UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone find the compressor gets to warm under the seat?
I dunno about “too warm” but it does get hot...especially the braided hose and connectors. With that said, I aired up 4 35s, 4 33s, and 3 32s back to back last weekend. The compressor didn’t skip a beat.
Sponsored

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Anyone find the compressor gets to warm under the seat?
The under seat location, while convenient, doesn't promote the best air flow and heat dissipation. Unless it goes into thermal and shuts down, you shouldn't have to worry.

I had the ARB single mounted under the hood (over the exhaust manifold) on my JK and after a day on the trail I was lucky if I was able to air up 2 tires before it overheated and went into thermal.

HardRock

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK Hard Rock Edition (FL); 2018 Rubicon JL (CA)
Isn’t the under the seat mount location way cooler than in the engine compartment? When it’s in extreme temps at all times - never mind just airing up.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Isn’t the under the seat mount location way cooler than in the engine compartment? When it’s in extreme temps at all times - never mind just airing up.
Depending on where you mount it you're likely to get much more airflow in the engine bay than under the seat. How many people actually run them with the engine running and the hood closed? If you're talking to run lockers it's a very small amount of air needed and a very short run cycle.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Depending on where you mount it you're likely to get much more airflow in the engine bay than under the seat. How many people actually run them with the engine running and the hood closed? If you're talking to run lockers it's a very small amount of air needed and a very short run cycle.
I don't know if I agree with more air flow mounted under the hood. Any under hood mounted compressor is going to suffer from heat absorption from the engine if you've been running trails all day and air up immediately afterwards.

Sponsored

BobBarker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB
Why does no one consider the Kleinn system? It mounts underneath the vehicle and is waterproof. Seems like that would be the best option but no one ever mentions it?

No way would I put one under the seat. My little craftsman unit I use at home will burn you after 30s of use.

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Why does no one consider the Kleinn system? It mounts underneath the vehicle and is waterproof. Seems like that would be the best option but no one ever mentions it?.
That's because Kleinn only puts out 2.0 CFM at 0 psi. ARB puts out 6.16 CFM at 0 psi.

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I have a 2dr and how does the underseat mount work when flipping the seat forward? Might be a good option when airing up to have the seat flipped forward. I am considering the 4 tire deflate and inflate kit but will there be an issue with the seat frame airline mount when flipping the seat forward?

HardRock

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK Hard Rock Edition (FL); 2018 Rubicon JL (CA)
I have a 2dr and how does the underseat mount work when flipping the seat forward? Might be a good option when airing up to have the seat flipped forward. I am considering the 4 tire deflate and inflate kit but will there be an issue with the seat frame airline mount when flipping the seat forward?
No issues. Does not interfere with seat motion at all. No need to move the seat. The 4-tire inflation kit also works fine.

Sponsored

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
No issues. Does not interfere with seat motion at all. No need to move the seat. The 4-tire inflation kit also works fine.
Thanks appreciate the reply.

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
This is how I mounted mine. All you need is an L shaped bracket. Pics are with a temporary bracket I made, then I had a machine shop make a permanent one.

IMG-20181102-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20181102-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20181102-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20181102-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20181102-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20181102-WA0006.jpg

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I had my ARB twin under hood. Had an air leak while at E.J.S. Moab and was happy to find ARB had a couple techs in town. They sourced the leak, hose fitting elbow on ARB. Problem was, nobody could get a wrench on it without unit removal. Neither they or I was going there, in the parking lot @ E.J.S. But, If that wasn't bad enough. Both techs said, "that was a bad location because it preheated(heat soaked)the compressor". They both said the ARB is a tuff little unit but that was a bad environment. I mentioned 3 inside locations I new about to them and a sales rep. They all said the M.O.R.E. location was the most preferred because of air flow. That is were my ARB is now, damn things are too expensive to install in a less than ideal location.

ARB air compressor location.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: