Must do customization

Arupghosh

First Name
Arup
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Hi all, I am expecting my first Jeep next week. I have purchased a Jeep Sahara. I was reading in Google that there are several must do customization require in Jeep, like seat cover, steel bumper, entry guards, hood latches. I am not sure what are the must do and which are just advertisement. Can you please guide
Sponsored

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Hi all, I am expecting my first Jeep next week. I have purchased a Jeep Sahara. I was reading in Google that there are several must do customization require in Jeep, like seat cover, steel bumper, entry guards, hood latches. I am not sure what are the must do and which are just advertisement. Can you please guide
Drive it stock for a while and decide what you dont like or need to drive it the way you want it to drive. Otherwise you will start throwing money at mods you thought were ā€œmust doā€ only to realize you didnt need them in the first place.

Once you open pandoras box of modding, its very hard to close it.

Slaphitter

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Sahara 4XE
A Sahara doesnā€™t ā€œneedā€ anything for daily driving, or for most casual, weekend offroad driving. One quick, cheap idea though - buy a stubby radio antenna (many are available on Amazon for less than $30) and replace the long, whippy factory antenna. The factory antenna works perfectly, but itā€™s not great inside a car wash tunnel.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely nothing is a must doā€¦ā€¦ get it drive it, itā€™ll come to you what you want to doā€¦ā€¦..thereā€™s only one thing that you should do, and thatā€™s researchā€¦ā€¦ make sure you read up on everything you want to do, good and bad reviews. Donā€™t read just one thing then jump right into the modification, thatā€™ll result in wasted moneyā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ best of luck, and congrats on new rigā€¦ā€¦..also, Iā€™d refrain from calling it a car, some in here are touchy about thatā€¦ā€¦.šŸ˜

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I was reading in Google that there are several must do customization require in Jeep
Nothing is must do.

like seat cover
Only if you think you need them.

steel bumper
Definitely not a necessity and adds allot of weight to the front of the vehicle.

entry guards
These are a good idea, but also not a necessity.

hood latches
Not needed for the JL unless you want something that locks. With the JK and older Wranglers, the hood latches stretched and caused hood flex while highway driving.

Sponsored

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
There are only a couple things that I consider a "must do". Seat covers, because I want to keep my seats protected, Floor liners because I want to protect my carpets, a screen protector for the radio face because if it gets messed up you're screwed, and a stubby antenna because I don't like the huge one that comes with the Jeep. Those are personal preferences and the Jeep won't break if I don't do them. Everything else, just like others said, is based on what you don't like about factory components and your intended use of your Jeep.

cbh

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
Occupation
Retired Air Force
Absolutely nothing is a must doā€¦ā€¦ get it drive it, itā€™ll come to you what you want to doā€¦ā€¦..thereā€™s only one thing that you should do, and thatā€™s researchā€¦ā€¦ make sure you read up on everything you want to do, good and bad reviews. Donā€™t read just one thing then jump right into the modification, thatā€™ll result in wasted moneyā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ best of luck, and congrats on new rigā€¦ā€¦..also, Iā€™d refrain from calling it a car, some in here are touchy about thatā€¦ā€¦.šŸ˜
Great advice!

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Google will point to a lot of videos of idiots telling you "must do" things or don't do this till you've wasted your time watching my video, ignore all of them. How tall are you? I would say seat jackers are a must if you're over 6', it makes the ride much nicer. Outside of that, they are pretty nice off the lot.

Pete_the_JEEP

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Drive it for awhile before doing anything. For us, we decided on only a few small things so far. Seat covers, knowing there would be lots of sand. (Florida) Since we like having the freedom tops off a lot, we got a mesh net to help with the sun, and we also added door pins to make taking the doors off a little easier.
I have a wish list a mile long though! ;) Oh and like it was said above, have ducks on hand

Sponsored

keeperman13

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda CRV, Ordered JLUR
Occupation
Mortar Manufacture
Vehicle Showcase
When you start driving, you will notice things. Then you come to the forum and find if someone else had the same idea. Folks here are right. Shoot, Im 6 months in and the only thing I have added is storage for my center console. I needed a good spot for my phone. You're gonna love it!

drpericak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Earl JLU Rubicon
Occupation
dentist
Iā€™d get a screen protector for radio and put it on right away. Never have to worry about it ever again.
Why, what did you do to your radio that you need a screen protector for it?

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
1 tons.