JDinSOCal

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKUR Anvil, '17 4Runner TRD
Vehicle Showcase
I decided today, after reading the ‘bad welds’ thread, to cancel my order. I’ve been dying for a fully loaded, sting-gray Rubi since I first laid eyes on them, and I think about it day and night, but I just can’t do it right now.

The issue, for me, is the trouble I see, and, have personally experienced in test drives. I’ve driven a couple of JLs and all had vague steering. I chalked it up to a Jeep being a Jeep until I saw all of the threads and posts here and elsewhere. On one of the test drives, I took a JL Rubi on a stretch of highway where I could open it up and it was insane trying to keep it straight and to keep correcting it. People are sending letters to the NHTSA over frame welds. Nav/audio systems are going nuts. Fans sound like jets with fully opened throttles. Soft-tops are wearing easily. Hardtops have clips breaking. Turbos are burning to the ground after being built and a sock is supposed to fix it. Jeeps are randomly shutting themselves off while driving. Meanwhile, FCA keeps jacking up the price.

I want a JL. I NEED a JL. But I just can’t justify buying one right now. I’m just going to wait it out and see what the late model versions and the 19s have to offer.

If I’m wrong, change my mind. Please, seriously, do it. If you agree with me, what can we do to get @JeepCares to take these issues seriously and produce a higher quality vehicle, worthy of a $50k+ price tag, in the coming months?
3000 miles and going strong not one issue and couldn't be happier.
Sponsored

Xingpao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
There are absolutely some problems that Jeep should fix and some upgrades of plastic, in particular, that they should never have gone cheap on. I do not have high hopes that waiting will help much.

Unless you ordered a turbo... haha

RubiconZ

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I decided today, after reading the ‘bad welds’ thread, to cancel my order. I’ve been dying for a fully loaded, sting-gray Rubi since I first laid eyes on them, and I think about it day and night, but I just can’t do it right now.

The issue, for me, is the trouble I see, and, have personally experienced in test drives. I’ve driven a couple of JLs and all had vague steering. I chalked it up to a Jeep being a Jeep until I saw all of the threads and posts here and elsewhere. On one of the test drives, I took a JL Rubi on a stretch of highway where I could open it up and it was insane trying to keep it straight and to keep correcting it. People are sending letters to the NHTSA over frame welds. Nav/audio systems are going nuts. Fans sound like jets with fully opened throttles. Soft-tops are wearing easily. Hardtops have clips breaking. Turbos are burning to the ground after being built and a sock is supposed to fix it. Jeeps are randomly shutting themselves off while driving. Meanwhile, FCA keeps jacking up the price.

I want a JL. I NEED a JL. But I just can’t justify buying one right now. I’m just going to wait it out and see what the late model versions and the 19s have to offer.

If I’m wrong, change my mind. Please, seriously, do it. If you agree with me, what can we do to get @JeepCares to take these issues seriously and produce a higher quality vehicle, worthy of a $50k+ price tag, in the coming months?
Every product has a few issues. Few of my favorite sayings follow: don’t be a huge baby! Put up or shut up! Do/or watch others Do! Man up! YOLO

23122EAF-024A-4577-8F65-1D6287AD8884.jpeg

E901718E-9522-4A5E-83C2-454829BE52D1.jpeg

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Every product has a few issues. Few of my favorite sayings follow: don’t be a huge baby! Put up or shut up! Do/or watch others Do! Man up! YOLO

23122EAF-024A-4577-8F65-1D6287AD8884.jpeg

E901718E-9522-4A5E-83C2-454829BE52D1.jpeg
On the other hand, not having another Jeep payment frees up a lot of YOLO money.

Sponsored

DivingPyrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Musle Cars Shopping for a Jeep
the issues I have seen so far do not make me hesitate to buy
check for welds
drive on the interstate to make sure steering is tight
pull the trigger
I have to wait until end of year, but if I could buy today I would.
My fear is having to wait, the tariff wars are going make cars and parts go through the roof

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
My father owned the Jeep Model 51
And my brother as well .. And I also owned a number not bad
All of us have had problems. But we are convinced that there is nothing man-made to be perfect. My decision is with Jeep

By the way, see the issues and reform section. Most of these problems have been almost eliminated
This is admirable

For me I wait for the JL 2 door 3.0L 6-Cylinder Turbo EcoDiesel Engine
Wait with me to get a big win
like.gif

First Name
Basil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Safari Unlimited, 2017 Corvette Z06
LOL, here come all of the ‘mine is awesome’ guys. Haha.

I guess because you got lucky, I screwed up, right?
Nope just think you need to look at all sides...i for one have almost 9,000 miles on my JLU Sahara I picked up in April.
No major issues, did the Cruise control recall and so happy I got my first Wrangler...hands down a fun daily driver for me.

Sponsored

fcnacht1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S

I am a first time Wrangler owner. Got my JLU 4dr 1 month ago AND I LOVVE IT!!!!!
I thought steering was a bit squirly at first but just chalked it up to my inexperience behind the wheel of a Jeep. Now I dont even notice it. 1500 miles in less than a month - no issues! My 18 and 12 year old daughters called it really cool - even my wife likes it and she could care less about any car. It's early yet but so far best vehicle I have ever purchased!

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I've had mine for 3 months. Aside from the HORRENDOUS steering/handling I haven't had one other issue with mine. Not one. And my handling issue was largely resolved after they flashed my PCM with new software.

I do have some complaints with the JL, but none of them relate to quality or actual defects.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I was forcing myself to buy now buy now. But My wife convinced me to wait til Early 2019 to take advantage of my good Presidents new tax plan which should give me more money for having my 2 awesome kids. In a way its a blessing in disguise because I think they will get some things worked out.

Steering and the reports I've seen of Jeeps just shutting down or not starting is what have me worried. I have a dealer near me who I shit you not, still has (4) 2017 Saharas they are practically trying to give away. Brand new on the lot. Very Tempting not to just grab one of those. I think the reason no one is buying is because they are the black/saddle interior which I have to admit is kind of ugly.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager

Do what's right for you. Your spending a lot of money and should feel comfortable. I had a 1998 Wrangler and my ex-wife hated it and I got rid of it. Here I am ready to buy a new vehicle and I hear jeep is coming out with a diesel. I have a Chevy 2500 Diesel and it has been the best truck in the world. Bought it new. Kids are all grown up and out of the house, so my current wife said get whatever you want.

She drives a Mercedes, so if we want a nice quite ride we have her SUV. If we want to go off roading we take the truck, but now I want to get a jeep. I see the same things you do and it concerns me too. I am hoping the 2019s are better, but I am willing to take a chance. Just hope when I order mine it isn't built on a Monday!

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Do what's right for you. Your spending a lot of money and should feel comfortable. I had a 1998 Wrangler and my ex-wife hated it and I got rid of it. Here I am ready to buy a new vehicle and I hear jeep is coming out with a diesel. I have a Chevy 2500 Diesel and it has been the best truck in the world. Bought it new. Kids are all grown up and out of the house, so my current wife said get whatever you want.

She drives a Mercedes, so if we want a nice quite ride we have her SUV. If we want to go off roading we take the truck, but now I want to get a jeep. I see the same things you do and it concerns me too. I am hoping the 2019s are better, but I am willing to take a chance. Just hope when I order mine it isn't built on a Monday!
Not to go off track but my Silverado Classic 2500HD with Duramax/Allison has also been the BEST damn vehicle i have ever owned. IN fact I'm Trading it in to get my JEEP and have serious GUILT doing so :( but with price of jeeps theres no way I can afford both.
Sponsored