Sponsored

Some colors cancelled?

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
@JeepCares : Oilburner is looking for a personal phone call every month so that you can walk him though the changes in order-able color options in your order guides. Can you do that?
You are absolutely right. It should be just fine to publish the May order guide for the Wrangler (weeks late) & list Billet Silver as available when it is not. Also a fine business practice to just not have a May order guide for the Gladiator at all. Then there is all the talk from dealers creating fog about when 2022 models can be ordered/produced. Clearly my expectations are too high - I need to check my 'customer privilege'.
Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
You are absolutely right. It should be just fine to publish the May order guide for the Wrangler (weeks late) & list Billet Silver as available when it is not. Also a fine business practice to just not have a May order guide for the Gladiator at all. Then there is all the talk from dealers creating fog about when 2022 models can be ordered/produced. Clearly my expectations are too high - I need to check my 'customer privilege'.
As long as I don't have to do a Pronoun Search, we're good

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
I am just pulling your frog leg Oilburner. I just remember when I bought my first TJ I had two look far and wide for the options I wanted. Factory order may have been a possibility back then but if it was, I couldn't find a single dealer who would even talk to me about anything more than what they had on their lots. Fastforward 20 years and I find that there were opportunities to order something at all and dealers were game! What an amazing thing Jeep now offers!

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Oh great, Jeep is getting rid of 2 actual colors and adding YET ANOTHER shade of gray. Glad I got my Punk'n orange when I did. Not like I was really considering letting it go anytime soon. I just like to know i have options for colors other than Black, white, Red, and 12542164375584679542412`1 shades of gray.

Earl and Sting Gray are both nice, but we don't need BOTH at the same time.

Twojayhawks

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Occupation
business owner
The website isn’t there to show what you can order, the website is there to let you build a Jeep and find a similar one on a dealer lot.
I'm not giving them a pass for the site not being accurate. They have the people/resources to keep it up to the minute updated. I used the site to build my Wrangler & went to my dealer with props in hand to order.

Sponsored

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I'm not giving them a pass for the site not being accurate. They have the people/resources to keep it up to the minute updated. I used the site to build my Wrangler & went to my dealer with props in hand to order.
Well, really the dealer should be working with people and basing the build off of the order guides that Jeep releases. I feel like the average Jeep buyer probably isn’t even aware they can custom order one, and it’s no good if they pick something that isn’t available to buy. Most dealers won’t even tell you that one can be ordered and want you to buy one from the lot. I will agree that the process can be a bit disjointed though.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Jeep is not going to get rid of silver altogether. It is one of the most popular colors.

If Billet is gone, you can be sure there will be some other type of silver.
Right, silvers always sell REALLY well. I'm shocked that Billet is going away, but that lends even more credibility to the idea that Earl Grey will replace it, via Mark Allen's comments in a recent interview this week.

Personally, while I feel that Jeep needs more variety, I do like the Earl color. It's really neat.

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
I even had a look for a billet silver one when my Willys got rear ended. I always liked them. Now I find out I would've been f'd. Glad I picked sarge again, then.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
It shows Billiet Silver is not available with painted tops unless it is a sold order. That's for US.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
It shows Billiet Silver is not available with painted tops unless it is a sold order. That's for US.
Oh, it's just not available at all in Canada. You know about that when you reach your dealer, of course. But it still says it's available on Jeep's website.

That's the moment when your dealer goes "god damn website".

Last edited:

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Oooh. Does that mean my Billet Silver will become "rare" and when I go to sell my Jeep on Craigslist I can post "NO LOWBALLERS I KNOW WHAT I HAVE"?

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
Oooh. Does that mean my Billet Silver will become "rare" and when I go to sell my Jeep on Craigslist I can post "NO LOWBALLERS I KNOW WHAT I HAVE"?
You can. But a wize man once said you never lowball for a Wrangler anyway. No matter what are the specs.

Sam_Ca

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Oh, it's just not available at all in Canada. You know about that when you reach your dealer, of course. But it still says it's available on Jeep's website.

That's the moment when your dealer goes "god damn website".
Exactly. I told my dealer silver is it not available anymore. He said he can order it, gave deposit đź’µ, he called two days later like a loser. Now ordered boring granite. At least I am glad I changed the interior from brown to black. Anyway we only have boring colors in Canada for 4xe.
Sponsored