First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Hey @Lazygreek
I don't know about the quality of them, but I've seen premade plug and play extensions for the ARB compressors on eBay. They come in various lengths and seemed reasonably priced considering the ease of use and no need to solder, crimp, etc. I'm looking at the MORE mount and am hoping it will fit with the Tuffy enclosure that I plan on purchasing (from the pics I've seen online it seems doable). I'll probably buy one of those harness extensions if I do it. I previously had the dual ARB under the hood of my JKU on a metalcloak bracket. That was an easy install. Now with the JLU and looking at my options.
Sponsored

Jlrut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Sahara sold: 2dr Rub ordered 1/17 traded: 2019 2 door picked up 12/27

Lazygreek

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Hello,

Today, the compressor is installed. I contacted ARB if this was a good solution, and they suggested I put in the Air manifold. Since its not expensive. Where is a good solution to mount it. That is behind the rear seats.
IMG_1942.jpg

Patsloft

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Clubs

Quick question, what is the benefit of a compressor (ARB or Viar) versus using a Power Tank. The Power Tank's seem to have more capabilities and air faster.

Thanks for the help
ARB Unlimited air supply ...Power Tank is great but it will empty and then you have to get it filled and that seems like a hassle to me

Sponsored

Rustydog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Hello,

Today, the compressor is installed. I contacted ARB if this was a good solution, and they suggested I put in the Air manifold. Since its not expensive. Where is a good solution to mount it. That is behind the rear seats.
IMG_1942.jpg
I thought the manifold is just needed for lockers.
I went around and round on location. And the MORE bracket seemed to be the ideal solution giving proper ventilation. Agreed it’s not the best location with the top off. But I just put a cheapie Amazon elastic band winch cover over it to keep the dust off of it. And pull it off when I need it. With the hardtop on it is not a issue.
I have discovered that it’s essential to keep the engine running while running the compressor.
@Lazygreek. I see that you had some trouble with those side bolts holding the compressor to the bracket. Just save yourself the grief and get a closed end ratcheting wrench. Makes the job much easier

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
DV8 is making an under hood mount now as well. Interested in this one as it looks like it's down low enough to keep away from most of the heat.
I definitely need an air compressor solution and really like the mounted idea in the engine bay. I am very impressed in the package from Jim @Kansascoast and just saw the DV8 bracket on Northridge 4X4, but wonder how it compares to the bracket from @Kansascoast? I would rather not have the compressor in the cab and want to hook up to the auxiliary 3 button as done by @Goin2drt with assistance from Jim. A very clean install. I want to make sure the compressor is above the fording depth. I understand the appeal of portables, but I have cheap Walmart compressors in our other vehicles since they have normal car tires.

Sponsored

Escareno187

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Any ideas on why no one has made a bracket to mount the ARB dual compressor under the rear bench seat? Seems to me that there is plenty of room there. At least there is enough for a large bag with my recovery gear.
Keeps the seat from folding down

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I placed mine under passenger seat. Theres an air vent under there that blows toward the backseat. Now blows directly onto compressor. Just remember to set AC to cooling and feet.
I really like the installation by @Kansascoast especially with the male attachment below the drivers side door. Once Aux 3 is engaged you can air up all the tires. Very clean install and no concerns of passengers kicking the compressor. I will be purchasing the ARB dual.

aerosynch

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Looks good, any insights on how you wired it? Where did you get it also? I am still showing it as backordered/preorder? Thank you.

I installed my ARB dual compressor today using ARB’s new underseat mount. It’s much further under the seat than the other underseat product I’ve seen.

Nice product, terrible instructions!

CA41290F-30E4-48DA-BA9C-69FFC6283D70.jpeg
A4E801A3-26AE-4F79-BF2C-145C492DDE5E.jpeg
F2591A04-3934-4BDC-AA2F-A6043660FED0.jpeg
2BD408DB-0B90-43F8-94B2-7EB3A61B0DA7.jpeg
Sponsored