lighting while reversing my Jeep.

I would feel better if Oracle took back the lights and the wiring harness and issued me a refund for my purchase, but I would also like them to disclose that it is not possible to connect the lights to the taillights (even though their instructions and other videos attempt to demonstrate that connection works just fine). I have reached out to them for comment.

In the meantime, I could not be happier with the service at Truck Trends in Champaign. They were responsive and went above and beyond to try to solve this problem. I would happily take my rig there for future projects.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Love this idea. Could you make one to fit the jack cutout on the ARB Biondi too. I would line up to buy that one. I am replacing my tail lights, and need to relocate reverse. This would be the perfect location.

Untitled 2.png
Update: it's long.
I purchased @Oracle Lighting 5874-504 Rear Bumper LED Reverse Lights last year. I waited to install them, longer than I should have. Later Oracle released a plug-and-play wiring harness to ease the wiring connections further. I purchased this in advance of my eventual install. When it was first shipped, they were shipped with wire ends that did not match the instructions. It was determined that those were for the JT Gladiator. I returned the incorrectly wired ones in exchange for the correct ones.

When I went to install the lights, the wiring harness was found to be useless. It was meant for connecting to trailer wiring harness, but my JLU did not come with factory tow hitch or trailer wiring. There was no documentation to describe that the Oracle harness would only work with trailer wiring. $40 down the drain since I waited some time to attempt my install.

When attempting to install the lights, I could not get the included tTaps to connect, they were made poorly and did not allow for the spade end of the wires to be inserted into the plastic body. I purchased new tTaps from the hardware store and attempted the connection again. I finished the connection on one side (left) and found that the light illuminated but flickered intermittently before going dark completely. Without expert knowledge of lighting and circuitry, I turned to a professional installer, Truck Trends in Champaign. Truck Trends completed the wiring on the second light (right side) but when I went to pick up the Jeep, the same light-to-dark phenomenon occurred (now on both sides). I took the JLU back to Truck Trends the next week when their wiring expert was going to be in the shop. He spent the day troubleshooting the problem, including calling Oracle and QuakeLED to talk through the issue. He told me that Oracle revealed to him that this is a common problem and the only ways to solve it are to connect to the factory tow wiring or to install an aftermarket controller (Tazer). None of this was disclosed by Oracle as possible issues/complications with the install of these lights. The Oracle rep also told him that we could solve the problem by reinstalling the factory halogen taillights but replacing the reverse bulb in the taillights with an LED bulb; the wiring expert countered this by sharing my aftermarket QuakeLED taillights (QTE 558 taillights, purchased through Quadratec and have worked perfectly since first day they were installed) were all LED so that was definitely not a problem nor a potential solution. The Oracle rep agreed with this and moved away from this line of suggestion.

To say I am disappointed is an understatement. I now have to pull my bumper back off again to remove the non-functional Oracle lights and reinstall my lame red reflectors. And I will continue to suffer through poor lighting while reversing my Jeep.

I would feel better if Oracle took back the lights and the wiring harness and issued me a refund for my purchase, but I would also like them to disclose that it is not possible to connect the lights to the taillights (even though their instructions and other videos attempt to demonstrate that connection works just fine). I have reached out to them for comment.

In the meantime, I could not be happier with the service at Truck Trends in Champaign. They were responsive and went above and beyond to try to solve this problem. I would happily take my rig there for future projects.

Sending you a PM!

cweems1224

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
Just installed the LED bumper reverse lights today with the plug in play into the Oracle smoked LED taillights(had factory halogen). The bumper lights come on for 2-3 seconds, then go right back off. They’ll flash a few times then just go out completely. All connections are seated good.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Just installed the LED bumper reverse lights today with the plug in play into the Oracle smoked LED taillights(had factory halogen). The bumper lights come on for 2-3 seconds, then go right back off. They’ll flash a few times then just go out completely. All connections are seated good.
Hey! Call us today and our technical team can walk you throughs some troubleshooting.

Sponsored

Keneds

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JL Willys
Vehicle Showcase
I just picked up my 2022 Willys and realized I don’t have the reflectors / recess to install these lights. Are there any other options?

9FFAC5EA-AA3F-4A0A-B3AD-EFEA40E62A3A.jpeg

JeffK

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Ram 2500 5.9 2019 JLU Rubicon
I just picked up my 2022 Willys and realized I don’t have the reflectors / recess to install these lights. Are there any other options?

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Bumper Integrated LED Reverse Lights 9FFAC5EA-AA3F-4A0A-B3AD-EFEA40E62A3A
I went with the rigid ignite backup light kit, since Oracle didn't have anything back in 2019.

rear lights.jpg

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed

Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Bumper Integrated LED Reverse Lights B4D2DC51-8A48-4288-841C-8BB18DD734E7
You could always change out the tail lights! They come with high powered LED Reverse Lights! ;)

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
You could always change out the tail lights! They come with high powered LED Reverse Lights! ;)
I did mine with the Oracles and they are awesome!

But I'm adding BD Squadrons too just to be over the top, but they will be on an aux switch not tied in to the tail lights.

DDESLAU

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Alright so time was not on my side, but finally did the lights with a tow hitch plug harness.attached before and after pictures.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Bumper Integrated LED Reverse Lights B4D2DC51-8A48-4288-841C-8BB18DD734E7

Like the idea of the tow hitch plug harness. Do you happen to have a link for this and/or description of how you did it?
Sponsored