Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Statement from SEMA about the 2020 SEMA Show

DIAMOND BAR, Calif. (August 5, 2020) --
SEMA, the Specialty Equipment Market Association, announced today that due to Covid-19 and concerns that event facilities and services will be unavailable, the SEMA Show will not be taking place in 2020.

While both event organizers and industry members have been working tirelessly to deliver an outstanding SEMA Show in November, mounting uncertainty has rendered continuing with the event inadvisable. SEMA expects the decision will bring much needed clarity to an uncertain picture and will help exhibitors, attendees and partners plan accordingly.

Recent SEMA Show survey results indicated interest in a possible virtual tradecshow with related live elements. SEMA will be working with industry members to determine interest levels on specific alternatives.

“The SEMA Show is committed to furthering businesses in the automotive specialty equipment market, and to providing manufacturers and buyers with the best opportunity to connect, promote new products and discover new trends,” said Chris Kersting, SEMA president and CEO. “We appreciate the spirit, hard work and innovation our industry puts into the SEMA Show each year. While we are disappointed circumstances prevent us from hosting the Show in November, we look forward to getting everyone together in 2021 for another outstanding event.”

Full refunds for SEMA Show exhibitor booth deposits and attendee registration fees will be issued.
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i'm not surprise that sema was cancelled as with all the other big shows that have been cancelled thru out the year. its been a screwed up year with everything being cancelled. hopefully 2021 will be better. but i have a feeling we are running into the same $h*t that we are in now,

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
CES 2021 was moved to digital-only last month, and Google has extended their work-at-home advisory into summer 2021.

On a positive note, seems that wheeling is reasonably open and should stay that way (though Oceano dunes are still closed).

Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Yeah, if there's one thing I learned in 2020, it's that 'avoid it like the plague' was an oxymoron lol. People like gathering together sooo.. yeaaah...

Spaced out outdoor gatherings are cool, so of course wheeling is ok! <3

Man one of my favorite bay area -> las vegas roadtrips was for SEMA back in the day.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Statement from SEMA about the 2020 SEMA Show

DIAMOND BAR, Calif. (August 5, 2020) --
SEMA, the Specialty Equipment Market Association, announced today that due to Covid-19 and concerns that event facilities and services will be unavailable, the SEMA Show will not be taking place in 2020.

While both event organizers and industry members have been working tirelessly to deliver an outstanding SEMA Show in November, mounting uncertainty has rendered continuing with the event inadvisable. SEMA expects the decision will bring much needed clarity to an uncertain picture and will help exhibitors, attendees and partners plan accordingly.

Recent SEMA Show survey results indicated interest in a possible virtual tradecshow with related live elements. SEMA will be working with industry members to determine interest levels on specific alternatives.

“The SEMA Show is committed to furthering businesses in the automotive specialty equipment market, and to providing manufacturers and buyers with the best opportunity to connect, promote new products and discover new trends,” said Chris Kersting, SEMA president and CEO. “We appreciate the spirit, hard work and innovation our industry puts into the SEMA Show each year. While we are disappointed circumstances prevent us from hosting the Show in November, we look forward to getting everyone together in 2021 for another outstanding event.”

Full refunds for SEMA Show exhibitor booth deposits and attendee registration fees will be issued.
Not surprised, it seems Americans are unable to act like adults, and so we get continued uncertainty and events closed out for the foreseeable future.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Was talking to a friend the other day thats involved with a sema build. I was like, i dont think its going to happen this year. He said yeah its happening.

lol

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Would be curious how they'd do it virtually. I know that for some shows for other things that have done a virtual show they still sold tickets which may be a way to still get a revenue for it, but they would go to location to location and just have a time when they would be showing off that particular companies products coming out. I know I was looking forward to seeing what @Metalcloak, @TeraFlex, @Dynatrac, @Rigid Industries, @PoisonSpyderCustoms, @Bestop, @RockKrawler, and a few others. Regardless the safer way to do it.

Sponsored

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Well at least we won’t have to see a bunch of aev products that will never hit the market.
Heard the snorkel is coming out soon but haven’t heard much from AEV.

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I heard the bumper was coming out 2 years ago
I went with ARB, otherwise have been sticking with @poisonspydercustoms. Looking forward to their new parts coming this year and next spring.