tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
I'd much rather have them all white for the extra brightness in reverse. My brake lights are plenty bright already.
Agreed
Sponsored

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
is there an ETA on these?

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
We will release more details and an ETA when available! Thanks for the excitement :like:

Sponsored

RRCastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JULR, plus too many others...!
Anxiously awaiting! I'll hold off on making my own - despite having already purchased all of the necessary parts!

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
We appreciate the continued enthusiasm! With the final adjustments now made we are going to be building prototype parts for beta testing before opening molds. There is a possibility of doing a group buy if there is interest. Just want to be sure we explain that manufacturing takes a while, tooling, processing, assembly, etc all while following our Control Plan and taking the correct QC steps along the way will take some time.

A few things to note:

1) We were able to design to install without having to drill any holes. Even though the bumper was not designed to have a cable outlet we were able to use an existing port for the cable to exit.

2) Power can be pulled from the reverse lights or aux switch not both (unless you have some wiring knowledge and use diodes). To get power from the reverse light the cable whip can easily be routed to the tail lamp on either side. The cable routing is very simple. The + and - wires will need to be tapped to get power from the factory tail light.

3) Tools needed for the installation: 7mm socket with swivel adapter.

4) Anticipated installation time: Less than 1 Hour.

Any other questions let us know!

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
We appreciate the continued enthusiasm! With the final adjustments now made we are going to be building prototype parts for beta testing before opening molds. There is a possibility of doing a group buy if there is interest. Just want to be sure we explain that manufacturing takes a while, tooling, processing, assembly, etc all while following our Control Plan and taking the correct QC steps along the way will take some time.

A few things to note:

1) We were able to design to install without having to drill any holes. Even though the bumper was not designed to have a cable outlet we were able to use an existing port for the cable to exit.

2) Power can be pulled from the reverse lights or aux switch not both (unless you have some wiring knowledge and use diodes). To get power from the reverse light the cable whip can easily be routed to the tail lamp on either side. The cable routing is very simple. The + and - wires will need to be tapped to get power from the factory tail light.

Again, would prefer a customer selectable installation regarding used as an auxiliary light (tied to a switch) or a dedicated backup light (automatically comes on when backing up)
Thanks!

Sponsored

Monkeynono

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

A few things to note:

Would a relay not work to be able to use both (aux and reverse)

Nutmeg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
Like the idea, interested to see the final product.

As an FYI this has worked for me. My JL has the auxiliary switches / towing package. When I wired my current auxiliary backup light I used a roadmaster diode.

https://www.amazon.com/Roadmaster-7...HSJ5V0Z3HES&psc=1&refRID=F6Q1MTM8FHSJ5V0Z3HES

One input was tied to an auxiliary switch output and the other input was tied into the backup light feed of the tow package wiring. This gives me automatic rear auxiliary lighting powered off the independently fused tow wiring and the ability to activate on demand from the auxiliary switch.

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
Like the idea, interested to see the final product.

As an FYI this has worked for me. My JL has the auxiliary switches / towing package. When I wired my current auxiliary backup light I used a roadmaster diode.

https://www.amazon.com/Roadmaster-7...HSJ5V0Z3HES&psc=1&refRID=F6Q1MTM8FHSJ5V0Z3HES

One input was tied to an auxiliary switch output and the other input was tied into the backup light feed of the tow package wiring. This gives me automatic rear auxiliary lighting powered off the independently fused tow wiring and the ability to activate on demand from the auxiliary switch.
Yes, that is perfect for using these lights as both backup and using an AUX switch. Thank you!

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager

A few things to note:

Sounds good, keep us posted for updates.
I'm sure everyone on this post would be very interested in a group buy.

Thanks For The Information