Noob with JScan....tips?

actionplus

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
LED fogs are easy, just one setting to change...
Front Fog Lamps Present On/Off = “Active”
Found it. So I guess that will disable the hologen setting automatically.

"LED Front Fog Lamps Present On/Off"
Sponsored

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Has anyone disabled TPMS and if so do you get any annoying messages or sounds on startup ?
I have mine disabled. No messages or sounds. I think that part of the screen actually disappears if I remember right.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I have mine disabled. No messages or sounds. I think that part of the screen actually disappears if I remember right.
I know when I ran a Tazer several years ago when I disabled TPMS the screen disappeared and thats ok and I got no error messages but did get this annoying “Ding” sound right after startup.

I have already downloaded the app and have been looking thru the demo mode and it seems to have a ton of things you can do with it

mushroomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Good question! I haven't tried using the app yet without data service. It would be relatively easy to test. Just put your phone in "airplane mode" and see if you can still scan for codes.
I don't have any JScan products, trying to figure this out before purchasing

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Found it. So I guess that will disable the hologen setting automatically.

"LED Front Fog Lamps Present On/Off"
There's also an option to allow the fog Llghts to stay on when the high beams are active.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Here's two goodies, not all JSCAN user's may know is doable with JSCAN:

Disables Weather Alerts.. Do know it also disables Travel Link:

ADAPTATION ---> Radio user settings --> SDAR Travel Link Feature Present On/Off--> Target Value = Deactivated

Fogs with High Beams:
ADAPTATION --> Vehicle user settings -> Front Fog Lamp Dropout Enable On/Off --> Target Value = Deactivated

cride1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
So is it true that if you disable the auto start/stop feature that you also disable remote start?

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
So is it true that if you disable the auto start/stop feature that you also disable remote start?
You can’t disable start stop with JScan. I think you can with the tazer but I haven’t heard anyone say that remote start is also disabled.

cride1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe it can be done, but you also have to remove a switch under the hood for it to actually work. When you go into that menu on Jscan, you deactivate it, then it gives you the other steps to finish the deactivation. I decided not to do it, but forgot to change it back before unplugging it. Now it just gives me a single honk and doesn't start.

You can’t disable start stop with JScan. I think you can with the tazer but I haven’t heard anyone say that remote start is also disabled.

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
I believe it can be done, but you also have to remove a switch under the hood for it to actually work. When you go into that menu on Jscan, you deactivate it, then it gives you the other steps to finish the deactivation. I decided not to do it, but forgot to change it back before unplugging it. Now it just gives me a single honk and doesn't start.
That I didn’t know. Last I heard they were still working on it. I’m assuming it is one of the hood plungers. If that’s the case I could see why it won’t remote start as it thinks the hood is open.

Sponsored

cride1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is one of the plungers. I would be surprised if there are that many folks that hate the auto start stop so much that they would give up remote start. I have perfected stopping with just enough pressure to stop without killing the engine anyways.

That I didn’t know. Last I heard they were still working on it. I’m assuming it is one of the hood plungers. If that’s the case I could see why it won’t remote start as it thinks the hood is open.

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
It is one of the plungers. I would be surprised if there are that many folks that hate the auto start stop so much that they would give up remote start. I have perfected stopping with just enough pressure to stop without killing the engine anyways.
That’s a weird one first I’ve heard of it. Personally I’m so used to hitting the start button then the start/stop button. Every once in awhile I do forget and I stop and I go “damn it”.

OP
OP
AllenTC2

AllenTC2

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S in Granite Metallic
Same here, though with harsher language.

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Is there a way to enable sway bar disconnect in 2wd, or over 18mph yet?

Also is there a dedicated JScan page on this forum to ask questions and what not?
Sponsored