Cancelled upgrades

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
Anyone else like me has cancelled their planned upgrades, in light of the new upcoming content battle by Jeep vs Ford?
I had planned new rims, tires, bumpers, rock rails, roof rack. Now I am waiting a year or more to see what the future brings for MY21-22.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Not me. I only upgraded tires and that’s it. I had decided not to mod my JL too much to avoid issues with the dealer while it’s under warranty.

I admit it’s fun to enjoy a stock Jeep!

Jeep Wrangler JL Cancelled upgrades 4B5A75A7-C129-4E15-9EB7-CC1F2A2615C5

Wandering Zed

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon - White
Occupation
Quality Management
Anyone else like me has cancelled their planned upgrades, in light of the new upcoming content battle by Jeep vs Ford?
I had planned new rims, tires, bumpers, rock rails, roof rack. Now I am waiting a year or more to see what the future brings for MY21-22.
Nah. Not a Ford guy.

Sponsored

OP
OP
xray

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
Just to be clear, I am not interested in the Bronco, but the change in lineup as Jeep’s response. If suddenly I can get factory rims, 35”, fox shocks and a V8 for 10k more, that’s my budget right there, but with more content.

I want to benefit financially from Ford’s war with Jeep.

aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Just to be clear, I am not interested in the Bronco, but the change in lineup as Jeep’s response. If suddenly I can get factory rims, 35”, fox shocks and a V8 for 10k more, that’s my budget right there, but with more content.

My guess, and it's nothing but a guess... is that FCA will take a wait and see approach while they wait for preliminary Bronco sales numbers. Then they might make changes if needed...

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase

I will admit, I am a bit excited to see a V8, but at this point, I don't think I will ever get rid of mine to start over or play the exchange of parts game. I hope a CA legal kit will come out of this some how... or wait for somebody to wrap one up and I can get it for a donor take the power train out of it for a legal conversion. At the end of day, it's all about how much they plan to sell them for.

Sponsored

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Not me, I am building my jeep and have zero interest in stopping now. Oh, zero interest in the new Bronco although I kinda like the styling.
Sponsored